IGNORED

2048 game for Intellivision

nanochess

Snow addified: attachicon.gif2048s.zip

Kinda funny that as I was adding the feature to the Interrupt procedure, it wouldn't work. The window would pop up and close. Reading in the manual in the past basically saying don't put too much work in the on frame loop or stack overflow will occur, was on my mind. It took me awhile to remember if ROM size is over 16KB, remap the data. So I did that and then the snowing animation worked. Yay!!! With priority bit on for the back snowflakes. So I went ahead and boot up tile studio to draw the number and the backdrop for the bottom of the screen. The numbers are attached in the zip file. Only thing you have to know that the number 128, and 2048, the last tile displaying 8 is the duplicate tile that Intycolor found. So keep that in mind that you'll have to update the 2048 and above tile information in the 2 print_at trees in the source code if you're redrawing those 2 numbers. I changed the graphic mode to colorstack mode to make the priority bit work right for the numbers.

I would have a suggestion for this. You drew the numbers off centered, the smaller numbers could be centered inside the 32 pixels space with your approach. Also the 64 reminded me fondly of Spectrum graphics.

Also the snow could be draw with minimum Y zoom and I think it would look beautiful because it would look more fine.

In fact I was trying a 2x2 tile approach (4 tiles for each number) but it looked awful so I discarded it. There are enough tiles for each number, 13x4 = 52 tiles.

• Like 2

I would have a suggestion for this. You drew the numbers off centered, the smaller numbers could be centered inside the 32 pixels space with your approach. Also the 64 reminded me fondly of Spectrum graphics.

Also the snow could be draw with minimum Y zoom and I think it would look beautiful because it would look more fine.

In fact I was trying a 2x2 tile approach (4 tiles for each number) but it looked awful so I discarded it. There are enough tiles for each number, 13x4 = 52 tiles.

I will experiment the 2x2 metatile approach. The one thing I love about IntyCOLOR that it provide the data tree I need and the number 0-13 for the tiles are there, so I can use that as pointer to the data tree to retrieve the card data to print the metatile on screen. I will have to figure out how the 2 routines works as it is drawing the board.

I had a thought of using 16 high for the snow. It a little hard to figure out how to make it look nice. I just had a thought that snowflake can be rotate about 11.5 degree so that the stem would be horizontal instead of vertical.

post-24767-0-09940100-1478981781_thumb.png <-- warning, it does not animate

New ROM: 2048s2.rom

I had a small bug that I didn't clear off the back snow sprites on the title screen. Instead of doing that due to laziness, I made the number text look 3D by having MOB 4-7 behind the white text, so I didn't need to clear off the MOBs after the games completed.

I probably add a menu to select whether you want snow or not to the title screen. I probably work on that after I return from my niece's bday party.

• Like 3

Ok, ok, so this is going a be a full-blown game :)

Super-ultra-duper-mega cool! 8)

Sure, let's add some more background ideas, make them appear as a different levels of scores are reached and/or selectable from the menu and this can be the first game of Showcase Volume 2 ;)
  • Like 3

Lets see, jungle level, desert level, sewer level, Disco level(featuring Groovybee), candy level, milkshake level, rainbow glitter level, Hello Kitty level, chemisty level, roman numeral and more! I'll work on the graphics Sunday night or Monday.

Congrats! you're grandfather, just recently I'm father. :grin:

Uncle ;) . I'm way too young to be a grandfather. :D Or is my hair turning gray already... :( One of these days I will have kids of my own. :) At least I can spoil my nieces with presents.

What..no BooBs level???

No, sadly... We want this game to appeal to kids, even though it have blood level. I could make the water balloons look like boob in the water balloon levels.

Ok I gotta sleep. :sleep: *counting sheep levels*

• Like 1

Lets see, jungle level, desert level, sewer level, Disco level(featuring Groovybee), candy level, milkshake level, rainbow glitter level, Hello Kitty level, chemisty level, roman numeral and more! I'll work on the graphics Sunday night or Monday.

You forgot nerdy programmer BINARY level. :lol:

No, sadly... We want this game to appeal to kids, even though it have blood level. I could make the water balloons look like boob in the water balloon levels.

Well, I have to say that for kids small enough, boobs do appeal to them. :o

OK, with that nasty joke out of the way, carry on. :grin:

• Like 1