IGNORED

Excel...

Bob The Bug

I always think that a good spread to do in any magazine - is an update for an introduction - or rather reintroduction to the Atari 8-bit computers.

I'm still waiting for my issues to arrive - as I'm guessing it may take up to a month? perhaps for them to do so? So, I haven't browsed through a hardcopy issue yet.

It is pretty straight forward to recount the homebrew scene from the mid 90s till 2016 - the best of - for each game type. Just to point out what people have missed - who have not revisited this old hardware again? But also a summary of the popular hardware mods that people have done. I'm not familiar with these - with what each mod represents. But I'm one for sticking with the standard hardware and not keen on working on project(s) for a smaller subset of Atari 8-bit still. I think it's rather nice to show off what an Atari 400 16K machine can still do.

Maybe something about what to be careful with - in trying out a forgotten Atari computer - in bringing it back into use again? With a quick summary of common faults to avoid or spot.

Harvey

It took about a month for mine to arrive in the states, so I would imagine it might take a bit longer to NZ.

Being away from Atari for awhile I feel pretty lost in these forums. I have bought the first two issue electronically first.

Definitely enjoy the paper copy though as it's easier to enjoy the actual content.

You'll notice a post mark on your magazines saying that they're coming from Australia. I got them yesterday and sent them out this morning along with another person's order.

Finally received the magazines intact - although the envelope was a bit battered. The recent earthquakes north of Christchurch (early Monday morning) probably added some delay to it's arrival. Bob has done some excellent work. Things cannot get back to what it was - even back to the 1990s' - so we have to truly appreciate the work done - by anyone since that time - in keeping the interest and spirit of this old hardware - alive and kicking. What I'd done in re-using other games graphics - in AtariBlast! - actually was done in Hawkquest - but I got the feeling that not many would have noticed this? Because it's more apparent in the secondary game graphics within Hawkquest.

• Like 2

Just through all the 3 magazines, really great work.

I do not agree with some of the rankings of the games, because it seems to me you are to enthusiastic on some games.

But hey, that's only my opinion!

Good reviews with a lot of background information.

I hope you will release some more magazines, even it's not on a regular base.

Best regards

Tigerduck

Edited by Tigerduck
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...