IGNORED

Rebooteroids Now Available

Albert

OK, I put a pathetic score into Skirmish table. It will not stand. I shall beat it tomorrow night!

Me too! Haha.

I had a friend over this weekend and we played two player arcade and skirmish.. Should have thought to put those scores up and snagged #1 spot. I didn't even realize the new site and score table was up. Looks sharp!

And just like that my 2nd place reign in Single Arcade is over :thumbsup: Trying to make it through wave 36 with some lives intact.

Played so much yesterday when I closed my eyes all I could see were asteroids. First game this morning, couldn't get 10000 pts :twisted:

I just tested this:

The menu auto-detects a spinner if you turn it. After game over when it goes back to the menu it defaults to JPAD, as soon as you turn the spinner it goes back to ROTA. The pre-selected trim and turn rates are maintained.

Which is weird because for my spinner it doesn't always work that way. I've moved with the spinner through the menu and sometimes the JPAD doesn't change. It takes a little bit of moving around and selecting things in the menus to get it to change. It's not always instant and automatic at least for my spinner. Even if I'm spinning through the menus it stays as JPAD but does eventually change. I've never had a problem with Tempest.

If anyone who's received the game could take the time to write a review in the store, that would be hugely appreciated!

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1070

You can click on the "Reviews" tab to leave a review.

Thanks!

..Al

I may not ever be first on arcade high score, but i'll always be the first review! lol

• Like 2

Which is weird because for my spinner it doesn't always work that way. I've moved with the spinner through the menu and sometimes the JPAD doesn't change. It takes a little bit of moving around and selecting things in the menus to get it to change. It's not always instant and automatic at least for my spinner. Even if I'm spinning through the menus it stays as JPAD but does eventually change. I've never had a problem with Tempest.

When the menu detects the spinner is in LEFT+RIGHT input mode (rotaries emulate DPAD inputs, it isn't analogue) it switches to ROTA.

• Like 1

Oh my, Kombateroids is a hilarious blast! My son got over excited and was screaming "you suck!" thru the whole battle.He was rolling on the floor by the end of the game....too much fun!!!

Good times! You got yourself a big league winner!!!! Thanks for such a fun game!

btw, my son is 12yrs old, so the game definitely appeals to old and young!

Edited by Machine
  • Like 6

I've been playing it for a while now and I've got to say it is well crafted game made with love. It really feels like the arcade game Asteroids had a love child with Tempest 2000. I love the vector style and the different shapes. I only wish there were more shapes to blow up. Maybe there is? I've only gotten to level 17. The game is best played in a dark room to get the full psychedelic feeling of all the eye candy. The only thing I would add are more UFOs and an option to have the asteroids bounce off and break up when they hit each other. I think it would be more chaotic that way. The music is a special treat. It has some great techno to turn up. It is best to crank up the music an FX options in the menu. The rotation controller is the best way to play the game. It's almost like cheating because of how fast you can turn around a blast incoming objects. The bonus levels so far are simple but I keep forgetting to hold my fire when they come up. They are a welcome treat that adds another dimension to the game. The game includes a number of utilities for running home brew. I haven't tried any of these yet. The manual and box are first class as you would expect from AtariAge. It's like opening a new Jaguar game back in the 90's. Fantastic job to everyone involved in the creation of this game. When can we expect Rebooteroids Deluxe?

• Like 8

Well I moved this to a big tube tv(took it off my Plasma) and it looks great. I ended up moving a lot of the retro systems to the big tube tv, they look nice. I was not getting the cool background on the Plasma TV. Now it looks amazing. I am hooked on this game.

Power ups that reduce your opponents firing range would be cool in Kombateroids. Maybe in the updated version in 2020? ;)

Love this game!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I'm absolutely gutted that having spent more on both versions of Rebooteroids, I had to then give £14.46 to customs/Royal Mail. Dead money. Not only this but I had to queue up for half an hour in the Christmas rush for the privilege. Still, I got my own back by paying the whole lot in loose change.

Both packages look wonderful with a, so far, only small criticism that the text on the back of the box is quite small and hard to read.

Now to fire them up...

I'm absolutely gutted that having spent more on both versions of Rebooteroids, I had to then give £14.46 to customs/Royal Mail. Dead money. Not only this but I had to queue up for half an hour in the Christmas rush for the privilege. Still, I got my own back by paying the whole lot in loose change.

Both packages look wonderful with a, so far, only small criticism that the text on the back of the box is quite small and hard to read.

Now to fire them up...

Zoiks! Hope mine makes it to Sunny Sussex without the intervention of 'er Maj's Revenue & Customs.
  • Like 1

So is this going to be a limited release? Like if I can't really justify buying this right now will I be screwed? Or do you plan to continue making carts after this first run?

I'm pleased to be able to say that there hasn't been a first 'run' of this game. It is in the AtariAge store, and will remain in the AtariAge store, for as long as the AtariAge store exists :)

• Like 5