IGNORED

NOT Wanted: Denial Vic-20 Megacart

eightbit

Well, I have come to the realization that getting one of these from the developer is not possible anymore. I pre-ordered one three years ago and have received emails from him randomly over the course of these years either "confirming my address" or letting me know that "it is almost ready". And when I reply to him he never responds. Really strange individual. Anyhow, I am appealing to anyone to owns one of these and would part with it. I have lots of great trade items (especially if you are into Colecovision) but would pay for it as well. Please PM me if you have one. I have been waiting just way way way too long.

Have you tried the Behr-Bonz? You can get one new from the developer. It has 127 VIC carts on one multicart. It is a great option, both more affordable than the MegaCart and most importantly it is actually available for purchase.

Like you, I ordered the MegaCart in 2013 and still haven't a clue if my order will ever be completed. However, I really enjoy the Behr-Bonz and it has been a great purchase in the 16 months that I've owned it. I would recommend the Behr-Bonz and its developer without any hesitation.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip. I guess no website for purchasing this is present? I tried to create an account on Denial but I never get the email confirmation :(

EDIT: I think I found the developer's email and emailed him. I hope I can get one. Thanks for the tip!

Edited by eightbit

Thanks for the tip. I guess no website for purchasing this is present? I tried to create an account on Denial but I never get the email confirmation :(

EDIT: I think I found the developer's email and emailed him. I hope I can get one. Thanks for the tip!

Can you send me the developers email - Denial didnt send me the confirmation email either :(

Well, I have a Behr Bonz cart coming (thanks for the tip akator!) but I would still like a Megacart one day. I should specify that I would *NOT* be willing to pay double what it sells (or sold for) however. The price on this was/is $99 (you can still order it, but obviously the wait time is extreme) but at the same time I won;t get price gouged for it either. That said, I would be willing to spend up to $120 (price of the cart plus $20 since the wait time is horrid) if anyone has one. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received my Behr-Bonz multicart(s) (ordered two, one for myself and one for my brother) and I have to say that they are fantastic and I have to thank akator for the tip. After YEARS of waiting for that damn Mega-Cart (and finally receiving a pretty rude email response from the developer when I inquired regarding the status of it) I gave up and went with a cart that is 1/3 the price and all of the fun. Therefore I have happily re-titled this post title to "NOT wanted" for that overpriced/unobtainable POS! :)

Incidentally if anyone else is looking for a Behr-Bonz Vic-20 multicart PM me and I will pass the developer's email along. He makes them on order, so expect a few weeks lead time. SO well worth it tho!

I bought one of these also and have to say the developer of the Behr-Bonz is a great guy. My Vic 20 doesnt work (found out after getting the cart) - he offered a few tips to resolve and when that didnt work offered to fix my Vic-20 for the cost of parts and shipping!

Hopefully Ill get some Vic-20 love early in the new year but just wanted to give some additional feedback on this offering.

• 5 months later...

I received my Behr-Bonz multicart(s) (ordered two, one for myself and one for my brother) and I have to say that they are fantastic and I have to thank akator for the tip. After YEARS of waiting for that damn Mega-Cart (and finally receiving a pretty rude email response from the developer when I inquired regarding the status of it) I gave up and went with a cart that is 1/3 the price and all of the fun. Therefore I have happily re-titled this post title to "NOT wanted" for that overpriced/unobtainable POS! :)

Incidentally if anyone else is looking for a Behr-Bonz Vic-20 multicart PM me and I will pass the developer's email along. He makes them on order, so expect a few weeks lead time. SO well worth it tho!

WOW! This is good to know. I ordered my Megacart at least 4 years ago... haven't heard from the developer since I emailed him requesting a status update, which was about two years ago. I will look into this Behr- Bonz cart. :) Hopefully I can get one in 2017. ;)

Ordered one the other day, developer contacted me right away and was awesome to deal with. Can't wait to get it.

You are referring to the Behr Bonz? It is a kick ass cart. You will need to obtain a vic cart shell (I think I used a home finance cart) as it comes board only (to cut on the cost) with a reset button that you can either mount to the shell or simply leave hanging out. My brother mounted his and it looks great so I'll be doing that when I have the time.

You are referring to the Behr Bonz? It is a kick ass cart. You will need to obtain a vic cart shell (I think I used a home finance cart) as it comes board only (to cut on the cost) with a reset button that you can either mount to the shell or simply leave hanging out. My brother mounted his and it looks great so I'll be doing that when I have the time.

Yes, the Behr Bonz.

Oh, I didn't know that. Oh well... another project I guess. :)

Does it at least have a footprint for a reset button?

Edited by 7800