IGNORED

pong-picture-page is dead?

Ethaniel

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on this? I used to browse pong-picture-page quite often, and it would be a shame if all the info in there would just be lost.

On a relate note, anyone knows if old-computers.com is still mantained? It works, but the latest updates according to the "news" page is dated 7/9/2011, and the forum seems to be dead. That site also contains good info about old consoles and pong systems and I hope it's not going to disappear too...

Well, Old-Computers' Facebook account seems updated daily, just not the website.

Edit: Actually they posted this on November 18:

Some of you may not know but this FB page is related to the www.old-computers.com website which was one of the earliest (1995) and most important ressource about old computers on the internet.
The website is now a bit outdated and we are loooking for motivated volounteers/fans willing to helps us develop a new and modern version of the website, so this precursor project (we were here long before wikipedia) can still be online in the following years for generations to come :-)

Good programming, database and design skills of course required. May be a team project if different people interested. All we can offer is to share the potential incomes of the new version (might be not much) with the people who helped.
If interested, please contact us.

Edited by carlsson

• 1 year later...

I found this message regarding the Pong Picture Page posted on January 10, 2018:

Adrian sold his entire collection and basically got out of video games. He then took down his website. I have thought about asking him if he would mind if someone else could host it. I need to look into this.

http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/pg70-1292_vc4000.htm

Are some of those people discussing over there present here at AA as well? DP? In any case, if it is true that is a sad thing that once you sell your collection, your online resource is also brought down.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately Adrian's website had a few issues with the hosting service.

This wasnt the first time it happened.

A few years ago hist hosting services required him to update a few chunks of the website software, to make it compatible with the "new web server".

I helped him with that task and was able to make the website up and running again.

A couple of years ago he encountered the same issue again, but unfortunately I was unable to assist him

So he was given the opportunity to relocate the website to another server, and he did so.

That worked for some time, but then eventually it went offline again.

He offered me to be the new owner but sadly I do not have the time for that so I dropped his offer.

I am not sure what his intentions are.

As far as his collection, I am not entirely sure that he has sold all of it. Definitely he sold some of it, but as per 2016, he still had most of the items.

hi,

the old version is dead, we have the data, but its impossible to bring it online with current php versions, cause its millions of years old. but the good news, i (bernd) and adrian, we are working on a relaunch at the moment. the backend is 99% finished, i will import the old data, and adrian will update it. and than i have to develop the frontend and we are online again. but its just a hobby, so it will take a few more months i guess.

• Like 6

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...