IGNORED

Games YOU want to see for the 5200

BIGHMW

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned in my first development post on RealSports Curling that I was thinking really hard about doing RealSports Cricket. I love cricket, but I don't know how well suited it would be to the 5200 considering that games typically take 5 days to complete.

As for non-sports games, I would love to see Gain Ground, a fairly obscure Sega arcade game. I think the arcade version had three player support, so it would be great for the 5200. I'll have to file that away on my potential projects list.

Oh, and if someone had the ambition they could probably take the RealSports Curling code and hack it into RealSports Bowling. That might be interesting.

As both a bowler and a PBA (Professional Bowlers Association,. www.pba.com) Tour fan I think that RealSports Bowling would be cool but it should be more like Concrete Software's PBA Bowling Challenge they have for PC with all those extra options like special balls, like the split-ball (that splits up in two for like the 7-10 split or the "big-4", which is the 4-6-7-10), the bomb-ball (that literally explodes at the pins) and others, special (and tough) oil patterns, many replicating those the PBA players bowl on every tournament on their Tour, and maybe also against a few of the top players on Tour currently like current PBA Player Of The Year E.J. Tackett, Tom Smallwood, Jason Belmonte, Jesper Svensson, Tommy Jones, Pete Weber (a.k.a. "P-D-W"), Chris Barnes and many more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound crazy, but...

...4-player Pac-Man Vs demake using shutter glasses to hide Pac-Man from the ghost players.

You know... the Pac-Man game from Mario-creator Shigeru Miyamoto:

https://youtu.be/NtDl0nk6Ovk

You can even hear Charles Martinet as Mario giving the running commentary.

Would DIY shutter glasses be possible with the 5200?

It would be adapted to one screen. Ghost players would only see Pac-Man or pellets when they are within a certain distance with Pac-Man being invisible and the pellets appearing gray (whether present or not) outside of that range. Pac-Man himself would leave a trail for the ghosts to see/follow though I imagine that the fading color (indicating direction) might be difficult. Mario's running commentary serves to notify the ghost players when the fruit appears so that they can try to intercept Pac-Man en route so it would have to be replaced with a sound effect of some kind.

-uh, I mean Crysis. I want to see Crysis! ;)

Edited by CZroe