3. Super Chef BT

4. Old School

5. Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe

6. The Lost Caves of Kroz

7. Mrs. Pac-Man

8. Gosub

9. Minehunter

10. Super Pro Baseball

I only own 15 homebrews and haven't played 3 of them yet so take this list with a big grain of salt after the top 4 or so.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I like many Intellivision games almost the same, so this isn't easy! (I also haven't played some rare titles, like Tower of Doom)

but these 10 seem to get the most playing time over the years, their themes, sound effects, graphics and gameplay.

1. Mouse Trap

2. Vectron

3. Utopia

4. Tron Deadly Discs

5. Christmas Carol [Homebrew]

6. Thunder Castle

7. Mission X

8. Tron: Maze a Tron

9. Happy Trails

10. Thin Ice

I feel like I’m missing something on Mission X.   Played the arcade and Intellivision one and it does not grab me.  Maybe not giving it enough of a chance or I just suck.  

Space Battle is my first and still one of my favourite.   Probably because I’m the hero, space warrior type.   Call me Zapp Brannigan.  

• Like 1

@JacobZu7zu7 - thanks for sharing your list! There are some interesting choices in there.

Happy to see another Vectron fan!

Surprise entries to me are Mouse Trap and Mission X. Graphically and game-play wise, Mouse Trap is nice, but IIRC the music gets on my nerves.  Mission X is one I wanted to like more than I actually like.

Tron Maze-A-Tron is another interesting choice. I really like it, too, but not top-10 like. Perhaps people are put off because it's a complex game, and you have to hunker down for a long session to really get everything it has to offer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, intvsteve said:

Tron Maze-A-Tron is another interesting choice. I really like it, too, but not top-10 like. Perhaps people are put off because it's a complex game, and you have to hunker down for a long session to really get everything it has to offer.

Tron Maze-A-Tron would be in my Bottom 10. My best friend and I tried and tried to like it back when it was first released. Slow plodding game play and we'd always get stuck on parts of the playfield. I've thought about giving it a second chance but haven't gotten up the courage. Ugh

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cvga said:

Tron Maze-A-Tron would be in my Bottom 10. My best friend and I tried and tried to like it back when it was first released. Slow plodding game play and we'd always get stuck on parts of the playfield. I've thought about giving it a second chance but haven't gotten up the courage. Ugh

Maze-A-Tron is definitely in my bottom 10 as well...it actually may be at the very bottom, lol.  I despise that game with a passion.

My top 10 in order:

1.  AD&D - Cloudy Mountain

2.  Tron Deadly Discs

3.  Burgertime

4.  Dreadnaught Factor

5.  Thunder Castle

6.  Utopia

7.  B17 Bomber

8.  Sub Hunt

9.  Space Battle

10.  Major League Baseball

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Space Battle is my first and still one of my favourite.   Probably because I’m the hero, space warrior type.   Call me Zapp Brannigan.  

Space Battle was one of the first games for me as well.  Such a great game.  It gave me that Star Wars feel as a kid, which was amazing to me.  I still love it, especially pressing button #4 for the "Super Advanced Speed" challenge.  Such a simple setup and presentation, yet so addicting....it's awesome.

• Like 1

I had never given Maze a Tron a chance, until maybe two years ago I decided to just give it a solid try.  I was surprised at how much it sorta reminded me of Pitfall! in that you go right or left and . . . do things like avoid enemies and collect items.  Once I read the manual and understood the point of the game, I was able to try the different difficulty levels and figure out some strategies for what to do.  I enjoyed playing the game, and it did actually succeed at pulling me into the Tron fantasy of being part of the inner-workings of a computer.  The biggest missing piece for me is that when you get to the MCP stage of the game, it seems you can only lose.  Granted, you can rack up higher scores in that section, but coming from a 2018 viewpoint, it seems like it would have been such a great idea to let you somehow defeat the MCP and start the adventure over again.

Anyway . . . I still wouldn't put it anywhere near the top 10, but I'd rather play it over Vectron, Star Strike, or Ice Trek.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wongojack said:

Anyway . . . I still wouldn't put it anywhere near the top 10, but I'd rather play it over Vectron, Star Strike, or Ice Trek.

Walk away Sinjin.  Walk away.  Don't let the bad man's words about Ice Trek trigger you.  He doesn't understand.  Ice Trek is very atmospheric and harsh for the unprepared.  Just like a real ice trek.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wongojack said:

I had never given Maze a Tron a chance, until maybe two years ago I decided to just give it a solid try.  I was surprised at how much it sorta reminded me of Pitfall! in that you go right or left and . . . do things like avoid enemies and collect items.  Once I read the manual and understood the point of the game, I was able to try the different difficulty levels and figure out some strategies for what to do.  I enjoyed playing the game, and it did actually succeed at pulling me into the Tron fantasy of being part of the inner-workings of a computer.  The biggest missing piece for me is that when you get to the MCP stage of the game, it seems you can only lose.  Granted, you can rack up higher scores in that section, but coming from a 2018 viewpoint, it seems like it would have been such a great idea to let you somehow defeat the MCP and start the adventure over again.

I agree with you on anything except the very last two words

• Like 2

Ice, the final frontier
These are the voyages of the HMS Terror

Its five year mission
To explore strange new lands

To seek out new life
And new civilizations
To boldly go where no Euro-man has gone before

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/12/hms-terror-wreck-found-arctic-nearly-170-years-northwest-passage-attempt

• Like 3

Ice Trek is a nice idea, but I don't actually enjoy playing it very much. Here's something I wrote about it in 2014 when there was a big ranking tournament going on for the 125.

The Verdict: I think this is a case where the whole is actually LESS than the sum of it's parts. . . So my feeling here is that the idea and creativity that went into this game is an A+. The unique gameplay and the variety of gaming scenarios is also very good, and I like the "quest" feeling where you are covering distance and actually finishing something. However, the actual gameplay is so tedious and uninteresting to me that I can't see myself actually wanting to experience this adventure again. If you put that all together it MIGHT be an average or even an above average game for some people, but in this case I think that the gameplay is just boring and nets out to a point where I lose any kind of interest I had in the story after reading the manual. The game is actually worth less than the sum of its parts.

•  
  • Like 1

(mostly from BITD)

NFL Football

NHL Hockey

Major League Baseball

NASL Soccer

PGA Golf

Space Battle

Donkey Kong Arcade

Safe Cracker

White Water

Lady Bug (don't judge me!)

Honorable mention to Stunt Cycle because my 9 year old faux granddaughter loves to play it with me.

4 hours ago, fsuinnc said:

(mostly from BITD)

NFL Football

NHL Hockey

Major League Baseball

NASL Soccer

PGA Golf

Space Battle

Donkey Kong Arcade

Safe Cracker

White Water

Lady Bug (don't judge me!)

Honorable mention to Stunt Cycle because my 9 year old faux granddaughter loves to play it with me.

Hey,I saw something about Stunt Cycle years ago!

Didnt you make and program that,yet it never actually was released on a cart?

Maybe it was a ROM only release?

I would love to see that get a full CIB release.?

• Thanks 1

Here's a quick tabulation of the results.

40 people have responded. If you included more than 10 games, I scaled your points so the total would be close to 10 (for example, if you listed 10 original games and 10 homebrews I gave each game 0.5 points).

1. Burgertime 20.15 points (22 ballots)

2. AD&D Cloudy Mountain 19.75

3. Astrosmash 14.65

4. Beauty and the Beast 13.15

5. Shark! Shark! 12.15

6. Lock N Chase 11.75

7. Utopia 11.6

8. Night Stalker 11.15

8. Tron Deadly Discs 11.15

10. Christmas Carol 11

11. AD&D Treasure of Tarmin 9.75

12. D2K/Arcade 9.1

13. Thunder Castle 9

14. Beamrider 8

15. Dreadnaught Factor 7.5

15. Major League Baseball 7.5

17. Bump N Jump 6.1

18. Frog Bog 6

19. AD&D Tower of Doom 5.5

19. Space Battle 5.5

19. Ms. Pacman 5.5

22. Space Spartans 5.25

23. Pitfall 5.1

24. Demon Attack 5

25. Snafu 4.65

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, cvga said:

Here's a quick tabulation of the results.

40 people have responded. If you included more than 10 games, I scaled your points so the total would be close to 10 (for example, if you listed 10 original games and 10 homebrews I gave each game 0.5 points).

1. Burgertime 20.15 points (22 ballots)

2. AD&D Cloudy Mountain 19.75

3. Astrosmash 14.65

4. Beauty and the Beast 13.15

5. Shark! Shark! 12.15

6. Lock N Chase 11.75

7. Utopia 11.6

8. Night Stalker 11.15

8. Tron Deadly Discs 11.15

10. Christmas Carol 11

11. AD&D Treasure of Tarmin 9.75

12. D2K/Arcade 9.1

13. Thunder Castle 9

14. Beamrider 8

15. Dreadnaught Factor 7.5

15. Major League Baseball 7.5

17. Bump N Jump 6.1

18. Frog Bog 6

19. AD&D Tower of Doom 5.5

19. Space Battle 5.5

19. Ms. Pacman 5.5

22. Space Spartans 5.25

23. Pitfall 5.1

24. Demon Attack 5

25. Snafu 4.65

Thanks for doing this. This will help with what we're planning on doing for the Intellivisionaries Christmas episode although I should have set up another thread asking for Original 125 list and a separate one for top ten homebrews. ?

Let's see...

In not particular order...

Burgertime

Lock N Chase

AD&D Cloudy Mtn

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Pitfall!

Skiing

Vectron

Mission X

Sub Hunt

I wish I could've had more (like Pac Man, White Water & Dreadnought Factor), but I was a poor high school kid back then. See my "violent death" post on what happened to my Intellivision back in the 80s.?

6 hours ago, Blarneo said:

Let's see...

In not particular order...

Burgertime

Lock N Chase

AD&D Cloudy Mtn

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Pitfall!

Skiing

Vectron

Mission X

Sub Hunt

I wish I could've had more (like Pac Man, White Water & Dreadnought Factor), but I was a poor high school kid back then. See my "violent death" post on what happened to my Intellivision back in the 80s.?

Good to see another Sub Hunt fan.  Great strategy and amazing AI in that game for its time.  Suspenseful too!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Good to see another Sub Hunt fan.  Great strategy and amazing AI in that game for its time.  Suspenseful too!!

Sub Hunt had 3 points which put it in a tie for 38th. After the update, it would move to 4 points and a tie for 27th. Not bad considering all of the Intellivision games available and that 113 different games received votes!

• Like 2