IGNORED

New discovery gets PS4 controllers among other controllers working on 2600

ave1

I recently bought an 8bitdo Retro Receiver (NES version) which allows 4 types of cordless controllers to work on the NES console: The Dual Shock 3, the Dual Shock 4, the Wii Remote, and the Wii U ProController.

I decided to connect the Retro Receiver to a few other adapters that were made in the 80s to my 2600 and was surprised by the results. Check out my presentation here:

If you'd rather read about the discovery, I wrote an article that was published yesterday here: http://www.nerdko.com/2016/11/23/atari-commodore-64-sega-80s-systemscomputers-now-can-use-bluetooth-controllers-my-new-8bitdo-retro-receiver-discovery/

My favorite controller for playing my 2600 games is still my Slik stick, but nevertheless It's kinda amazing to get to be playing the classic games on original hardware with the same controller you can play Titanfall 2 with :)

Real Atari fans use the original bunny-ears wireless controllers. Keep your bluetooth heathenism away from my baby pls. *finger wag*

For real though, this is pretty cool. I've always preferred the Wii remote for 2D games.

• Like 2

Real Atari fans use the original bunny-ears wireless controllers. Keep your bluetooth heathenism away from my baby pls. *finger wag*

For real though, this is pretty cool. I've always preferred the Wii remote for 2D games.

You are a funny guy :) I definitely liked playing 7800 Desert Falcon with the Wii Remote (shown in the video), and I even tried the Wii Remote to try Sega Genesis games with some success.