IGNORED

FS: Sony Trinitron Multiscan G520 21 Inch VGA Monitor - LOCAL PICKUP ONLY!

eightbit

I have a really really nice 21 inch Sony Trinitron VGA display for grabs. I was using this with the MiST computer as it easily handles 50/60Hz NTSC/PAL and has tons of resolutions supported. It has a really advanced menu with auto-adjust features. It is nearly flawless. No physical damage whatsoever, not yellowed or anything (my camera takes crappy pictures....it looks MUCH better in person!). It looks like it came out of the box today. The only flaw is with the anti-glare cover on the screen. It has very light micro-scratches just from cleaning the screen over the years. That cover can be peeled off but I never took it upon myself to do this. This monitor was REALLY expensive back in the day...it was the cream of the crop CRT.

It is also very heavy (85lbs I think?) which is why this is for local pickup only. I would not dare try ship this out. I am looking for $80 $40 $20 for it and am located in Northern NJ (Little Falls, 07424). Comes with two VGA cables (this monitor has dual VGA inputs) and power cable. For an extra $20 you can also have the power station it is sitting on. PM if interested.

post-21417-0-60671300-1480125458_thumb.jpg

post-21417-0-69352500-1480125473_thumb.jpg

post-21417-0-28194900-1480125489_thumb.jpg

post-21417-0-70154900-1480125499_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Its a really great monitor and might even be willing to ship it, but the shipping cost will probably be outrageous!

Not to mention all smashed up, no matter how well you pack it (talking about todays handling practices - and lack thereof, not your packing skills to which I can attest to). Just that I've sent/received smaller/lighter monitors AND Vectrex systems extremely well packed, FRAGILE GLASS written everywhere, etc. that have been destroyed in transit. Gotta be sure to insure with enough overhead to cover the initial investment plus the cost of heartache! Can you even put a price on that brand of heartache? :lol:

If Bruce packs it and it's damaged in shipment it has to be on purpose because his shit is packed tighter than a well diggers ass!

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

Dude you nearly made me choke on my drink! :) But you are right...if I package this it has a very good chance arriving at its destination in perfect condition...it's just the cost that is the problem.

• Like 1

Dude you nearly made me choke on my drink! :) But you are right...if I package this it has a very good chance arriving at its destination in perfect condition...it's just the cost that is the problem.

I hope it wasn't alcohol, that would be a terrible waste!

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

• 2 years later...

Maybe I exaggerated actually, since scalping unshippable items is fairly tricky. It's more of a hype build up, some in-the-know sellers putting up big prices with PERFECT FOR RETRO GAMING tags. Then the ones who have no clue and just want to get rid of a bulky ol' TV/monitor seeing them and thinking, "hey, I can get that kind of $$$ too".

But bargains can be still found here and there (not on PVM/BVMs thou). So if you're into this kinda stuff and have a bit of space, it's best to get a set or two as a back up. Guess within 5 years it won't be possible to find a decent one below 100$s.