IGNORED

New MAME release

mizapf

Of course, it is not only the title screen; I tested it with the TI-99/4A and the Geneve emulation, and it seems to work correctly. For testing, I copied several BASIC files from DSK2 to DSK1 until the disk was filled, and then, on a second disk, I assembled my Speecoder with a dozen of source files; seems good so far. It boots GeneveOS successfully.

I had two I/O errors that I could not reproduce. Maybe this has to do with the short spinning time of the spindle motor, but the photographs prove that there is a 100K resistor, not a 220K. I cannot read the capacity of the e-cap, though.

Both controllers are implemented, the original CorComp Disk Controller Card ("ccdcc") and the CorComp Floppy Disk Controller Rev A ("ccfdc"). The above screenshot shows the latter. You can set the step rate in the running system (without resetting) using the DIP switches. I did not implement the additional switches for relocating the CRU base or switching to another EPROM bank. I hope that the EPROM contents are the genuine ones.

From an implementation point of view, I created a base class for both controllers and derived them from this parent class. Had an epic fight with the gcc-c++ and the ldd (linker), I can tell you...

Since I have gathered some experience now, I'll immediately continue with the Myarc DDCC-1.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Yes, since 0.162 (2015)

https://www.mizapf.de/ti99/mame/changes

MESS used the MAME core even longer, and since then it is distributed as a single package. Some people still use "MESS" to refer to the computer emulations within MAME.

I've been using the term "MAMESS" to refer to post-merger MESS.

Yes, and as promised, here is another addition for MAME: the DDCC-1 disk controller from Myarc. The ROM is on WHTech (ti99_ddcc1.zip), I also updated the ti99_complete.zip. There is no special screenshot to prove it, apart from this one that shows the CALL DIR command that is contained in the DSR (which is definitely one of the nicer things of this controller). I am using this controller in my real Geneve, and it proved to be rock solid over the last 25 years.

As I said, this will be available for you with MAME 0.220 at the end of this month, or directly from Github if you build MAME by yourself.

I am thinking about emulating some more peripheral cards; any special wishes? I had a look at the FORTi, but the schematics are barely readable.

0117_2x.png

• Like 4

I have been planning on building a ForTI compatible device to hang off Matt's 32k expansion.  Been too busy to sit my ass down beyond basic designs.  Another one of those round tuits.  Maybe I can get myself quarantined for two weeks :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

I have been planning on building a ForTI compatible device to hang off Matt's 32k expansion.  Been too busy to sit my ass down beyond basic designs.  Another one of those round tuits.  Maybe I can get myself quarantined for two weeks :)

Erik is building one too if memory serves not sure if he's doing the card edge or pin connector 

16 hours ago, mizapf said:

I'm already done with implementing the FORTi card - pretty simple -, but I need the disk software for testing. Could someone please send me a copy or point me to a location where it is stored?

Still no luck with the FORTi software. The manual says that there is a disk with a file "FORTI" to be loaded by E/A3, but I searched all 6539 DSK and dsk files on WHTech (using TIMT), no signs of such a file on any disk image. The only ones I found are FORTI as a PRG, together with FORTH and FORTJ, so this belongs to FORTH systems. FORTi itself seems to be based on FORTH as well (hence its name), but it is a separate system.

Again, if anyone happens to have the FORTi software, it would be very helpful for me to get a copy.

2 hours ago, mizapf said:

Still no luck with the FORTi software. The manual says that there is a disk with a file "FORTI" to be loaded by E/A3, but I searched all 6539 DSK and dsk files on WHTech (using TIMT), no signs of such a file on any disk image. The only ones I found are FORTI as a PRG, together with FORTH and FORTJ, so this belongs to FORTH systems. FORTi itself seems to be based on FORTH as well (hence its name), but it is a separate system.

Again, if anyone happens to have the FORTi software, it would be very helpful for me to get a copy.

Here, this is all could get, one DSK-file, some TI-Files, and some PDFs. Maybe this helps?

FORTI-ALL-RMS-01.zip

Edited by Schmitzi
  • Thanks 1

Oh no, it's broken... :( SYS-SCRNS starts as follows:

(This also applies to the single SYS-SCRNS.tfi file in the zip archive.)

[dump deleted]

Edit: It seems as if most FORTH systems have these E5 before the screens, obviously when they do not start at a multiple-4 sector number. Still, after booting, only TI FORTH with blinking cursor appears, and no further action.

Edited by mizapf

OK, I could not get the FORTi software running - I suspect that the SYS-SCRNS is broken. Instead, I wrote an own test program, and the emulated card seems to work all right. So I pushed my changes to the master branch, and we now have the FORTi card in the next MAME release, too. Plug it in the box using "-ioport:peb:slot4 forti" (or any other free slot).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1