IGNORED

Flashback Portable: Needed Controller Hacks

doctorclu

It does start up on the portable. However the player two functions do not work on any of the portable (i.e. smart bombs).

Game does start and as mentioned by Nukey and Atarifan88 the other function buttons don't yet work.

Here is an updated Pacman4K for the Flashback Portable.

The unit has an issue with me hitting HMOVE at cycle 74. I did this because I was planning to expand this at one time to do variable flicker. Since I never did this there was no need to avoid the HMOVE lines.

Enjoy...

Excellent conversion Debro! Thanks!

Game does start and as mentioned by Nukey and Atarifan88 the other function buttons don't yet work.

Correct...I need to track down 2 bits of ram memory to hold the previous state of the difficulty switches, to detect when either of them have changed from the previous frame. But here's a temporary version that skips those and just uses the game select switch for smart bombs. Should work on the portable.

Defender2(portable).bin

• Like 4

The unit has an issue with me hitting HMOVE at cycle 74. I did this because I was planning to expand this at one time to do variable flicker. Since I never did this there was no need to avoid the HMOVE lines.

Enjoy...

Looks a lot cleaner, thank you! :D

Correct...I need to track down 2 bits of ram memory to hold the previous state of the difficulty switches, to detect when either of them have changed from the previous frame. But here's a temporary version that skips those and just uses the game select switch for smart bombs. Should work on the portable.

Kablam!!! (Smart bomb works). :P

• Like 1

Thank you for this!

Since "Game Select" and "Color" are momentary switches (on the FB Portable & the 7800) that makes them perfect to use as an extra button!

Thanks Nukey! As doctorclu reported earlier, the smart bomb works! Nice idea using the game select button as it has an "S" on the portable, which now stands for "smart bomb." :grin:

• Like 2

Enjoy...

You guys are Saints....

THANK YOU!!!!

Edited by JeffIrok

Looks like the MSB's of the print score vectors are always set to page F8...I used the upper bits there (top 3 bits of addresses are irrelevant to the console). Works in Stella. Was the original game's screen pushed down? If not, the VBLANKs can be put back so it'll work on anything.

Defender2(portable).bin

• Like 2

Looks like the MSB's of the print score vectors are always set to page F8...I used the upper bits there (top 3 bits of addresses are irrelevant to the console). Works in Stella. Was the original game's screen pushed down? If not, the VBLANKs can be put back so it'll work on anything.

Honestly the original version doesn't look like it was suffering from the VBLANK problem. The new version you posted looks and works great.

• Like 2

Honestly the original version doesn't look like it was suffering from the VBLANK problem. The new version you posted looks and works great.

What is the difference between this and the previous version of Defender 2 with the smart bombs changed to the game select button?

Just for sake of ease, could someone put links to the final versions of these hacs on the first post of this thread?

Good idea. Done!

The difficulty switches should work now for the other two functions (inviso and hyperspace).

Tested out the other buttons and inviso and hyperspace do work. Now that is cool. Always liked the hyperspace option.

• Like 2

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The left stick only uses 3 actions, so I used select and reset to move the marker and the color switch to drop. To reset a new game when one is in progress, you can use the right difficulty for now (it'll freeze if you leave it there). Gripes / suggestions?

Raiders(portable).bin

• Like 1

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The left stick only uses 3 actions, so I used select and reset to move the marker and the color switch to drop. To reset a new game when one is in progress, you can use the right difficulty for now (it'll freeze if you leave it there). Gripes / suggestions?

Looks like I got another video to make when I get off work. :)

I'll also cover Tapper/BudTapper. The one I played was a older copy of the game.

• Like 1