IGNORED

Pac Man Championship edition 2

GrizzLee

This might be old news. I just saw this announced a day or so ago.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/12/12887730/pac-man-ce-2-review-pc-ps4-xb1

In any event, I picked up a copy for the XBONE on my lunch break (price is right). I passed on the previous releases as they were digital. I like physical media (call me old fashion).

It looks awesome. We'll see if it is any good.

Edited by GrizzLee

i mentioned it here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/213331-pac-man-championship-edition-dx/

i got it, tried it, and got rid of it after a few games.

it was horrible, and not worthy of the pac-man name.

too much dumbing down of gameplay, and emphasis on flash and graphics over gameplay.

avoid.

later

Edited by negative1

Negative1, quit being so.... um, negative :P

I'm thrilled to see Pac-Man CE2 getting a physical release. GrizzLee, like you I don't buy digital games - EXCEPT I purchased Pac-Man CE DX digitally on PS3 and it was worth every penny. Insane fast-paced gameplay (with lots of eyecandy) and pumping electronic music in surround sound! What's not to love?? I still play it to this day when I just need my Pac-Fix. I have not read anything about the sequel yet, but I expect it to be great. I'll be buying the physical release on day one.

Negative1, quit being so.... um, negative :P

I'm thrilled to see Pac-Man CE2 getting a physical release. GrizzLee, like you I don't buy digital games - EXCEPT I purchased Pac-Man CE DX digitally on PS3 and it was worth every penny. Insane fast-paced gameplay (with lots of eyecandy) and pumping electronic music in surround sound! What's not to love?? I still play it to this day when I just need my Pac-Fix. I have not read anything about the sequel yet, but I expect it to be great. I'll be buying the physical release on day one.

So far I'm enjoying it... Played some Galaga as well. But I already have that numerous places. But, a first to play it on the XBONE. The bumping mechanics are interesting... The fact of the matter, is that I am getting old and my reflexes ain't what they used to be, so I am having a fun time to keep up with the fast pace. Makes regular pac man look like slow motion... and I suck at that as well. In any event, the bright colors and music are really cool and retro (yeah, lots of eye candy). Epileptic seizures.. yeah for sure, Be careful.

I have no complaints. I really love when they up date the classics like this. Not really have played the previous ones, other than in a demo, so I really can't compare. But, hey, it only cost $20.. I will get my monies worth for sure.

Edited by GrizzLee
  • Like 1

there are tons of reviews for this game, as it has been out for months now.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pac+man+ce+2+reviews&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS569US569&oq=pac+man+ce+2+reviews&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j0l2.5347j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

basically -

=====================

- more mazes

- added bosses (?????)

- now you can 'bump' into ghosts, instead of dying when you touch them

- the ghosts follow certain paths when you eat an energizer, so you don't really have to figure out where they are going

many more things to simplify the game for beginners

- the ghosts will 'auto-group' together in chains for you to eat, so no skill involved with that either

there might be demos for you to try it out before deciding.

again, basically it's pac-man for beginners, there is no challenge left in the game.

later

• 3 weeks later...

In any event, I picked up a copy for the XBONE on my lunch break (price is right). I passed on the previous releases as they were digital. I like physical media (call me old fashion).

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade has the original Pac-Man Championship Edition that everyone loved so much, and is a retail release on the Xbox 360 and is correctly recognized on the Xbox One. It's also on one of those XBLA compilation discs, as well as on cartridge for the 3DS.

On the Xbox One at this time, Namco Museum also unlocks the 360 XBLA releases for Dig Dug, Galaga, Galaga Legions, Mr. Driller Online, Ms. Pac-Man, New Rally-X, and Pac-Man. Presumably Xevious will follow in time and complete that lineup, and hopefully the non-XBLA half of the compilation will also eventually be added to the compatibility list with 22 more arcade classics (And three arrangement games).

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

Pac-Man Champ is pretty good on the PSP. The big problem is, it can't be played on the Vita... a missed opportunity in my opinion. Avoid the Android version... it's an amazingly crappy port. It was part of a Humble Bundle a year ago and I STILL feel like I paid too much for it.

• 6 months later...

I got annoyed at the original Pacman C.E. where I played intensely for a long time, perfecting my game until I hit that one-off very high score. I was ecstatic, although it'd be very hard to duplicate, my score was immortalized! ....Then they "updated" the game and wiped out all scores for some reason. SCREW U.. that really turned me off on playing those games anymore :lol: