IGNORED

The Official AtariAge 2016 Secret Santa Thread

Grig

After all the chaos, I finally got to open my gift box late Monday night. My secret santa knocked it out of the park!!

post-26465-0-11090500-1482947491_thumb.jpg

A couple cool shirts; not sure how Santa knew I had a mini collection of Grinch shirts, but this one is great!

post-26465-0-65470500-1482947558_thumb.jpg

A whole load of great stuff; five packs of gummy candy, an Atari stick candy tin, a Worms game for PSP (which is exactly the type of game I will want when I get a PSP), a Gameboy multicart, N64 controller, a GC memory card which I need, A thumb drive shaped like a PS controller, a little game hints book from the era, and PS1 Tomb Raider, which was the only thing I already had. All of this would have been plenty, but I saved the best for last:

post-26465-0-18456900-1482948153_thumb.jpg

Intellivision Lives for the DS - I never had this, always wanted it but never got around to it, perfect!

Exploding Kittens card game - This is exactly the type of game we love to play; it was a kickstarter project and looks like a lot of fun!

and, a Radio Shack chess game. This is an electronic game, but you get to move the pieces manually, which is great. My SS obviously researched to find out I collect Radio Shack stuff, but this one is pretty special to me. I never owned it, but played it in the store. When I was 11-12 years old my dad had an office space in back of a convenience store next to a RS and I hung around there all the time. I am sure they would have kicked me out, but I would help the customers find things and try to sell them things I though were awesome. I specifically remember making a "sale" on one of these chess games after showing a man how it worked and answering his questions, so this is a great gift for me.

Thanks so much for all the effort that went into this, I appreciate it so much!!

• Like 8

I had two gifts from my Secret Santa that I waited to open until Christmas as they were wrapped! One of them is the Atari 8-bit computers book, "Your Atari Computer - a guide to Atari 400/800 personal computers", and the other wrapped item was actually two anime DVDs, "Armitage III: Poly Matrix" and "Armitage: Dual Matrix" (these are the order they came out, I put them in the wrong order in the photo). I'm pretty sure I had this Atari 8-bit book "back in the day", so it's really cool to own it again! I got my start on Atari 8-bit computers, so it's always nice to acquire new items related to them. :) And I love anime, and I have not yet seen any of the Armitage series. I look forward to watching these!

opened_gifts.jpg

Thanks again to my Secret Santa for the thoughtful gifts!

..Al

• Like 8

Well I am ecstatic to report that my Secret Santa box came today!! This is out of this world!

The Star Trek stuff is amazing. I absolutely love the Pixel Bricks - not to be confused with Mr. Mxyzptlk! I'll probably have both books read by New Year's. The glass will go on the shelf with my Funspot glasses - place of honor! I need to find a way to mount the plaque to my arcade cabinet. I think it'll look sexy there. :)

There's pins and a cool looking cart I haven't booted as yet and pecans and Jolly Ranchers galore!

Thank you very much "Santa"!! I love everything here! My wife is blown away and cannot believe I belong to such a great group. :)

Yeah... you'll all know who my SS is just like I did as soon as you see the pic.

Stella's Stocking is a great addition! It has been a Christmas tradition for me since I got it from my Secret Santa several years back. Sometimes I just leave it on the yule log screen and let the wonky Christmas carols blast out of the game room until my wife puts the kibosh on it....

• Like 2

I finally came back home last night and this morning my wife and I had our very own Christmas v.2.0, complete with all our presents still under our Christmas tree.

Among the bountiful loot was a discreet, smallish box from an unknown Santa Claus agent. I opened it with excitement and was absolutely taken aback by the contents!!! All I can say is :o :o :o OMG!!! :o :o :o

My Secret Santa has treated me exceptionally well, I guess I was a good boy this year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lo! Behold! A magnificent Christmas Present indeed!

• post-27318-0-73347900-1483029084_thumb.jpg

And here is each individual item in all its majestic glory.

• post-27318-0-70870500-1483029123_thumb.jpg <- An RPG game for the PC
  • post-27318-0-47896600-1483029142_thumb.jpg <- Slim Jim -- my favourite treat that's not good for me!!! :)
  • post-27318-0-13472400-1483029172_thumb.jpg <- Some collectible pins...
  • post-27318-0-68508000-1483029193_thumb.jpg <- My very own Retropie!!! WOW!!!

That's amazing! Thanks, Secret Santa! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)

-dZ.

• Like 8

Stella's Stocking is a great addition! It has been a Christmas tradition for me since I got it from my Secret Santa several years back. Sometimes I just leave it on the yule log screen and let the wonky Christmas carols blast out of the game room until my wife puts the kibosh on it....

Annoying the wife with the Atari... found a new past time! Maybe a new grounds for divorce too but we'll deal with that when it comes!!

attachicon.gifIMG_3630.jpg <- My very own Retropie!!! WOW!!!

That's amazing! Thanks, Secret Santa! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)

-dZ.

Wait... what? In the cart??

Edited by ClassicGMR

I approve of your LEGO railroad track.

Thanks. My wife and I do this every year, although it seems to be getting bigger (hehe, I try to avoid mentioning when when I get new tracks). I build the railroad tracks and she builds the little villages. This year, since we weren't going to be home for Christmas, we got a small-ish tree and didn't put all the villages. It's a modest setup, but still warms up the house with Christmas Spirit. :)

• post-27318-0-54194400-1483029610_thumb.jpg
  • post-27318-0-40888300-1483029511_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2

Annoying the wife with the Atari... found a new past time! Maybe a new grounds for divorce too but we'll deal with that when it comes!!

Wait... what? In the cart??

Aparently so!!! :o It has little plugs on the bottom and it came with instructions on how to use it. I will definitely play with it today! :)

• Like 1

OK, I can confirm authoritatively that the Nintendo cartridge indeed houses a RetroPie running Emulation Station loaded with a metric sh*t-load of games for various platforms, among them: Atari 2600, Sega Master System, Lynx, Atari 7800, PlayStation, GameBoy, GBA, etc.

I just finished spending a few hours relieving old memories and playing ancient games on my big screen TV. This was an awesome gift. :)

Thank you very much, Secret Santa, whoever you are. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

-dZ.

• Like 4

Thanks. My wife and I do this every year, although it seems to be getting bigger (hehe, I try to avoid mentioning when when I get new tracks). I build the railroad tracks and she builds the little villages. This year, since we weren't going to be home for Christmas, we got a small-ish tree and didn't put all the villages. It's a modest setup, but still warms up the house with Christmas Spirit. :)

You should try to get a hold of 10173 Sadly it has been discontinued many years ago and it's fairly expensive but I have it and it's very nice! One of the first complex Christmas set by LEGO. There's also extra instruction to convert it to use 9v motor but your picture shows later PF system, this train can easily be adapted to run on PF system.

• Like 1

Bill Lange, that mess of junk food was all me! :grin: I figured since you didn't specify, at least one of those snacks -- whether sweet or savory -- should hit the spot. I hope you enjoyed the present. :)

This was great! I'd love to do it again next year! :thumbsup:

-dZ.

• Like 1

@Chuck D. Head ....thank you so much! I loved my gifts so much!

So, those last two gifts I mentioned in my last post, so everyone knows what they were, they were awesome! More specifically :) they were two 'hidden gem' games for the NES and the Genesis.... Ninja Kid and Wiz n' Liz, respectfully. I'm always looking to play these types of games....basically those that are pretty unknown but tons of fun. And these for the hidden gem description perfectly! The best part was the notes that Chuck added to each. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks again man!

And I was the SS for SWLOVINIST. Hope you liked and had a merry holiday season.

Funny how things work out; your outgoing package went about as far as it could in the continental states and wound up 15 miles from where your incoming package started. Glad you liked the games and I know you will have fun with them.