IGNORED

FS: Action Max w/Hydrosub & Sonic Fury - $35 shipped!

eightbit

Yeah, I saw that. I have a feeling however that something was up with that auction. It seems like it sold quite low for how much was included. Meanwhile you have these crazy people selling Blue Thunder on ebay now and trying to get these prices:

This one has 11 watchers (granted it is the full collection, but the other tapes from what I see are easily obtainable) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Thunder-Complete-Action-Max-Video-Game-System-WOW-Worlds-of-Wonder-/301620760822?hash=item4639ff90f6:g:CBYAAOSwv0tVSDdO

This one new new sealed and VGA graded:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-Blue-Thunder-ActionMax-Action-Max-WoW-Worlds-of-Wonder-Video-Game-System-New-/291781087665?hash=item43ef8211b1:g:S4gAAOSwvg9XULvg

So my question is, what gives? I am planning on selling this stuff and am definitely not looking for what these people are asking...not even close. But why are these being listed at these outrageous prices I have to ask?? And what would someone here be willing to spend on my set on the average? I am really just looking to clear it out but I don't want to kick myself in the pants later to find that I sold something valuable for nothing either :) I am usually spot on with values, but this thing is eluding me :)

Edited by eightbit

Well, I stuck it on ebay with an (what I think is) absurd price just to see what happens :) If anyone has interest and wants to shoot me some kind of offer feel free. If anyone knows me enough they will know that I hate the "Make offer" business, but if I don't know what its worth I have to go with it I suppose. No offer will be offending :)

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

It's a very hard to find game, but likewise it's almost as hard to find actionmax collectors. Quite a few people downright hate the system.

I would say $200 is a reasonable price.

Probably about what I paid for mine years ago.

I would sell it as a bin with a good size price on it and let it sit.

Something like this if you auction could possibly sell very cheap, as you have to have 2 people who really want it that both happen to see the listing that particular week.

Good luck.

It's a very hard to find game, but likewise it's almost as hard to find actionmax collectors. Quite a few people downright hate the system.

I would say $200 is a reasonable price.

Probably about what I paid for mine years ago.

I would sell it as a bin with a good size price on it and let it sit.

Something like this if you auction could possibly sell very cheap, as you have to have 2 people who really want it that both happen to see the listing that particular week.

Good luck.

Thank you for the input! I'd actually be happy with selling the whole lot for $200 (including the system and the rest) if I can get it.

No problem ;)

Yeah the rest is not worth much. The other games like $5 each and $25 for the system. Boxed with the foams and paperwork you would be looking at more but still not alot.

Yeah, $200 is a nice price for someone starting a collection. The 2 games you don't have are easy to find.

A homebrew was also made with all the games on dvd, so you don't need a vcr.

That's cool. Especially cool that someone still supports the console. I remember thinking this was awesome back in the day...and to an extent I still think it was quite innovative. It still goes down in history as the first and only game system to utilize VHS tape :) The build quality of the unit and gun are pretty impressive to me as well.

Yeah, if you let it go for $30, that's an awesome deal, and a great person to receive such a deal ;)

The actionmax is a really neat and unique system. I think it just doesn't have a lasting interest factor because of the way the games are set up. If they had had a cd drive back then to randomly access video clips it would have been much more to it.

But then it would not have been the period it was.

Don't forget the interactive vision, that's another vhs game system and it's even way less popular :D haha

I should add that even this price is not set in stone, so I have adjusted it to $200 OBO. I am a pretty easy going guy and if this is something you truly want for your collection I am willing to work with you. I am also very interested in Colecovision and Commodore stuff and wuld be willing to either trade or partial trade for something as well. If you are interested in it PM me and maybe we can work something out :)

• Like 1

Regarding your former Blue Thunder tape, did you get it originally or purchased second hand?

I recall looking for this and Fright Night everywhere in stores to no avail. I know the circumstance for Fright Night, trying to figure out if Blue Thunder tapes were released in certain stores or early in the launch of The Action Max system.

*I'm sorta of a Action Max enthusiast*

Edited by schuwalker

Regarding your former Blue Thunder tape, did you get it originally or purchased second hand?

I recall looking for this and Fright Night everywhere in stores to no avail. I know the circumstance for Fright Night, trying to figure out if Blue Thunder tapes were released in certain stores or early in the launch of The Action Max system.

*I'm sorta of a Action Max enthusiast*

From years of reading on the Action Max, I've never found any proof that the Fright Night game got any further than being in an advertisement.

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 1

Would be really cool if fright night did exist.

What always gave me hope was that it was listed on the order form....so I wonder what happened when people ordered it?

Does anyone know if a proto could exist or anything? That would be a great find.