IGNORED

New MAME release

mizapf

2 hours ago, adamantyr said:

The cartridge is a finalgrom compatible. I see that the likely issue is I don't have it in an RPK format. If you can point me to instructions to converting a cartridge binary to that I should be good.

Zip your bin together with a layout file like the attached (edit name of romimage) and call it rpk.

layout.xml

What cards to I have to use? When the dots of the text "Loading...." (almost) reach the right edge of the screen, the TI locks up with a weak beep tone, and I can see illegal accesses in the log. I used the DDCC-1 controller which proved to work flawlessly up to now.

I'm using Extended Basic and the standard 32K memory expansion.

What cards to I have to use? When the dots of the text "Loading...." (almost) reach the right edge of the screen, the TI locks up with a weak beep tone, and I can see illegal accesses in the log. I used the DDCC-1 controller which proved to work flawlessly up to now.

I'm using Extended Basic and the standard 32K memory expansion.
Needs sams

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is what I get after loading (with ccfdc):

using

./mame64 ti99_4a -ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot3 speech -ioport:peb:slot2 samsmem -ioport:peb:slot8 ccfdc -ioport:peb:slot8:ccfdc:2 525dd -cart exbasic -flop1 ti/andere/adamantyr/ROA-GAME.dsk -flop2 ti/andere/adamantyr/ROA-WORLD1.dsk -flop3 ti/andere/adamantyr/ROA-WORLD2.dsk

ROA.png

Other than the speech module, my command line was identical. So maybe it's fixed in latest release (which I THOUGHT I got but maybe not.)

If you want, you can try creating a new game, that will really put it through the paces as it reads from and writes two nine different files to set up a new game.

Also, is there a command line option to suppress the sound of the drives? I'm not all that nostalgic for it and it's DAMN loud. :D

You can lower the volume in the OSD: "Slider controls" (flopsndout)

I am still fascinated by the drive sounds and consider it one of the best features I ever added to MAME. My todo list still contains a re-recording and improvement of the sounds (and no one will talk me out of that :D ).

• Haha 1

I have done some "tinkering" with my copy of MAME (which is running from a 1 Gib flash drive) and added InsaneMultitasker"s SPLASH screen which can be bypassed by pressing the spacebar. I am also using his 80-column MENU. It took me a couple of days of setting things up and copying files from my TI but here's what I get at boot (the splash screen is up for 10 seconds). BTW, MAME is absolutely fantastic!! 

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mizapf said:

Do you mean the setup of MAME, the usage of MAME in general, or the usage of MAME with respect to the TI family?

lol... I don't know... I don't know ANYthing about the MAME. But sure, MAME with the TI, first. But In general I would like to know anything about it and see if this is something I want to try. Understand that this might go on my Raspberry Pi too. So Yes to all, but MAME and TI first.

You see that the answer is a bit more difficult that you expected. MAME is actually a generic emulation engine. It provides emulations of chips that are put together by structures we call "drivers" which are actually the systems to be emulated. You deliver the ROMs, you say which driver shall attempt to run these ROMs, and if everything is done right, the expected system beeps into your face. ?

Are you using Windows or Linux? For Windows, I already created an automatic setup tool that relies on Cygwin. If you search the forum for MAME and Cygwin, you should find it. When it has finished, it drops some ready-to-click batch files on your desktop. Zero config hassle for you.

Here is a video (from this thread):

Edited by mizapf
Found the video
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mizapf said:

Just a short reminder: 0.225 is out, containing the SID Master 99 emulation.

I just downloaded 0.225.  I can see some slowness compared to .224

Example when I run: mame64 ti99_4a -ioport peb -listslots

on .224 it starts listing as soon as I press enter, but on .225 it takes a few seconds before anything, like it's querying.  But i'm wondering if it's because my .224 is the one from the whtech site and is probably only compiled for the TI/Geneve emulation?

Are you going to be compiling .225 for the Raspberry Pi and posting it up on Whtech now?

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

I don't expect any change in speed, but you should compare the size of the executibles; if you use the full version, it will take much longer. Yes, I'll compile a TI-only version.

I could need someone to build the Windows versions. Or explain me how to set up Visual Studio to build it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mizapf said:

I don't expect any change in speed, but you should compare the size of the executibles; if you use the full version, it will take much longer. Yes, I'll compile a TI-only version.

I could need someone to build the Windows versions. Or explain me how to set up Visual Studio to build it.

The Visual Studio environment configuration depends on what the source is coded in.  What is the Windows version coded in?