IGNORED

Flashback Portable: Needed Controller Hacks

doctorclu

Pressure Cooker...(v1 incomplete) display fix, but sandwiches are visible now when you are walking on the same scanlines.

EDIT (v2):

Burger bagging screen almost fixed. Extra blue pixels on lower left border removed. There's a slight problem with the color of the tops of chutes...they are recolored a little too soon on the portable. If even a single cycle is added there, they hit too late! Can't fix it either way with that issue...but they are partially colored correctly :P

PressureCooker(AFPv1).bin

PressureCooker(AFPv2).bin

Edited by Nukey Shay
  • Like 1

I'm giving up on this problem...the portable's playfield issues are just too weird. So I used the player sprites to color the center of the chutes instead.

Take a stab at it if ya wanna...the loop in question is at tag LD591.

The remaining issue (that I know of) is the right side of the oven on the main screen. This recolor does not show up. It is below tag LD13F.

Any other problems with this before I call it quits?

PressureCooker(AFPv3).bin

Pcooker.asm

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just replayed fall down... I guess up is used to jump and button for power ups. Giving player 2 four switches doesn't seem realistic, but even keeping the difficulty switch functionality (no wrap around ability - who wants that?), the bw/color button can still be used (pause, but the flashback has its own pause) and select switch (which just gives the title screen) for left and right. That would allow for a good 2-player pass through game (in which I wouldn't see any point to jumping) without powerups....

I just replayed fall down... I guess up is used to jump and button for power ups. Giving player 2 four switches doesn't seem realistic, but even keeping the difficulty switch functionality (no wrap around ability - who wants that?), the bw/color button can still be used (pause, but the flashback has its own pause) and select switch (which just gives the title screen) for left and right. That would allow for a good 2-player pass through game (in which I wouldn't see any point to jumping) without powerups....

are you playing Fall Down on the 2016 or 2017 portable?

I've been told the emulation is about the same. Disappointing, but means this thread and all the hacks still apply.

And looks like I need to update the first page on this thread again.

(Still very much like the Atari Flashback Portable, but since there are not that many changes and all that we suggested suggest fall on deaf ears, no need to buy the 2017 one. ) :P

------------

Ok, first page up to date, let me know if you have trouble with any of the links or a left a program off the list.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

I've been told the emulation is about the same. Disappointing, but means this thread and all the hacks still apply.

And looks like I need to update the first page on this thread again.

(Still very much like the Atari Flashback Portable, but since there are not that many changes and all that we suggested suggest fall on deaf ears, no need to buy the 2017 one. ) :P

I'm currently working on a newer (and updated) ROM pack to add to the first page.........

• 1 month later...

RallyX:

Original toggles VBLANK to create the border. Edited to use the background color register instead (the timing is still slightly off).

Just tested and works great! You are a god! The only issue with it now is that on the very edge of the screen the road sometimes renders in black. It's not that big of a deal, but are you planning on fixing it?

• Like 1

Not possible (?) That is the best result I could get for the portable. Delaying or rushing the background color update by even 1 cycle makes it worse (same problem I had with Pressure Cooker).

It's fine, it's not that big of a deal. Either way, thank you! The funny thing is I got my AFP the day before you posted it, which is funny because it's probably my favorite homebrew. I actually just joined the forums, and it's been a great experience so far. Again, thanks for fixing it!

Edited by Bubbabyte
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...