IGNORED

MPEG CART, DIMENSION X, FLASH CART, DOOM++ and SPEEDSTER II

Willard

MPEG CART

-Whatever happened to the MPEG cart? Was it ever finished? Can I somehow obtain one?

DIMENSION X

-It would seem as if there is an underground community that sells unreleased items, hence my interest in the MPEG cart, and programs for the jaguar. Is this a real organization, and how do I purchase stuff from them?

FLASH CART

-I see that there is a flash cart under production, and I don't want to go through the FAQ to discover more about it. Is there a place to purchase it, and is it easy for someone with no programming capabilites, besides putting games on a GP32 and burning Dreamcast/Playstation games, and writing VCD's to put a game on the flash card? How much does it cost? Where can I find the ROM's to use on it?

DOOM++

-Whatever happened to DOOM++? Is the project still underway, and how much longer will it take?

SKYCOPTER VS SPEEDSTER II

-Which is better, skycopter or speedster II? I've never read a review for skycopter, so, does anybody know what to do in it?

1) Yes, there are apparently one or two (possibly more?) prototypes owned by people, good luck getting a hold of one...

2) Never heard of such a "group."

3)It's not available yet.

4) It MAY be under development, it's been planned for a long time by Songbird Productions. The source code to Doom was recently released by ID&Songbird, maybe some day something like this will still surface.

5) Can't help you here except that they are simple childrens games, mainly only of interest to diehard collectors, and not even all of them (I know, I'm one, and I've not the slightest interest in either on at this time). They are presumably available for purchase from Carasel Entertainment(?). Do a Google search I would venture to guess...

MPEG CART

-Whatever happened to the MPEG cart? Was it ever finished? Can I somehow obtain one?  

DIMENSION X

-It would seem as if there is an underground community that sells unreleased items, hence my interest in the MPEG cart, and programs for the jaguar. Is this a real organization, and how do I purchase stuff from them?

FLASH CART

-I see that there is a flash cart under production, and I don't want to go through the FAQ to discover more about it. Is there a place to purchase it, and is it easy for someone with no programming capabilites, besides putting games on a GP32 and burning Dreamcast/Playstation games, and writing VCD's to put a game on the flash card? How much does it cost? Where can I find the ROM's to use on it?

DOOM++

-Whatever happened to DOOM++? Is the project still underway, and how much longer will it take?

SKYCOPTER VS SPEEDSTER II

-Which is better, skycopter or speedster II? I've never read a review for skycopter, so, does anybody know what to do in it?

1. Glenn Bruner is the only one I'm aware of that has the MPEG cart, if you know who else does, lemme know I'll work on adding it to my collection. :)

2. Very secret organization, how did you hear about them?

3. As Gunstar already said, these aren't available yet, however the original Flash's appear on e-bay sometimes. They are VERY easy to use.

4. Ask Carl

5. I own both (actually 2 diff versions of each), neither one is very good, but I actually enjoy Speedster a little more.

Jason

I can't post what I know about dimension X, and I don't know if what i know is actually true. To very briefly outline what i know, its supposedly an organization of all jaguar coders who keep secret so frauds don't nag about release dates so the coders can work pressureless. I also know that they have obtained almost all, or all unreleased jaguar accessories/games. Wish i could join, then my days of searching for protos would be over!

Anyways, in skycopter, can you actually interact with the environment? Imean shoot a bullet or two?

I can't post what I know about dimension X, and I don't know if what i know is actually true. To very briefly outline what i know, its supposedly an organization of all jaguar coders who keep secret so frauds don't nag about release dates so the coders can work pressureless. I also know that they have obtained almost all, or all unreleased jaguar accessories/games. Wish i could join, then my days of searching for protos would be over!

You've been had by JustClaws's cunning plan ;)

Dimension X is a fictitious parallel dimension in which Atari didn't die, and the Jag got the respect it deserved. The fact that this didn't happen (and the HUGE banners saying 'Dimension X does not exist!!!') should be quite a clue to you that it doesn't exist.

Sorry ;)

:D

Stone

awe christ, i was hoping that dimension X really did/does exist. I've heard alot of rumours about it, and it sounded quite real :? Oh well, there goes my other hopeful source of obtaining some protos :( (the only reason i even cared much about it!)

DOOM++

hmm when you did read http://www.atariage.com a few days back you have seen that Carl has released the source code of DOOM because the DOOM ++ version was never finished nor even started with alot of progress...

Feel free to re-write the source to DOOM ++

:D

Hello,

awe christ, i was hoping that dimension X really did/does exist. I've heard alot of rumours about it, and it sounded quite real :?  Oh well, there goes my other hopeful source of obtaining some protos :(  (the only reason i even cared much about it!)

Well Dimension X does exist if you believe hard enough.

Like Narnia, and Peter Pan. :-)

For now, just visit http://justclaws.atari.org/altatari/

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hello,

awe christ, i was hoping that dimension X really did/does exist. I've heard alot of rumours about it, and it sounded quite real :?  Oh well, there goes my other hopeful source of obtaining some protos :(  (the only reason i even cared much about it!)

Well Dimension X does exist if you believe hard enough.

Like Narnia, and Peter Pan. :-)

For now, just visit http://justclaws.atari.org/altatari/

Cheers,

JustClaws.

:D It's good to keep dream alive, from time to time ;)

This M-PEG cart, Why doesn't it work? What does it look like? :)

I don't think any of the firmware was written for it. It looks like a normal Jag cart PCB, with a huge square chip in the middle (the MPEG decoder) and a load of supporting circuitry. I think it also had an EPROM to hold the firmware, just like the Memory Track.

The person to ask is Glenn, I think he had some pics up at some point as well :)

Stone

This M-PEG cart, Why doesn't it work? What does it look like? :)

Jaguar has enough power to do some things that other consoles at that time weren't really capable of. A good example might be Commodore CD32 (CD32 was in fact Amiga 1200 with CD, additional memory 1 or 4 - can't remember - kb memory put into a new shape under a new name) which also had MPEG cart available, but comparing to Atari products this was real and it worked. You can even buy movies for it.

Cheers

Archived