IGNORED

Please! Can we have one more Incognito run?

ACML

I must say I'm extremely satisfied by the quality Panos and TF_HH have. In my opinion these two guys know the best how to build quality for a8. I have not bad experience with Lotharek, but it seems he has a cost-cutting policy when it comes to quality of used parts. Stereo, Side2 and Sio2SD -> excellent stuff. Ultimate 1mb hmmmm the Candle boards were definitely better quality boards.

I'd rather pay a little bit more for good quality.

Panos and TF_HH both use first quality PCB and parts. I like that.

Edited by ProWizard
  • Like 2

I missed out as well, and even though I don't even own an 800 right now, I'd buy one for when I do get one. And since I haven't heard anyone complaining about quality issues, I don't care much who makes it, that and I'm a tech, so I could repair cheap quality, if it's my only choice. I assume there has never been a release of the schematics to build your own? That would work for me too-even if it's a purchase and not PD.

Edited by Gunstar

• 1 month later...

Hi Lenore :),

Firedawg, yes, it's smaller, and will have some more feature or at least diffrent features than original board, but this is too soon to speak of them

design is mostly 3.3V now, but CPLD chip stays the same, and it might be a bottleneck feature wise

• Like 3

I'm ready to buy Incognito 2 as long as it still has the ability of the original in full XL/XE compatibility with all the memory of the original. Those are the main reason for it's existence and as long as that is still the same, I'm in, no matter what else it also does. All I want is my 800 to run everything my upgraded 1200XL can run. Can't wait!

As for the price - a bit too early to say for sure, but i'm opting for $80 +-10% - it all depends on volume i can afford to get done without preorders - last time people had to wait more than i was expecting and i don't want to get into this again

some parts i need to order bulk, others are available in small quantities but with higher price - will see

Lotharek didn't ask about incognito boards, so i highly doubt it will be any diffrent this time, so no, it's just me

i have my own reflow oven, i'm capable of cutting out my own stencis, and even had pick and place machine for some time - it was pretty useless without machine vision, but still i was able to assemble prototypes of hydra board on it

this was daum place_it, and it was consuming way too much of my living space compared to the workload i had for it, so it had to go

never the less i still have some access to more modern smt assembly line if i want to

• Like 5