IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List

Any word if AtGames is open to having Homebrew authors provide their .BIN files to include on an upcoming game system?

AtGames was bigger on that in the past, but that's slowed down considerably over the past several years. I do pass on interested parties (homebrew authors) to the appropriate individuals at AtGames, but I know there are no real needs for homebrew stuff for the forseeable future, so it's not necessarily something I'd suggest bothering with at this time. If it does come up again, I'll certainly put a query out there.

• Like 1

AtGames was bigger on that in the past, but that's slowed down considerably over the past several years. I do pass on interested parties (homebrew authors) to the appropriate individuals at AtGames, but I know there are no real needs for homebrew stuff for the forseeable future, so it's not necessarily something I'd suggest bothering with at this time. If it does come up again, I'll certainly put a query out there.

I would certainly love to see Another Adventure on a future release, if they are open to it.

• Like 2

Just a heads up, BedBathandBeyond.com has the Atari Portable for $39.99 + Tax, Free Shipping.

If you are a first time customer, you can get a 20% Off Coupon which can be applied to 1 item. This resulted in a final cost (including tax for me in Indiana) of $34.23. That appeared to be the best price I could find. Thought I would share the info.

Just a heads up, BedBathandBeyond.com has the Atari Portable for $39.99 + Tax, Free Shipping.

If you are a first time customer, you can get a 20% Off Coupon which can be applied to 1 item. This resulted in a final cost (including tax for me in Indiana) of $34.23. That appeared to be the best price I could find. Thought I would share the info.

cheap tax .....here it was $35.19 with tax :mad:

Not that I could tell. The little bit I played of it everything looked right.

A friend gifted me with one of these as an early Christmas present - lots of fun, but it's not perfect. The most obvious glitch I've seen (besides the fact that the screen is mounted crooked in the case, which I will fix after the holidays when have more time to disassemble the unit) is that the left-most digit of the score in Asteroids is cutoff once you reach 5 digits. I've seen others comment on this on Facebook so I know it's not just my unit. I've also seen a few other oddities but nothing major.

So yeah, not perfect but still a fun way to kill time, which seems to me to be exactly what they're aimed to do.

• Like 1

Just a heads up if anyone cares, but today Toys R Us has FREE Shipping and they're selling it for $29.99. If you're lucky, and it works out, they do free in store pick up if one has it in your area too. Buying today supposedly guarantees delivery on or before 12/24. I'm ordering one now, that's too much of a sweet spot of a price. Used or New they go more than that on ebay.

• Like 2

and next I want a 7800 flashback handheld

HELL YEAH!!

I just got mine today at Toys R Us for $29.95.

It works great, and I really appreciate the rom zip list!

It appears i have a dead pixel on my screen.

That's gonna drive me crazy. Anybody else have this issue with theirs??

I think if you've got a dead pixel and it bothers you, you might have to return it.

Mine arrived safely in its box and it stayed in its compartment...I mention this only because someone else said theirs got bounced around...

And At First, I thought I saw what could only be described as a "video tear", maybe 10 pixels long or so...(Yes like something you'd see in a VHS tape!)

But when I took off the adhesive screen protector, it totally went away...So I guess it was just that protective plastic causing the illusion of a video tear...

• Like 1

Could someone try these? I read one thread where a bB game didn't render well, so curious whether they would work.

Note: 0.5 exploited a flaw that caused the ball to move randomly, which was neat.

Those are the main ones. But, if you're on a roll, could also try the others:

http://www.oocities.org/fortapocalypse/games.html

Thanks!

• Like 1

Could someone try these? I read one thread where a bB game didn't render well, so curious whether they would work.

Note: 0.5 exploited a flaw that caused the ball to move randomly, which was neat.

Those are the main ones. But, if you're on a roll, could also try the others:

http://www.oocities.org/fortapocalypse/games.html

Thanks!

I will try them for you tonight.

I've tested a ton of ROMs, including a lot of homebrews, so if someone wouldn't mind granting me write access, I can do some updates.

There are some standard ROMs that don't work, but most of their bankswitching conversions DO work, such as:

James Bond 007

Mr. Do's Castle

Q*bert's Qubes

Star Wars: Death Star Battle

Star Wars: Ewoks Adventure

Tooth Protectors

There are more that do work just fine, but those in particular don't work as standard ROMs (actually, all bankswitch conversions worked except for He-Man).

I could not get any version of He-Man to work, although the INTV release is listed as working. If someone actually has a working version of that, can you let me know what it is?

Tapper is listed as working perfect, but every ROM I've tried has the bottom bar table cut off. You can see customers' heads, but not empty glasses, so it has limited playability.

Another thing I did was to add "Spaces" after all names that are shorter than 17 characters. That way, my ROM list only shows the game name and not the extension. Very clean looking. :-)

• Like 1

There are some standard ROMs that don't work, but most of their bankswitching conversions DO work, such as:

James Bond 007

Mr. Do's Castle

Q*bert's Qubes

Star Wars: Death Star Battle

Star Wars: Ewoks Adventure

Tooth Protectors

Those titles have been entered already as such. Thanks for the info!