IGNORED

The Coleco Expo 2017

Greg2600

Also I'm pretty sure that if someone did buy a table just to hand out print offs of key things from the forums posts about their crap, that the organizers would "politely" ask them to leave and might even possibly refund the table fees in the process.

They would definitely get thrown out, but I seriously doubt any booth fees would be refunded.

It would be much safer and wiser to just pay the entry fee at the gate and distribute materials once inside, or better yet set up protesters outside the entrance to hand flyers to potential entrants standing in line waiting to get inside. The outdoor protesters would be much harder to kick out than indoor protestors if they aren't inside expo building, plus Chris Cardillo / Coleco doesn't get a dime from outdoor protesters. And if the cops show up and ask the protesters to leave and they peacefully comply, nobody gets arrested.

But we still need a mole inside the expo to report on the going-ons. If the various gaming news sites like NintendoLife, Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot, et al send reporters out there, I think they'll provide the dirt we need, even if it's just photos and video of a deserted expo. However, an AA mole posing as a reporter to ask targeted questions not pre-screened by a media company would be even better. Capture it on video and upload it to youtube immediately afterwords so there will be no doubt as to libel/slander accusations, etc. Chris Cardillo, Mark, or whomever cannot retract comments if it is proven they said them publicly on camera in uncut footage. Someone in charge will stuff their foot in their mouth or make a jackass out of themselves.

• Like 1

That might be slightly harsh. I don't want to support them, but I also have loved all of Pmp's 7800 stuff and want to support his game. I also do not think that means I don't belong here at atariage.

Go read my post again - I made absolutely NO mention of the developers or those that support them.

• Like 1

No one is attacking PMP

I was only referencing PMP because the quote I quoted was about another guy going to attend the expo. He was told maybe he shouldn't be an atariage member if he is going to support them. (Go back and read the quoted posts)

• Like 1

Go read my post again - I made absolutely NO mention of the developers or those that support them.

No but you told the one guy he maybe shouldn't be a member here if he supports the expo. If I buy the table top mini that PMP made I would technically be supporting the new coleco llc. And my respose was to say if Im in the same boat i dont think that was a fair statement by you towards that guy. I didn't say you were attacking the programmer.

Actually everyone has been great about not attacking PMP because he is an awesome programmer and has at least for me brought some damn good games to my lackluster 7800 library.

• Like 2

Coleco'sin town and they're here to say,

now's your big chance, to meet D.K.,

and for them, to make some hay.

'use in commerce, for you to pay.

With special guest, from river west,

zombie trademarks, is the best.

yo.

uhhhhh.

word to your mother.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 4

No but you told the one guy he maybe shouldn't be a member here if he supports the expo. If I buy the table top mini that PMP made I would technically be supporting the new coleco llc. And my respose was to say if Im in the same boat i dont think that was a fair statement by you towards that guy. I didn't say you were attacking the programmer.

I don't want to argue with you but you have completely misinterpreted my post, i.e. the specific one you quoted. My statement said that if, AFTER reading and viewing the material I referenced, you still wanted to support the "EXPO" then perhaps you shouldn't be an AA member. I was not targeting a single individual, the post was aimed at anyone from AA reading it. My post was also specific in only referencing support for the expo, by which I mean attendance. I made no mention about buying games as these do not support the expo but rather support Coleco Holdings. My only desire is to see the expo fail miserably with low attendance and few exhibitors.

Edited by Ikrananka

I don't want to argue with you but you have completely misinterpreted my post, i.e. the specific one you quoted. My statement said that if, AFTER reading and viewing the material I referenced, you still wanted to support the "EXPO" then perhaps you shouldn't be an AA member. I was not targeting a single individual, the post was aimed at anyone from AA reading it. My post was also specific in only referencing support for the expo, by which I mean attendance. I made no mention about buying games as these do not support the expo but rather support Coleco Holdings. My only desire is to see the expo fail miserably with low attendance and few exhibitors.

It was right after Vector games post basically advertising what is going to be at the expo. You didn't say Vector specifically and did say you. Which could be specifically at Vector or anyone. However, you did post this in the other thread.

WTF - is VectorGamer unaware of this thread and what has been going on?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259302-the-coleco-expo-2017/?p=3782236

I'm not trying to start a fight but if vector wants to go for his own reasons I don't think that means he shouldn't be welcome here (or anyone that wants to go).

I would like to see the expo not do well either because I think the attacking the fan page was wrong. But I don't think we should shun possible people if they want to go either.

Hope that makes more sense.

After all this talk about Coleco in recent weeks, I could've sworn that there was a thread dedicated to the expo itself and here it is. So I posted in jest to stir the pot a little.

I've been an AtariAge member for just about 8-1/2 years now. It would be comical if the Coleco Expo fails miserably, but if an AA member decides to attend the "show" I really couldn't care either way. I wouldn't go as far as saying that said member should now be banned from AtariAge.

It was right after Vector games post basically advertising what is going to be at the expo. You didn't say Vector specifically and did say you. Which could be specifically at Vector or anyone. However, you did post this in the other thread.

I'm not trying to start a fight but if vector wants to go for his own reasons I don't think that means he shouldn't be welcome here (or anyone that wants to go).

I would like to see the expo not do well either because I think the attacking the fan page was wrong. But I don't think we should shun possible people if they want to go either.

Hope that makes more sense.

I simply stated my opinion and you've stated yours. We're really not that far apart. Let's just leave it at that.

• Like 1

I simply stated my opinion and you've stated yours. We're really not that far apart. Let's just leave it at that.

I agree. I wasn't trying to infer you were bad or anything. It's just if I buy the PMP game I hope I'm not shunned even though it's giving CardilloVision money.

• Like 2

Actually everyone has been great about not attacking PMP because he is an awesome programmer and has at least for me brought some damn good games to my lackluster 7800 library.

You know, as much as new Coleco sucks, I may still buy that Rainbow Brite minicade, not because I don't think the Chris Cardillo or "new" Coleco or RWB are complete scum buckets, but because it's a cool product, and I wanna support the developer who created the game.

If attending an expo or buying a licensed product from a questionable dealer is a bannable offense here at AtariAge, then ban me. If the expo and the minicade fail, it will send a message to other corporate entities that "retro" is not a saleable concept. Is that the message that we want to send?

Vinyl records, cartridge based video games, all making a comeback. Retro is in, retro is cool and fasionable.

Now that does not imply that Chris Cardillo does not have his head shoved so far up his ass that he'll never clean the brown off his face. I think the guy is a prick and I do not like him, but I rarely base my purchasing decisions off the integrity of the dealer. I buy AA homebrews because I think the games are awesome; I subscribe to AA because I think Albert and his forum are awesome. I don't have some hidden loyalty agenda. Most people I buy from online are totally faceless, and I could care less where the money paid goes after I have product in hand. I may be putting food on someone's table, or paying their college tuition. I might also be supporting someone's crack habit, but it doesn't concern me what they do with it after they have been paid.

If it's a cool product, I'll buy it. IMO this whole boycott shenanigans is getting foolish.

Don't worry, their reputation is permanently tarnished. I think that is a given at this point the expo is a giant fail and it wouldn't surprise me with the abysmally low turnout if Chris Cardillo just cancelled the event and refunded ticket holders and booth fees. He'd still be out for renting the venue but there are a lot more expenses (personel, guest speakers, etc all get their cut) he would not have to deal with by cancelling early.

• Like 2

Everyone here is a adult and doesn't care what anyone buy's or don't buy's

including attending XXX Expo or not.

So I doubt anyone here will treat anyone differently over it

We sure are adults... or I'm in hot water with some of us for saying that I'm curious to see images of it.

We sure didn't need the coleco drama in our lives, almost ruin the passions and the vacations for some.

I wish a good time to everyone!

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here. If after this you still want to support the so-called Coleco Expo then as far as I am concerned you shouldn't be an AtariAge member.

Read the first post of this topic.

Then watch the following videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY-mtczKtEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbyHhuhwDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXmkVTPqsWk

Glad to see some people still have principles and character.

• Like 2

You know, as much as new Coleco sucks, I may still buy that Rainbow Brite minicade, not because I don't think the Chris Cardillo or "new" Coleco or RWB are complete scum buckets, but because it's a cool product, and I wanna support the developer who created the game.

If attending an expo or buying a licensed product from a questionable dealer is a bannable offense here at AtariAge, then ban me. If the expo and the minicade fail, it will send a message to other corporate entities that "retro" is not a saleable concept. Is that the message that we want to send?

Vinyl records, cartridge based video games, all making a comeback. Retro is in, retro is cool and fasionable.

Now that does not imply that Chris Cardillo does not have his head shoved so far up his ass that he'll never clean the brown off his face. I think the guy is a prick and I do not like him, but I rarely base my purchasing decisions off the integrity of the dealer. I buy AA homebrews because I think the games are awesome; I subscribe to AA because I think Albert and his forum are awesome. I don't have some hidden loyalty agenda. Most people I buy from online are totally faceless, and I could care less where the money paid goes after I have product in hand. I may be putting food on someone's table, or paying their college tuition. I might also be supporting someone's crack habit, but it doesn't concern me what they do with it after they have been paid.

If it's a cool product, I'll buy it. IMO this whole boycott shenanigans is getting foolish.

Don't worry, their reputation is permanently tarnished. I think that is a given at this point the expo is a giant fail and it wouldn't surprise me with the abysmally low turnout if Chris Cardillo just cancelled the event and refunded ticket holders and booth fees. He'd still be out for renting the venue but there are a lot more expenses (personel, guest speakers, etc all get their cut) he would not have to deal with by cancelling early.

Damn right, their reputation is tarnished. Between their questionable/unethical antics and the shitty manner in which they treated the community (including the AtariAge community as well), they've ruined what little potential they had. Sure, some people will show up for their shitty expo, but they've alienated their entire market and ruined what little goodwill they had left. They can go to Hell.