IGNORED

2017 Flashback FAQ and Speculation Thread

Video said $50 for portables and SD flashbacks, $80 for HD flashbacks.

If I were the product manager, I'd want deluxe versions of everything, but it sounds like there's a place for the low cost stuff.

Always spring for the super deluxe version of anything. Except sports cars, because I can't affor them! :P

• Like 1

That's standard operating procedure.

I have the Flashback 7 box and Flashback Portable 1 box within arm's reach right now, and see the original Space Invaders box pictured on the former and an Atari adaptation of the Frogger box with the original Parker Brothers artwork on it (A box that I believe never existed, but there's no doubt where the artwork came from).

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

It's the 4K Pac-Man homebrew. Box shots/IP assets don't always reflect exactly what's inside.

There are no significant changes to the portables from last year other than game selection and some minor emulator tweaks (mostly on the Atari portable).

Yes, AtGames created their own flash cart. That and other flash carts still work on the SD model. The way the HD model works, flash carts can't be supported.

• Like 1

Didn't AtGames create their own flash cart a few years back, or am I thinking of something else?

Yes -- but it sounds like it won't work on the new Flashback. Confusing!

There was a portable GBA emulator that came with it's own flash cart.

Yes, but that's not what he's talking about. He means this: the Mega Expert Passport

post-2410-0-39200200-1500916617_thumb.png

Bill, on the pre-orders, do they start at a specific time on Friday? I definitely don't want to miss out on picking up this year's lineup.

Sorry, I didn't catch the original post. What date is "Friday"? [EDIT - nevermind, I found it, 28th, sorry for the superfluous post]

Edited by BitMerge6502

Bill, I had a question about the video you posted; In the footage of "Pitfall!", the footage seems to run fast as compared to the footage of other games (Sonic/MK). Is that a glich, or just sped up footage? I ask because I've seen something like this before. Pitfall! on the original Playstation (PS1/PSX) game "Activision Classics" also runs faster than normal when played in a PS3. I know you guys didn't produce that game, but I wonder since the other games in that collection run fine, if it was a specific problem with Pitfall itself having some sort of difficult timing to emulate?

- Also, as a second humorous observation, I guess I've been the fool all these years, because I've been pronouncing the name of the company "A.T. Games" instead of "AT Games". :)

Edited by BitMerge6502

Bill, I had a question about the video you posted; In the footage of "Pitfall!", the footage seems to run fast as compared to the footage of other games (Sonic/MK). Is that a glich, or just sped up footage? I ask because I've seen something like this before. Pitfall! on the original Playstation (PS1/PSX) game "Activision Classics" also runs faster than normal when played in a PS3. I know you guys didn't produce that game, but I wonder since the other games in that collection run fine, if it was a specific problem with Pitfall itself having some sort of difficult timing to emulate?

- Also, as a second humorous observation, I guess I've been the fool all these years, because I've been pronouncing the name of the company "A.T. Games" instead of "AT Games". :)

They just sped up the footage in the videos to keep the actual videos as short as possible. They're basically sizzle reels. They were used for various purposes before being released to the public.

I don't want to talk too much about the products prior to the embargo being lifted, but my impressions of the final HD hardware (both units) are fairly positive performance-wise. I still need to spend more time with them before writing my final reviews.

• Like 4

If it has a good web presence, then it's definitely not Dollar General. Sam's Club makes perfect sense. I've bought all my AtGames consoles there. Can't wait for these things to go on sale... and also still holding out hope for an Intellivision 2 Flashback: Keith Robinson Special Edition.

Just not to give anyone false hope, for various reasons I can't get into at this time, there will not be an Intellivision Flashback this year. We'll try again for 2018.

• Like 1

Just not to give anyone false hope, for various reasons I can't get into at this time, there will not be an Intellivision Flashback this year. We'll try again for 2018.

Man, that is a bummer! I hope that more information will come out as to why there won't be another Intellivision FB (but I can guess as to why). However, I hope that this leads to a better FB system than what might have been released this year. Definitely any details would be appreciated and hopefully it can get done in 2018.

Man, that is a bummer! I hope that more information will come out as to why there won't be another Intellivision FB (but I can guess as to why). However, I hope that this leads to a better FB system than what might have been released this year. Definitely any details would be appreciated and hopefully it can get done in 2018.

There is really nothing that can be revealed. It just couldn't happen this year. There should be nothing stopping it coming together for 2018.

• Like 3

There is really nothing that can be revealed. It just couldn't happen this year. There should be nothing stopping it coming together for 2018.

Understood Bill. I appreciate the information and totally understand if you cannot comment any further. Definitely I will be very hopeful that the Intellivision FB2 will come out next year and that it will be even better than what was being planned already.

With the SuperNes Classic Edition, the Atari Flashback 8 Gold Activision Edition, and the possibility of the Retron 77 still happening, I don't mind all that much having to wait on this one. :)

Edited by Atariboy