IGNORED

Happy 15th Anniversary Halo!

GemWare Games

Today 15 years ago, Halo Combat Evolved was put out on the market. Halo Combat Evolved would go on to sell millions. Then, Halo 2 was released. Halo 2 introduced new concepts and stories, and would go on to sell more. It would also be the most played game on Xbox Live, a record held for a few years. Halo 3 was then released, and would become a bestseller. It's compelling storyline, music, and gameplay would win it a lot of awards. Halo Reach was released, and would feature old concepts, but new graphics. Halo 4 was released, and still sold millions. Halo 5 Guardians would then be released, and would feature a double storyline, and new features. This day, in the midst of the near Halo Wars 2 release, and Halo 6 speculations, we celebrate an award winning, best selling, and (arguably) best game in history. Happy 15th Anniversary Halo, and may you live on forever!

• Like 1

Happy Birthday XBox

I was there for the midnight launch in my area for Project Gotham,Halo, and Munch's Oddysee.

I Especially remember later buying some gems like Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb,

Wreckless, Rallysport 1-2, Buffy The Vampire Slayer,Enclave,Amped, and going crazy over all the Sega support in those early days(I'm an oldschool Sega guy at heart.)

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

Wow that was cold. You may hate it, but the tens of millions players sure don't. Have fun in your hatred alone.

You know what's cold? Microsoft force-feeding us a stale franchise that should have died a long time ago.

Seriously though, I don't hate Halo at all. The original in particular is one of my favorite first person shooters of all time. I've picked up every release at launch and have finished them all.

That said, I feel the series is long in the tooth. The story is beyond convoluted and I'd rather see Microsoft come up with something new. Of course, that's not going to happen. It's safer to milk something like Halo Capcom-style than it is to take a risk on something original.

But, whatever. Happy Birthday, Halo.

Halo CE really changed FPS games on consoles. Halo 2 online multiplayer defined online gaming for consoles. Halo 3 was awesome. Reach was awesome. 4 was really good. 5 was the complete shitting all over the Halo franchise. All of the work Bungie did for years, and 343 managed to fuck it up with 1 game. Looking back, you saw hints of destroying the series in 4, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it ended up. And we can't forget the Master Chief collection, and what a clusterfuck that was. 343 has proven that not only can they fuck anything up, they can fuck it up so it may not ever work correctly, and with no concern at all, they move on to the next game to fuck shit up even more!

After 5, I will bargain bin any future Halo games as long as 343 is at the helm in their current state. At least Bungie provided 4 pretty much perfect games to play for many years to come.

Edited by Starscream
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was late to jumping on the Halo bandwagon. I think the first Halo game I played was Halo 3 and I was blown away by how fun it was. I've played every Halo game now (including Halo Wars) except Halo 5, and have enjoyed each and every one. (Including Halo Wars) Halo 5 came in the mail today. Amazon was selling the $250 collector's edition for $50, and I'm a sucker for collectors editions. I don't have high hopes for the game itself after seeing Starscreams "review" At least I got some good Halo swag!! LOL

Halo-5-Guardians-Limited-Collectors-Edit

I was a late adopter to the OG Xbox. I think I got mine around 2004, and I won it in a contest at work. I had heard all about how good Halo was, but I was a Sony fanboy at the time and had no plans on buying an Xbox. After I won the big ol' beast, I went immediately to the store to get Halo. I was expecting it to be over-hyped.

I was wrong.

Halo was GREAT! It felt very polished compared to a lot of other games of its time, and the simplicity of the game and the story sucked me in. I eventually bought 2,3,4, and Reach, but I've only ever played all the way through 3.

A couple weeks ago, I picked up a XB1, and last week, I snagged Halo: Anniversary. I started playing it on Saturday, right from the beginning. If you like Halo, you have to get this, as it has 1-4 and the first two are "remastered" versions with new graphics and 60fps gameplay. The ability to toggle back and forth from the original graphics and the new ones is really cool, too.

• Like 1

I was late to jumping on the Halo bandwagon. I think the first Halo game I played was Halo 3 and I was blown away by how fun it was. I've played every Halo game now (including Halo Wars) except Halo 5, and have enjoyed each and every one. (Including Halo Wars) Halo 5 came in the mail today. Amazon was selling the $250 collector's edition for $50, and I'm a sucker for collectors editions. I don't have high hopes for the game itself after seeing Starscreams "review" At least I got some good Halo swag!! LOL

Halo-5-Guardians-Limited-Collectors-Edit

Remember how much fun we used to have with breakpack online? Halo 5 is completely not that :-D

Even the single player story mode is worthless. But, try it out, you may like it. As a note, it is the worst selling game in the whole Halo series and for good reason. You did great on the CE though, that is awesome!!

Got my original Xbox and Halo, like most, on Christmas day 2001. That final driving stage at the end of the game... Did any of you have frame rate issues with that stage? I was thinking I had a lemon console because that stage stuttered and dropped FPS like mad screwing the gameplay up. Just curious. The rest of the game ran fine. The constant explosion and smoke effects in that stage is what it seemed to really struggle with.

Edited by LiqMat