IGNORED

FlappyBird test

tonma

My testcard arrived Cologne/Germany, and ill Test ist on a Lynx I with LCD-mod.

It Works Fine, :) ok the Music it is Not my fav melody, but it is okay. Ill get 17 tubesI

It is supposed to be not anyone's fav melody and supposed to be irritating, just like the game :D

• Like 1

I received my Flappy Bird cartridge in the mail today. The game plays very well, the fact the the high score is saved is fantastic, the colours are vibrant and the frustration is real! I would like to thank all the people who collaborated to make this game and its cartridge release possible! :)

My current high score is 51 :)

post-48113-0-95002800-1485222631_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

ABS is very light. The entire envelope + cart + stamp + address label weighs 14 g. This means that the first class priority postage is €1.30 to Finland, to EU, to US and to Australia. Same price everywhere.

The only problem is the US. According to our post office the mail through JFK in NY is completely stuck. So they refuse to give any delivery estimate. All post from Finland to the US goes this way. Perhaps the cart arrives in the summer.

For EU it is 2 to 4 days.

It got here today, so maybe 9 days from sending? Not bad!

Plays great. I mean annoying. Like it's meant to be.

• Like 1

I received my Flappy Bird cartridge in the mail today. The game plays very well, the fact the the high score is saved is fantastic, the colours are vibrant and the frustration is real! I would like to thank all the people who collaborated to make this game and its cartridge release possible! :)

attachicon.gif20170124_144746.jpg

It got here today, so maybe 9 days from sending? Not bad!

Plays great. I mean annoying. Like it's meant to be.

Awesome news guys. Assuming Craftiful and Trew are from the United States [???] then mine should be arriving any day now. :lust:

Also congrats Craftiful on your new high score... :cool:

Awesome news guys. Assuming Craftiful and Trew are from the United States [???] then mine should be arriving any day now. :lust:

Also congrats Craftiful on your new high score... :cool:

Yup, I'm in Oakland, and I think mine was sent on the 13th and arrived today (in a lovely festive envelope).

• Like 1

Yup, I'm in Oakland, and I think mine was sent on the 13th and arrived today (in a lovely festive envelope).

Good to know. I believe Karri sent mine out on the 10th or 11th, so I should have it any day now. I am in Louisiana (deep south) so it has to travel further from the ICS entry point.

attachicon.gif20170124_144746.JPG

:-D thanks :thumbsup:

Et hop.

A preview screen in horizontal mode. Just need to change the name of the rom to flappy.lnx I think. only 8 characters.

Bmp and lsd zip file.

I've made a preview for t-tris too. I hope this will not disturb the programmer.

But I'm not sure of the color, I just change image to 16 colors, maybe the lynx palette will not be accurate.

Okay I tried the .LSD from your post but still not seeing enough colors... :-o

post-33189-0-16423600-1485250208_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for the bump. If I knew how to make my own .LSD I'd have fixed up a batch already... :rolling:

• Like 1

Okay I tried the .LSD from your post but still not seeing enough colors... :-o

attachicon.gifFlappy oops.JPG

EDIT: Sorry for the bump. If I knew how to make my own .LSD I'd have fixed up a batch already... :rolling:

It's weird. I Didn't test it on real hardware

I use the lsd Creator. It's a Windows executable. Lynx SD.exe

My version with my picture if you want to test : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27435968/LSD%20Creatornew.zip

Edited by tonma

Well I got a pleasant birthday surprise in the the mail today (my B-Day is January 24th :party:).

Flappy Bird has arrived, but sadly I can confirm my Lynx I does not like it. Also weirdly the "INSERT CART" screen flickers like mad when I try to run it. No amount of sliding the cart back and forth in the slot helps... :sad:

Cart itself is gorgeous. I am currently uploading an "Unlisted" YT video and only linking the url to this post:

(should be live in an hour or so) It's up.

• Like 1

Ouch. Obviously the first batch suffered of something that I do not know yet. I have two carts on their way back for examination.

I have since changed the flux and solder in case it was material related.

In any case I will drop by the post office in about an hour to post some more Flappy Carts. I send a new cart to TrekMD and Kosmic Stardust as well. I hope to get this issue fixed before using these chips for a real release.

If someone else has similar problems please tell me about it. Don't be shy.

• Like 3