IGNORED

Sacred Tribe RESERVATION LIST

retroillucid

I'm just surprised that few people have those issues as no one mentioned this during the beta testing phase

In my experience, some beta testers won't complain about anything for fear of offending the developer or they think its an issue caused their understanding, ability or equipment, so don't pass comment. Either way, not speaking up doesn't help the game's developer. The best kind of beta testers are the ones that are both brutally honest and offer constructive criticism. Its a bonus if they can also offer suggestions on ways to make the "broken" things better. Try to seek out those kinds of people because it makes game testing much more fun. Also try to bring the core beta testers in earlier (when there is a bare bones game to play) and the programmer is still fresh on the project. That way, some critical issues can be resolved sooner.

I hereby declare this game a 2016 release!

:)

I think that's pushing it a little. Shipped in the last two weeks of the year, most people still have not received it. How many people will actually play it in 2016? Are we more concerned about common sense and propriety or pure technicality?

-dZ.

I think that's pushing it a little. Shipped in the last two weeks of the year, most people still have not received it. How many people will actually play it in 2016? Are we more concerned about common sense and propriety or pure technicality?

-dZ.

I think you may be right at this thought but as long as 30 copies have been shipped and played , its a 2016 release.. that's what some people considered a full release to the public as mentioned here before ????.. Which I don't agree with..

But that's my opinion with all that goes on here and really who has the authority to make that call.. .. :)

Even if nobody received it, it's a 2016 release. Once it's in the shippers hands its done. They can't change their mind, no more improvements its done. That's the way it is.

I was thinking more about comparing it against contemporary titles which were released throughout the rest of the year. It seems a bit silly to propose a game as "Best Game of the Year 2016" when you played it for two days if at all throughout that year.

Sometimes it's not really useful to just rely on technicalities.

By the way, I'm curious to know under what authority you claim "that's the way it is," and why is it up to you to declare this? In any case, others can do what they want, I just thought it would be more proper and useful to count this as a 2017 release and give it a full year to shine. Your mileage may vary.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Even if nobody received it, it's a 2016 release. Once it's in the shippers hands its done. They can't change their mind, no more improvements its done. That's the way it is.

Don't forget that magic number 30 (that's to low to call it a full public release) and if it was a full Community public release not just to the chosen ones and behind the scene... ;P

ouch !!!! This may cause some ruffles around here... :) But not meant for that but it is what it is.. and just stating that...

Cheers

• Like 1

I was thinking more about comparing it against contemporary titles which were released throughout the rest of the year. It seems a bit silly to propose a game as "Best Game of the Year 2016" when you played it for two days if at all throughout that year.

Sometimes it's not really useful to just rely on technicalities.

By the way, I'm curious to know under what authority you claim "that's the way it is," and why is it up to you to declare this? In any case, others can do what they want, I just thought it would be more proper and useful to count this as a 2017 release and give it a full year to shine. Your mileage may vary.

-dZ.

You can check with the rest of the software industry. I thought thats how its done. If I'm wrong let me know.

Edit:

You can certainly say that to qualify for a contest it must be released by a date of your choosing.

Edited by mr_me

Back on topic. I have a couple of game-related questions:

• Is the map included an actual layout of the game world? I haven't studied it, but at a glance it looks highly dense, though a bit confusing.
  • Is it considered cheating if I use the included map?
  • Being so large, does the game have a "save point" anywhere in there that I should look forward to?
  • What should I look for when seeking "hidden areas"? Should I plunge blindly into an abyss? Attempt to walk through walls?
  • I think someone mentioned "Easter Eggs." Are these secret codes that must be typed in, or hidden locations (see above)?
  • Any special tips for additional enjoyment?

P.S. On one of my last games last night I found a pineapple which gave me an extra life just when I needed it most, but I still have not seen a single key. Are they just open to view or should I be looking for something specific?

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

You can check with the rest of the software industry. I thought thats how its done. If I'm wrong let me know.

Last I heard, we were not part of the "software industry," but a niche retro-video game community. When was the last time you were represented at a major industry event such as GDC? Should I look for ColectorVision's or Elektronite's booths at E3 2017?

We can go on all day on this. Feel free to post opinion like we all do, but expect your authoritative dictum to be challenged. ;)

-dZ.

• Like 2

Apparently mr_me has the authority! It must be true then! :lol:

Anyway, carry on.

Funny thing here is a lot of people(us/here) think they have the authority to make decisions for what's what around here.. ;) Without really asking the rest of the community or taking a senses on it...

Question is what credential's gives these people the right and authority to make decisions and implement them as a standard for all here...

oh My did I question what goes on here... hope I don't get a scarlet letter on my shirt now..

Discussion's among your peers on issues goes a long way in acceptance... ;) :)

Map is of actual game world minus N hidden rooms.

Didn't need the map after playing the first time. Rooms are easy enough to remember.

No Save points.

Hidden Room hint. Anna Venture (see map) can provide a great hint.

Playing the game with someone makes it even more fun.

• Like 1

Map is of actual game world minus N hidden rooms.

Didn't need the map after playing the first time. Rooms are easy enough to remember.

No Save points.

Hidden Room hint. Anna Venture (see map) can provide a great hint.

Playing the game with someone makes it even more fun.

Thanks! I'm trying to avoid using the map I case it's considered cheating. :)

dZ.

We included a map just in case a player is really lost and can't make any progress

You don't really need a map to finish the game

The 2 secrets rooms are not on the included map, you need to find them

As if its a 2016 or 2017 release, well, I really don't mind honestly

I'll leave it up to you guys

But most (if not all) people who paid received their copy

• Like 2

Back on topic. I have a couple of game-related questions:

• Is the map included an actual layout of the game world? There's many rooms, the map should help you lead you to the end of the game. I haven't studied it, but at a glance it looks highly dense, though a bit confusing.
  • Is it considered cheating if I use the included map? Nope.
  • Being so large, does the game have a "save point" anywhere in there that I should look forward to? Nope, you can pause the game and take a break.
  • What should I look for when seeking "hidden areas"? Should I plunge blindly into an abyss? Nope Attempt to walk through walls? It's a secret. Lenny: Shuddup!!!
  • I think someone mentioned "Easter Eggs." Are these secret codes that must be typed in, or hidden locations (see above)? I don't know. I think they may be secret room to find that reveals the Easter egg.
  • Any special tips for additional enjoyment? Keep playing and memorize the layout. Each direction you take, either have a mini loop or lead you to a key, pineapple or location. Once you get to a new location, the music changes and there's more difficult enemies to dodge.

P.S. On one of my last games last night I found a pineapple which gave me an extra life just when I needed it most, but I still have not seen a single key. Are they just open to view or should I be looking for something specific? Memorize the location of the pineapples, they're important. Mark them on your map. You'll need them for the 2nd area, which have the new music and much more difficult enemies. The keys are out in the open, waiting to be picked up.

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 2

2016 release

Yeah, I thought so

It's like Star Wars Rogue One, I didn't had the chance to see it yet

So it's a 2017 release, right?

Anyway, like I said earlier, I'll leave it up to you guys

Oh, and GOTY or not, I'm still very proud of this game

Cheers and happy new year everyone! :)

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 6