nicolaspersijn

Thea Realm Fighters early demo pre-alpha

The video above is not indicative of the state of the game. I flashed it to my Skunkboard and it plays much faster/smoother on a real Jaguar. I don't have any video capture software but if you have a Skunkboard, I recommend that you try it out on that instead of using Virtual Jaguar.

Edited by atariLBC
  • Like 2

This is a what if question for you guys: do you think it's possible to combine the build that nick posted along with the other Alpha that has the other characters into one almost complete build? Just sayin'

Sorry, it's been brought to my attention that this is actually the beta (and most complete) version of the game.

I know that MegaData all things that are TRF under lock and key, can you tell us how did you get your hands on this beta?

Edited by walter_J64bit
  • Like 2

This is a what if question for you guys: do you think it's possible to combine the build that nick posted along with the other Alpha that has the other characters into one almost complete build? Just sayin'

cat TRF1.ROM TRFALPHA.ROM > TRFFINAL.ROM

• Like 7

You do programming yeah? I suspect what we're talking about is where most of us may have started programming / scripting / computing beyond the 16 bit era that wasn't in a Windows or Mac environment... ;)

post-31639-0-93254800-1479266961_thumb.png

• Like 3

I completely forgot I had these behind-the-scenes shots. I got these when I invited HMS to join me at CGE in Vegas once a long time ago. Enjoy!

post-535-0-47026700-1479268046_thumb.gif

post-535-0-29541200-1479268048_thumb.png

post-535-0-62269800-1479268049_thumb.gif

post-535-0-23127500-1479268053_thumb.gif

post-535-0-40268500-1479268054_thumb.gif

post-535-0-51544200-1479268055_thumb.gif

post-535-0-88935800-1479268056_thumb.gif

post-535-0-05219400-1479268058_thumb.gif

post-535-0-22152900-1479268059_thumb.gif

• Like 12

cat TRF1.ROM TRFALPHA.ROM > TRFFINAL.ROM

I've translated it to its DOS equivalent for those who do not use a Unix like system:

COPY TRF1.ROM /B + TRFALPHA.ROM /B TRFFINAL.ROM /B

• Like 2

It's pretty cool to see the binary available.

That said, it's probably good the game was never finished.

• Like 2

Is there a link to this TRFALPHA.ROM ?

I completely forgot I had these behind-the-scenes shots. I got these when I invited HMS to join me at CGE in Vegas once a long time ago. Enjoy!

Do you know the names of the ninja girl and the other girl with the crown with the purple dress?
  • Like 1

Do you know the names of the ninja girl and the other girl with the crown with the purple dress?

Not. Creepy. At. All.

• Like 8

Wtf are yall talking about? Like seriously. I guess its a joke I don't get. Im lost

He's making fun of you. He's saying that all you need to do is combine the two roms into one file using the CAT command (conCATenate) and you'll have your combined 'final' rom. Obviously this isn't what you meant, you wanted to know how to integrate the two version together which is going to be nearly impossible without reprogramming the thing from scratch.

He's making fun of you. He's saying that all you need to do is combine the two roms into one file using the CAT command (conCATenate) and you'll have your combined 'final' rom. Obviously this isn't what you meant, you wanted to know how to integrate the two version together which is going to be nearly impossible without reprogramming the thing from scratch.

I figured that out already but thanks! Anyway it wasn't me inquiring about this it was somebody else. (I could care less about this game) I figured cat was some sort of command I wasn't familiar with that is why I asked him what is cat? Then af0l sent me a wiki link to the species cat. That was kind of funny and it made me smile but I wasn't bored enough to read any wiki articles but maybe I will later just for the hell of it.

Then there was the comment man man and I don't even want to know what that was about......

• Like 1