IGNORED

Excel...

Bob The Bug

Hi Folks

Due to poor sales I have postponed Excel for the time being.

Refunds have been sent out via PayPal... might make a comeback next year, as an irregular mag as and when...

Thanks for the support! I can't devote the time to keep up new issues for so desperately few people.

cheers

Robert

Hi Folks

Due to poor sales I have postponed Excel for the time being.

Refunds have been sent out via PayPal... might make a comeback next year, as an irregular mag as and when...

Thanks for the support! I can't devote the time to keep up new issues for so desperately few people.

cheers

Robert

First i'm hearing about this -- I'll admit I'm in and out of sites like Atariage over time. I assume we'll still be able to buy any existing/released magazines?

To all those who haven't had a chance to look at Excel, do give it a try. It is by the far the most aesthetically pleasing of all dedicated Atari magazines and it need not hide from commercial retro magazines. This is not a stack of stapled photocopies but nothing less than a commercial quality magazine. I upgraded to a subscription after reading issue #1 and #s 2 and three were even better!

Hoping the best for a future revival through increased interest in back issues.

Sorry to hear that - was thinking that a good possible article for a Xmas issue (or pre-Xmas) is the suggestion for a Nvidia K1 Tablet - and how it works with Colleen, as well as the other emulators for it. etc etc.

I do understand how the numbers of sales would be smaller than one hoped for. Vintage retrogaming is a small market but it could grow due to the time available for those entering that phase of life - whereby more free time becomes available to them. It is getting in touch with them that is the real problem?

Best of luck with what you'll spend your time doing - and as long as you enjoy what you choose to do - is what really counts.

Harvey

Sometimes the Atari community can be a little too reserved, hardware projects get instantly seized upon so the maker can guess the support but things like magazines get set aside to see what they will become, sometimes it pays to seize the moment and support these things, if it turns out rubbish you stop buying.

If he brings a #4 out I beg people to grab it while its out so to make the magazine regular and to reward the hard work by Robert...

Its not like we are over run with English supported quality mags!

Just saying..

Paul...

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Bob. I was amazed at the effort you have made, perhaps you might contribute to Pro© :)

So that leaves everyone to support Pro© Atari 8-bit Magazine - articles welcome - send them to myself (text and screenshots). The first 11 issues are available in English (or German) language - they are not out of date in any way.

Issue #10 - Had a mixture of articles from many people in the Atari community

Issue #11 - Has a special feature covering every Light Gun Game

Issue #12 - should be out in December and will have a theme

If this is well supported we might be able to expand things next year - it is not for profit: at present with people buying the boxed software and T-shirts I believe it is about breaking even.

Thanks again, folks... but I will definitely be doing a further issue (and more) - just not on a regular schedule.

I tried to get them out on time but it was becoming impossible, so no more subscriptions - what was I thinking... ? :)

Look out for the next issue in the New Year - probably around March. It would be nice to review some of the new games - Laura, Gunfright, Hobgoblin 2, Rick Dangerous etc... looking forward to that!

cheers

Robert

• Like 6

I am so sorry to hear that:(:( Just got my first 3 issues couple of days ago. I couldn't wait and had to open the envelope right at the post office. The issue no. 3 is printed on excellent quality paper and there is no difference to mags you normally buy from a newsagent!! Unbeatable quality and great reading. I just refuse to think this was all too good to be true!

I will definitely buy more issues when available.

post-34165-0-63550500-1478830085_thumb.jpg

Edited by jk40001
  • Like 1