IGNORED

Atari Motherload

foxhound34

I recently came into possession of a storage locker that someone I knew purchased at an auction for $50, the locker was 10x10x10 and filled to brim with junk from old boom boxes, to clothes, and magazine, but more importantly it had Atari games like a lot of of Atari games (in the neighborhood of 3000, plus a dozens of systems) Turns out the previous owner of the locker had an Atari store decades ago and this was all the left over inventory. Plenty of common games, but also a metric ton of rarer games. Multiply copies of games like Texas Chainsaw, Custer's Revenge, Bounty Bob Strikes back etc. I had a friend look at it, he has way more knowledge than me when it comes to Atari and even he had never seen some of the stuff I had. I've gone through just about all of it, but the one game I'm having trouble finding information on is a Quadrun Loaner Cart, I know the original is rare, but how much rarer is the loaner? and what is the estimated value on something like that.

TL:DR In possession of a Quadrun loaner cart and need rarity and price estimate.

post-48729-0-32937300-1479830329_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Wow! I notice that right now as of today on eBay there's a Quadrun loose NTSC cart with a Buy It Now of $300, and PAL BINs seem to be in the range of $2-300 US, so I'd imagine a "typical" Quadrun loose cart probably falls in the range of $100-300 depending on condition? Have never actually purchased one, though, so perhaps collectors here who have can chime in.

If you have a Quadrun loaner cartridge I'd GUESS that if you put it up for auction among the collectors here you'd probably be looking in the range of a couple thousand dollars, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Now, eBay Buy it Now is a notoriously bad way to judge pricing, but still, if I actually had one of these Rarity 9 carts and intended to sell it, I'd be looking at a couple hundred bucks at least. Assuming the prototype is worth an order of magnitude more, plus combined with the fact I've not heard of many folks having this loaner cart, and assuming it's in decent condition, I'd say $1000+, plus whatever the competitiveness of an auction would generate.

It's definitely a loaner cart as it says return to Jan Boehm Consumer Division Software Dept.

Not a real lab loaner sorry to say. That is a fake label. Many like that where made and sold. But the rest of your games you mentioned like Texas Chainsaw, Bounty Bob,ect. are gonna be worth a bucket of money. Please post some pics of those. I'm sure this forum is gonna help make a Merry Xmas for you if you are selling all of that.

Not a real lab loaner sorry to say. That is a fake label. Many like that where made and sold. But the rest of your games you mentioned like Texas Chainsaw, Bounty Bob,ect. are gonna be worth a bucket of money. Please post some pics of those. I'm sure this forum is gonna help make a Merry Xmas for you if you are selling all of that.

Damn oh well, 2999 other games to deal with.

• Like 1

I know some of you guys have only been following this find here on AA. He shared this on Atari FB group and said that he was going to try help some collectors out on these rarer carts. Granted he could decide to cash in but his initial post on FB stated otherwise but it is up to him. I am waiting patiently for the list to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know some of you guys have only been following this find here on AA. He shared this on Atari FB group and said that he was going to try help some collectors out on these rarer carts. Granted he could decide to cash in but his initial post on FB stated otherwise but it is up to him. I am waiting patiently for the list to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will have a chain of resellers. :P

• Like 2