IGNORED

Germany plans biggest video game collection worldwide

Thomas Jentzsch

Well I hope they will fail and fail badly.

This is the Berlin "museum" who thinks it's OK to butcher original arcade machines and put MAME hardware and LCD's in them.

This is like a car museum ripping out the interior of their cars and replacing the original engines with a hybrid-engine just to keep them running......

AVOID AT ALL COST !

Read about it here:

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=2458.msg30760#msg30760

Edited by Level42

The original article explains (in German) that the collection of the museum we both dislike will only be a part of the new museum.

So fingers crossed that the new museum will handle its collection with more care.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1

Also I would not criticize the Berlin Computerspiele museum too much.

While there are many things and decisions questionable, it is obviously very hard to run such a museum at all.

Costs are a major issue I assume, otherwise we would see MANY more of those.

If the decision is: MAME arcade to at least show how it was like vs NO arcade, then I think they made the right call.

It's not like someone WANTED it like this.

Yeah I'm all for it in the end, it can only be a good thing. But does Germany know enough about video games? They killed the arcades (Karlsruhe has a great arcade museum, telling the story how things were)

I always wanted to go to the berlin computerspiele museum, went to the Ramones museum instead, that was great.

John Cleese in Faulty Towers: Don't mention the war. Political? Classic.

https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A9mSs2D00DJYOWcAw0BLBQx.;_ylc=X1MDMjExNDcxNzAwMwRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LWZwLUdCLWVuLUdCLWRlZgRncHJpZANvemZfOURCZFQ0dVdWUzF6RkVwaG5BBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3VnZwMzBG9yaWdpbgN1ay5zZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzQzBHF1ZXJ5A2pvaG4lMjBjbGVlc2UlMjBkb24ndCUyMG1lbnRpb24lMjB0aGUlMjB3YXIEdF9zdG1wAzE0Nzk3MjU0NzQ-?p=john+cleese+don%27t+mention+the+war&fr2=sb-top-uk.search&fr=yfp-t-fp-GB-en-GB-def

Edited by high voltage

I always wanted to go to the berlin computerspiele museum, went to the Ramones museum instead, that was great.

Good decision, the Computerspiele Museum is crap. In the texts are many errors.

They should have concentrate more on german video game history. There are some quite interesting facts about german arcade games, especially from GDR.