IGNORED

Rebooteroids Now Available

Albert

What I found is it defaults back to dpad between games. You have to go back to game options and move the rotator to return to rotation mode. Seems like a bu

I just tested this:

The menu auto-detects a spinner if you turn it. After game over when it goes back to the menu it defaults to JPAD, as soon as you turn the spinner it goes back to ROTA. The pre-selected trim and turn rates are maintained.

• Like 2

Just got home to find these :)

post-2188-0-50280700-1481332811_thumb.png

I'm blown away by the quality of the box, box art and manual. Full color and is what original releases should've been all along.

Wow.

About to tear (gently) into one of these and play all night.

Thank you Cyrano J for making this game a reality and Al for all the work and extras in the package, also for marking which one was the gray shell. This is a great day. :thumbsup:

Edit:

*rips DOOM out of Jag and flings it across the room*

These new boards are amazing. Pressed the power button and it started on the first try. Was expecting to spend the first 3 minutes adjusting the seating of the cart so it'd 'catch' but it worked instantly :-o Haven't experienced that in 15 years..

• Like 6

Edit:

*rips DOOM out of Jag and flings it across the room*

These new boards are amazing. Pressed the power button and it started on the first try. Was expecting to spend the first 3 minutes adjusting the seating of the cart so it'd 'catch' but it worked instantly :-o Haven't experienced that in 15 years..

Really? In all the years of playing Jag I only have one game with this problem and it is Ruiner Pinball. Even then it just glitches in certain ways if not inserted correctly. Other than that all of my carts work on all of my units first try.

Really? In all the years of playing Jag I only have one game with this problem and it is Ruiner Pinball. Even then it just glitches in certain ways if not inserted correctly. Other than that all of my carts work on all of my units first try.

Yeah, all my Jags apparently have unique seating requirements.. In the one I use the most I have to fully insert the cart then pull slightly up on the left side to make it work. That's after 432 attempts at getting it juuust right. All the way in never worked. I won't even take Skunkboards out of other units bc it's so irritating getting them to work again in a reasonable amount of time.

Just got home to find these :)

attachicon.gifreboo.png

I'm blown away by the quality of the box, box art and manual. Full color and is what original releases should've been all along.

Wow.

About to tear (gently) into one of these and play all night.

Thank you Cyrano J for making this game a reality and Al for all the work and extras in the package, also for marking which one was the gray shell. This is a great day. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the pictures so I don't have to! Packaging is amazing!

Mine showed up today as well!

Albert, why did you have to seal the bag with that Jaguar sticker, now my ridiculous collector side is saying "Don't open that!" :)

• Like 1

Albert, why did you have to seal the bag with that Jaguar sticker, now my ridiculous collector side is saying "Don't open that!" :)

It is technically a "removable" sticker, although in practice I'm not sure how well that works. It can certainly be removed without damaging the bag, though.

..Al

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the pictures so I don't have to! Packaging is amazing!

Mine showed up today as well!

I first tried fitting the bag in with my protector box.. then it ended up in a binder sleeve with all the other odds and ends hehe

Well Al you did it now. You shipped my Rebooteroids order and an order my wife apparently placed at the same time. Both boxes look the same. I don't get to look in either one until Christmas. Look I know what she got me. CJ gets all of my Jag cash this holiday. I don't know why we have to play this game but we do. Two more weeks. I suppose it serves to build the suspense.

Edited by Hyper_Eye
  • Like 2

Well Al you did it now. You shipped my Rebooteroids order and an order my wife apparently placed at the same time. Both boxes look the same. I don't get to look in either one until Christmas. Look I know what she got me. CJ gets all of my Jag cash this holiday. I don't know why we have to play this game but we do. Two more weeks. I suppose it serves to build the suspense.

That's evil! (But thank you!)

• Like 1

Should be really obvious as to which is which since the one from AA will have an AtariAge sticker on the box somewhere with the return address info?

Should be really obvious as to which is which since the one from AA will have an AtariAge sticker on the box somewhere with the return address info?

They are both from AA. She happened to order me a Christmas present from the AA store right when Al started shipping Rebooteroids. So one is Rebooteroids and the other is the present. Yes she can open them and give me Rebooteroids but this was a compromise since she was a little irked I saw the second box. It's not a big deal really. I'm still flapping through pipes at the moment anyway. I'll have the contents of both those boxes and I'll be enjoying them with my rotary controller in no time.

• Like 1

I can tell you which is which by the tracking numbers on the outside of the packages. :)

..Al

I definitely didn't intend to derail the thread. No worries really. I'm going to let her wrap it and put it under the tree. Then the kids can watch me open it. I'll act surprised. It's all in good fun.

• Like 2

No worries really. I'm going to let her wrap it and put it under the tree. Then the kids can watch me open it. I'll act surprised. It's all in good fun.

what a wife you got, and what a man she got - you made me cry, honest!

marry christmass to you all!

(I'm playing Defender 2k at the moment, Custodian is set for january, and reeboot is set for february, happy times!)

Just got mine from the P.O. Box today. It's one of the most professionally produced post-JTS releases out there. Easily on par with Songbird. Very high quality box, cart and manual - though the top corners of a few pages look cut/torn. I loved the added touch of the Jaguar sticker and buttons and it's always nice to have one more AA magnet for the fridge.

Onto gameplay - I'm down with a cold but spent about an hour with the game before my head started swimming. It's definitely a fun take on the classic Asteroids formula and is very polished. The control is surperb and gameplay is what you'd expect. The in-game music is awesome. If you like Asteroids-style games, I have little doubt that this will become your preferred way to play. I can't wait to spend more time playing it after I kick this cold. Rebooteroids is definitely not one for the shelf!

Thanks and congratulations to CJ, Al and everyone else involved on what is probably the best Reboot release to date!

post-26371-0-07589700-1481414917_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

I see we already have some challengers for Global Domination.

:-D

I'm creeping up. Love levels 16 and 22, especially when I forget they are next :P

Level 36 is a beast :-o Once they start busting into pieces it's a full thrust, no camping, fire button unreleased, high intensity, nerve wracking, blastfest that doesn't end well :thumbsup:

One of my favorite occurrences that seems to happen repeatedly bc I fire at the first asteroid I see, instinctively:

Chick voice says; "Bonus wave approaching.."

*4 seconds later*

Chick voice says;"Bonus failed"

D'oh! :mad:

2x multipliers are a must. I'll stop firing completely until I zoom around and pick it up. Even if there's only one fragment left. Gotta have those points.

This might have been asked/answered before but is a multiplier replaced if you pick up a twin shot or rear shot after? Been trying to watch my score to find out but can't look away from the action.

Edit: Oops, x2 appears to be double damage and the multipliers just happen. My bad.

• Like 1

Edit: Oops, x2 appears to be double damage and the multipliers just happen. My bad.

The multipliers build for killings 'roids quickly. Keep killing and they build. Take a break, and they reset.

It counterbalances leaving the last few 'roids on the screen and then building up speed to turn green for the kill.

The multipliers build for killings 'roids quickly. Keep killing and they build. Take a break, and they reset.

It counterbalances leaving the last few 'roids on the screen and then building up speed to turn green for the kill.

I was just getting a hint of the speed destroying roids and the multipliers. Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1