IGNORED

"Unable to load prodos" issue

milry62

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of all the tricks we used to do back in the day, eliminating dos and recovering space from track 0,1,2, deleting prodos, shortening the number of VTOC entries to the exact number of files on the disk, modding DOS with a 2-byte patch to add a 35th track conducting realtime decompression with a simple RLE routine to pack even more data in there, removing sector markings.. Great times!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I have had an Apple IIGS for many years. Today, I put in the startup disk  (5-1/2 in floppy) and got the message "unable to load prodos".

I proceeded to put in another startup disk and it loaded and asked for the program disk. When I put that in and hit enter it said "the date must be 1983 or later, and in this format 3/20/83. At the bottom it said type today's date or press return: 3/20/84 - I pressed enter and at the top of the next screen was a bunch of number and letters that make no sence at all.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?  Really appreciate any help I can get. Vivian 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 10:49 AM, Vivian Balam said:

I have had an Apple IIGS for many years. Today, I put in the startup disk  (5-1/2 in floppy) and got the message "unable to load prodos".

I proceeded to put in another startup disk and it loaded and asked for the program disk. When I put that in and hit enter it said "the date must be 1983 or later, and in this format 3/20/83. At the bottom it said type today's date or press return: 3/20/84 - I pressed enter and at the top of the next screen was a bunch of number and letters that make no sence at all.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?  Really appreciate any help I can get. Vivian 

Could be looking at Bad RAM..  Can you run the Self Test??

MarkO