IGNORED

Replacement drive belt for SF354?

RSwipeCA

Hi all.

I recently acquired a great condition 520ST setup. It came with a SF354 external floppy drive. The previous owner said there was a problem with the drive, so I opened it up to take a look. The drive responds to a disk when its inserted and tries to spin up, but there is no belt connecting the motor to the disc drive mechanism flywheel. I am guessing that the belt fell off and somebody removed it from the case.

What's the chances of getting a replacement belt for this drive? I've searched on the net but it doesn't look too promising. Alternatively, is there another drive that I can put inside the case of this drive, if I cannot get a replacement belt?

The drive is a Chinon F-353AT RevA

Thanks guys.

You can get the belt from ebay - I think the seller is something like coolnovelties - they also have a website..(see below) As tjlazer suggests though it might be better to get a replacement. The 354 is single sided, and as such is a bit limited in the disks it can access (should be ok for a lot of games before about 1989 though)

http://coolnovelties.co.uk/coolnovelties/69-atari-st-parts-and-accessories