IGNORED

ColecoVision H.E.R.O

Atari8bitCarts

As cool as this looks I think I'm going to have to resort to getting an FC to play this. If I had the kind of cash it looks like this is worth I'd be buying another console or FC. :P

Last one went on ebay for $33, so it is not worth a million dollars :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERO-Colecovision-Game-CIB-COMPLETE-/112165711396?hash=item1a1d98ee24%3Ag%3AF8MAAOSwpLNX~wx9&nma=true&si=eZE0wR9%252BqOWKqSFfzFrleKD3HDw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

For that price all you'd be able to get would be a CV flashback :)

Edited by eightbit

No, it was listed as "HERO Colecovision Game CIB COMPLETE" :) Past auctions are always between $27-$35. There was one auction recently that went for something ridiculous (like over $200) but that was obviously manufactured to drive up the price and make people believe it is worth that much.

Edited by eightbit

I sold a sealed one about a year ago for $10 :?

Roger

Now I see them loose for around $10, boxed complete for again between $27-$35 usually....maybe less if the box condition is poor or the manual is missing. I can get it loose locally for $10, but I thought it would be cool to have a boxed colecovision game (other than my homebrew CV games of course). If I can get it here for the price it usually sells for I will....just because I have made a vow to myself to stay away from ebay for Colecovision games :)

Edited by eightbit

I meant the one that Atari8bitCarts bought ;)

Yes, I did purchase it as an A8 cart. When received I contacted the seller, and they were sorry and told me to keep it.

I've been around the block and all the low offers is getting old. Everyone trying to get something as cheap as possible.

I'm selling it to give the money back to the seller.

The BS about being $10 is only making me regret more posting it here.

There isn't one CIB on eBay.

If you have a link of one on eBay now, by all means post it.

Last one went on ebay for $33, so it is not worth a million dollars :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERO-Colecovision-Game-CIB-COMPLETE-/112165711396?hash=item1a1d98ee24%3Ag%3AF8MAAOSwpLNX~wx9&nma=true&si=eZE0wR9%252BqOWKqSFfzFrleKD3HDw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

For that price all you'd be able to get would be a CV flashback :)

I was looking on ebay and it looked like 33 was the going for loose so I was thinking for comp fair would be like 50-100.
Even still with holidays I think the best I could offer was 15 which I know isn't fair.
Edited by stephini

I offered $30 (which I believe is roughly around the average going rate as per past auctions I have seen), waiting for some kind of response or counter offer and didn't get a response at all. Oh well.

If you think the "low offers" are getting old (that was pretty insulting by the way) here's an idea:

Post your sale with a PRICE. It really gets me when people post something with "make an offer" and complain that the offers are too low. If you already have a price in mind just price it and be done with it instead of having people wonder what you are looking for, make an offer and then be insulted by you afterward. I wouldn't take it now for any amount. Good luck with it.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

I offered $30 (which I believe is roughly around the average going rate as per past auctions I have seen), waiting for some kind of response or counter offer and didn't get a response at all. Oh well.

If you think the "low offers" are getting old (that was pretty insulting by the way) here's an idea:

Post your sale with a PRICE. It really gets me when people post something with "make an offer" and complain that the offers are too low. If you already have a price in mind just price it and be done with it instead of having people wonder what you are looking for, make an offer and then be insulted by you afterward. I wouldn't take it now for any amount. Good luck with it.

It really gets me when someone obliviously wants it (since they keep responding) but also in the same breath states it isn't worth much and should sale to them.

The old "what you have isn't worth much, and I can find one anywhere, but I'll take it off your hands since I'm a good guy for .." That shit still cracks me up after all these years...

I don't blame you for trying, but don't get pissed when I call you on it :)

Again, show me one on eBay currently, that is the first sign whether or not it's common.

If someone wants it for $50, then let me know.

Thank you.

I am not responding because "I want it". My responses have now been purely to try to help you understand what had happened here and hopefully you can take some advice with you from someone who has been buying and selling for a very very long time:

You initially asked for offers and then you became agitated when the offers (not just mine apparently) didn't meet your hidden price point. I personally thought I was offering a fair price by simply measuring it against the very last complete boxed auction sale (which was exactly one month ago on ebay). I never debated the fact that this is not common (although I would not go so far as to say this game is out of reach...Activision made more than a few!) and just because there aren't many on ebay NOW is irrelevant. The relevant part is what they go for when they ARE on ebay.

Personally I hate having to use ebay as a measuring tool for pricing but when you do not price your sale and you simply want "offers" you give a potential buyer no choice but to use ebay to gauge the price point. I mean, where else these days can you get an average measurement of price? That is of course provided the person measuring is using ebay's search features properly. I'm sure you have seen people that say "This goes for $XXX dollars!" while in reality they are looking at asking prices and not actual sold prices. I did it the right way and apparently you decided to insult me for a "low ball" offer.

The sad part of it all is that if you had simply counter offered your price point I might have agreed simply because I try to avoid ebay and would rather purchase from an AA collector. You seriously caused all of this muss because you secretly wanted to get an additional twenty bucks over what I had offered? I have a lot of skills but mind reading is not one of them. Why didn't you just say that in the first place? How on Earth am I supposed to know that?

When you ask for offers and receive an offer you do not like the obvious next step is to counter-offer. Receiving an offer and simply insulting the person making the offer is an extremely poor sales move (not to mention it does not help your image all that much). Next time either do it right if you are using the "offer method" or add a price if you don't want to go that route.

I usually completely avoid sale threads that ask to "make an offer" and this is precisely why folks. I broke that rule because I wanted to play some H.E.R.O. but I guess I'll just play something else for the time being :)

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...