IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List

Those titles have been entered already as such. Thanks for the info!

You may have missed reading all of my post. Those titles I listed DO work if you use the bankswitch conversions. I just checked the list and the working versions are not mentioned.

You may have missed reading all of my post. Those titles I listed DO work if you use the bankswitch conversions. I just checked the list and the working versions are not mentioned.

Oh my fault......I did miss that part. Do you have altered versions of those games that do work on the portable?

Oh my fault......I did miss that part. Do you have altered versions of those games that do work on the portable?

Here's a zip of all the bankswitch conversions I have. There are a few I've not tested, such as the Megaboy roms, but everything I DID test worked except for He-Man. (I'd still like to know what version of He-Man ROM is actually working, according to the list).

Bankswitch Conversions.zip

Also, the list says that Seaweed Assault works. However, I cannot get that one to load at all. What version of ROM is supposed to be working?

And... Enduro. I've tried a couple different versions, including the version "a" that's supposed to work perfectly, and although it does work, the car count does not show on the screen, so you don't know how many cars you still need to pass.

• Like 1

I've tested a ton of ROMs, including a lot of homebrews, so if someone wouldn't mind granting me write access, I can do some updates.

There are some standard ROMs that don't work, but most of their bankswitching conversions DO work, such as:

Star Wars: Death Star Battle

Another thing I did was to add "Spaces" after all names that are shorter than 17 characters. That way, my ROM list only shows the game name and not the extension. Very clean looking. :-)

Where can you find these "bankswitching conversions?" I am interested in playing the Star Wars Death Star Battle. I thought about adding spaces after the name to clean it up some. Glad to hear it worked!

EDIT: Saw your last post with the conversions. Thank you! :)

Edited by atarifan88

Hey all,

Can someone try Midnight Magic on theirs? For some reason I was thinking it played fine before, but maybe I just checked it quickly and moved on, and now I am getting a graphical glitch. I tried replacing the ROM too, but I'm still seeing a glitch. It seems to play OK, but one of the lanes is missing on the right side and there is some additional garbage at the top of the screen. The ball doesn't seem to be impeded by these glitchy graphics, so I guess it's only a matter of aesthetics...

Thanks!

Hey all,

Can someone try Midnight Magic on theirs? For some reason I was thinking it played fine before, but maybe I just checked it quickly and moved on, and now I am getting a graphical glitch. I tried replacing the ROM too, but I'm still seeing a glitch. It seems to play OK, but one of the lanes is missing on the right side and there is some additional garbage at the top of the screen. The ball doesn't seem to be impeded by these glitchy graphics, so I guess it's only a matter of aesthetics...

Thanks!

same here GoldLeader, garbage on the left side, the right lane missing at the bottom..... but still playable. I made the changes to the Portable Compatibility List.

• Like 1

Hi All-

I downloaded the file on the first page with all the games and extracted them to the SD card. On my PC it shows all the games in the Game folder, but when putting the SD Card into the Portable and then pressing "A" on the SD card menu on the portable it says loading and then it goes back to the SD card menu. I decided to try another SD card and it does the same thing. It is just not reading the SD card at all. It tries, and I get a loading screen but it dumps back to the screen with the big SD on the left side.

Anyone know what may be the issue or is my device just defective?

Thanks for any help.

I was very excited to pick up the Portable today... I used this topic to add ROMs to a Lexar 8GB SD card I also picked up today, which worked great until after I tried Sinistar. The thing just stopped working and the FBP won't even recognize it now. I tried deleting all the files and readding them, but it still doesn't see it. I'm not really sure what to do... any suggestions? Has anyone else had this happen after trying out Sinistar or was that just a coincidence?

I was very excited to pick up the Portable today... I used this topic to add ROMs to a Lexar 8GB SD card I also picked up today, which worked great until after I tried Sinistar. The thing just stopped working and the FBP won't even recognize it now. I tried deleting all the files and readding them, but it still doesn't see it. I'm not really sure what to do... any suggestions? Has anyone else had this happen after trying out Sinistar or was that just a coincidence?

I've played Sinistar with no problems, so my guess there is that it's coincidence...I'd try reformatting the card entirely (If you haven't already) and if that doesn't do it, I'd try a different card...Do the built-in games still work?

I've played Sinistar with no problems, so my guess there is that it's coincidence...I'd try reformatting the card entirely (If you haven't already) and if that doesn't do it, I'd try a different card...Do the built-in games still work?

The pre-programmed games all worked just fine... I did get the system to read the disk again... after a while it did the same thing; just couldn't read it any more. I've never dabbled with ROMs like this before; not sure what if anything I am doing wrong when I put the files onto the SD card.

The pre-programmed games all worked just fine... I did get the system to read the disk again... after a while it did the same thing; just couldn't read it any more. I've never dabbled with ROMs like this before; not sure what if anything I am doing wrong when I put the files onto the SD card.

I'm no expert either, But it seems to me that if it did work, even for a while, then you haven't done anything wrong. That leaves either the card or the Flashback. I hope it's not the latter. I'd start by replacing the card and see if that fixes it.

I tried out some homebrews/hacks/misc.

AsteroidsDC+, astroid2, miniaturegolfplus, pac26, PacmanArcadeEnhanced(NTSC), PacManPlus_Hack, skeleton_homebrew, Space_Invaders_Deluxe: seem okay!

Hack'Em(NTSC)_Hack, MsHack-NTSC: just a few graphical glitches

MrPacMan_Hack: seemed okay, but froze on me at the end of the level

SpaceInvadersDeluxe_Hack: couldn't get past title screen

The two pacman2600 that are known to work have a few graphical glitches, and they're the older versions where Pac-Man moves way too slow horizontally

From the Flashback 2.0:

Lunar Lander, Asteroids Deluxe, and Caverns of Mars: run about the same as in Stella (very flickery)

Arcade Asteroids: seems to run fine!

Pong is too glitchy to play, the ball isn't where it should be.

I've also noticed, that while they are technically playable, Dig Dug and Pole Position have quite a few graphical glitches.

• Like 1

Not entirely off-topic, but MDB_Edit doesn't seem to work on the AFP, unless I'm just doing it wrong.

I also tried this the other day. I'd think there would be a similar ability for the Atari portable, but maybe the DAT file needs to have a different name? I'm hoping someone knows something of this and can give us some info.

• Like 1