IGNORED

Sacred Tribe RESERVATION LIST

retroillucid

Woo-hoo! Found the first key, unlocked the chest, got my 45 gems and moved on to the new area -- which is mostly empty, by the way, until you get to the part where the music changes. :o

My home-made map is a bit over double its size now, and I discovered two new baddies: an evil slug and a nasty bat! The slug took one of my lives as I stared at it, dazed in confusion; and the bat took my last one. Dead. :(

56 total gems plus a new key I picked up but didn't get to use. Not a bad game. I'll try again tomorrow and see how far I get.

dZ.

• Like 4

We included a map just in case a player is really lost and can't make any progress

You don't really need a map to finish the game

The 2 secrets rooms are not on the included map, you need to find them

As if its a 2016 or 2017 release, well, I really don't mind honestly

I'll leave it up to you guys

But most (if not all) people who paid received their copy

Did you guys e-mail tracking numbers at all? Just curious, I paid on Dec 12th but still haven't received my copy :(

Edited by bradd1978

I haven't received my copy yet, but doesn't the jumping mechanic work by a single jump button press makes the player jump forward, even when standing still, and the height and length are always the same?

It's a great idea if stock controllers are expected to be used, but it would also explain why some people are having problems if they expect the game to behave like Super Mario Bros instead of how it sounds like it does.

• Like 2

I haven't received my copy yet, but doesn't the jumping mechanic work by a single jump button press makes the player jump forward, even when standing still, and the height and length are always the same?

It's a great idea if stock controllers are expected to be used, but it would also explain why some people are having problems if they expect the game to behave like Super Mario Bros instead of how it sounds like it does.

That's actually how it works. My issue is not that I expected it to work differently and it confuses me. My issue is that I personally don't like that specific jumping mechanic. In my opinion, that's a remnant of a time when gaming mechanics were less sophisticated and crude, so it could have been better. I don't see why using stock-controllers make it a "great idea," especially when those succeeding best are not using them.

dZ.

Yes, the nice thing about the jumping is that you jump forward. If you face the right direction all it takes is single button press to do what you need. Works really well.

Yes, the nice thing about the jumping is that you jump forward. If you face the right direction all it takes is single button press to do what you need. Works really well.

As long as you position the guy correctly. Since there is no damping, it sometimes becomes a game of taping back and forth until you get him to move the right amount. I find that dismounting from ladders next to a cliff like this can be cumbersome sometimes.

It's fine, and I can definitely deal with it. All I'm saying is that it is not perfect and that it could have used some finesse and be more sophisticated than that, and I hope this is considered for the next game. That is all.

dZ.

I think I have 2/3s of the map discovered, woo-hoo! My home-made map is helping out, because it includes the position of all treasures and baddies, so I can plan my route accordingly. I haven't figured how to pass that pesky Sacred Bat that's blocking my way yet, and I haven't seen any secret area.

The graphical style of the scenery is really nice to behold, and gives the game a lot of atmosphere. I particularly enjoy the great variation in the room designs, with just a very small set of iconic elements.

dZ.

I received my copy the day after Xmas. Played a little that day, but I am really giving it a run through now. I am up to 63 diamonds and some new music and scary creatures. I like this game a lot. This game creates excitement and great ambience, thanks to the graphics and music. I have found that it can be a little glitchy for me when running over long expanses of logs. Sometimes Sydney will have difficulty jumping or the logs don't fall down behind me until I have run over maybe six or seven and then they all fall at the same time in line with each other. Not a big deal, but it did kill me a few times unnecessarily. Now I just jump a lot when crossing long log bridges.

The map has been invaluable. Great all around game so far. I really feel the need to help the poor Sacred Tribe eat!

• Like 1

The last diamond pushed the result extremely. ;)

The first time I played Sacred Tribe, I was shocked to see how difficult it was

I even mentioned this to Oscar

Oscar replied, play more, get used to the enemies behavior

A day later, I was finishing the game without loosing a single life

Of course, I had the advantage to know where everything is in the game (Diamonds etc)

I received my copy the day after Xmas. Played a little that day, but I am really giving it a run through now. I am up to 63 diamonds and some new music and scary creatures. I like this game a lot. This game creates excitement and great ambience, thanks to the graphics and music. I have found that it can be a little glitchy for me when running over long expanses of logs. Sometimes Sydney will have difficulty jumping or the logs don't fall down behind me until I have run over maybe six or seven and then they all fall at the same time in line with each other. Not a big deal, but it did kill me a few times unnecessarily. Now I just jump a lot when crossing long log bridges.

The map has been invaluable. Great all around game so far. I really feel the need to help the poor Sacred Tribe eat!

I experience the same glitch on the bridges. It only works when I jump through it all, unless the jumping glitches too. I lose most lives on those bridges. :(

dZ.