IGNORED

New MAME release

mizapf

@mizapf been using TIIMAGETOOL for the hard drives for the Geneve and once and a while the program won't release the file even after the program has been shutdown. If I try to use the file in MAME it says the file is in use. I have to reboot the PC to get the file released. have did all the usual things like making sure tiimagetool isn't still running in task manager. But, it only happens every now and then and I yet to find a pattern. The best I can tell it doesn't happen with .dsk files. I would say of the 4 or 5 dozen times I have opened an HD file using the program maybe it has locked that way 3 or 4 times. No biggy, just thought I let you know.

OK, I'll try. It is a symptom that I saw sometimes on Windows; Linux does not behave this way on file locking. Actually, when you close TIMT, the files should also be closed. You could probably check in your Task manager whether TIMT (its Java process) is really terminated.

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

OK, I'll try. It is a symptom that I saw sometimes on Windows; Linux does not behave this way on file locking. Actually, when you close TIMT, the files should also be closed. You could probably check in your Task manager whether TIMT (its Java process) is really terminated.

something I just came to me, these files are in my GoogleDrive area on both machines. Gdrive sometimes takes a split second to close a file as it's constantly polling to see if the files closed to begin sync. How are you sending the close file command. maybe it's not closing the file completely before exit.

anyway, I have started closing the tabs then close the program.

On 1/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, hloberg said:

something I just came to me, these files are in my GoogleDrive area on both machines. Gdrive sometimes takes a split second to close a file as it's constantly polling to see if the files closed to begin sync. How are you sending the close file command. maybe it's not closing the file completely before exit.

anyway, I have started closing the tabs then close the program.

yes, it's the gdrive. wait till finished sync and fine.

Also check the option "Input (this machine)" whether the mouse movement is still mapped. I just noticed on my installation that the mouse did not work despite "-colorbus busmouse" (required since MAME 0.213); the reason was that the mouse x and y axes were not correctly mapped to input channels.

• Thanks 1

[mention=35000]mizapf[/mention] I got the mouse working in MyArt in geneve and now it's not working and I can't  remember what i did?
I running 149 and I have the MOUSE30 driver on the geneve.
I've messed with all the switches in the .ini concerning mouse.
???
Pretty sure you don't need a mouse driver for myart

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, hloberg said:

@mizapf I got the mouse working in MyArt in geneve and now it's not working and I can't  remember what i did?

I running 149 and I have the MOUSE30 driver on the geneve.

I've messed with all the switches in the .ini concerning mouse.

???

MyArt does not require a mouse driver.  

The MOUSExx drivers were for the Windows program I wrote years ago, and I am not 100% sure if the driver is 100% compatible with the current MDOS 6.50.

Beery

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

MyArt does not require a mouse driver.  

The MOUSExx drivers were for the Windows program I wrote years ago, and I am not 100% sure if the driver is 100% compatible with the current MDOS 6.50.

Beery

weird, I got the mouse to work once with MyArt somehow. Does MyArt detect the mouse port on the Geneve without the driver then?

@BeeryMiller I posted this elsewhere, do you know if there is a version of EXEC that slows the program down? I tried some of the carts-on-disk games with EXEC and they work fine but way too fast. Or is there command line commands for EXEC or GPL? Same with GPL, a command line speed=1 for TI99 cart games when start without needing to go to the GPL menu.

what I did find was a version of GPL that bypassed the TI99 menu screen and went straight to the cart, which is cool. click on the XB batch and it opens straight to XB26.

And why I got you on GPL, it looks like only about 1/2 the game carts work with GPL. Is there a setting I might be missing that needs to be reset to get some of the carts to work? Or, are they, or MAME, just broke.

Did you try the MAUS program on my disk? This should be the fastest way to debug. If the numbers do not change, the mouse is not sensed.

As for bypassing the TI menu screen, the GPL version I initially had did the same, which actually annoyed me, so I patched that skip out of my copy. (I seemed to miss that Master Title Screen.) Always funny to see that different people enjoy and hate the same feature. ?

Which cartridge is not working? Do you try to load it in the GPL interpreter screen?

was about to use the test mouse test program but thought I would give one more try, and it worked?! I have a theory I need to test & I'll get back with you.

UPDATE: this adds an even stranger level to the mystery. BUT, last night I was working on my Win10 laptop and I could never get the mouse to work in MyArt. When I tried it this morning on my Win7 desktop is when it started working. Now, I sync all the files between my desktop and laptop with GoogleSyncDrive so the files are all identical. I just tested the Win10 and the mouse still didn't work again on that machine, while still working on the Win7. I will test the MOUSE test file on the Win10 and it might clear up a few things.

16 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Could it be a cable, hardware issue?

nope. some quirk in Win10 or my laptop Win10. I have 2 Win7 machines, both work mouse with MyArt. My one Win10 laptop, doesn't. Everything else on the Win10 laptop works fine. At this time I can't think of what could make a difference between the Win7 & Win10?

Edit:

Just remembered, Win10 has all that Xbox emulation installed that does frame grabs and other game related stuff. I wondering if it grabs the mouse is also a setting in the Xbox. Will look. 

it's that one Win10 laptop. Other Win10 PCs work just fine. Everything else on that laptop works fine. I have been through all the settings and nothing changes it. MAME/MESS, for some reason, doesn't see the mouse IN the emulated Geneve. BUT, it sees the mouse for the MESS menu. I'm going to move on now since I know it's just something weird in that 1 laptop.

the only thing I wasn't able to test is if it's something to do with the touchpad (I don't see how). If anyone has a Win10 laptop with touchpad download below and test it, if you want. This is a full install -docs. just click the GENEVE.BAT

@mizapf you'll be happy to know I'm moving this over to the latest MAME 227 on a more powerful desktop (I'm going to paint it that beige/tan that was so popular in the late 80s :) ). The laptop was just a proof of concept. I haven't been able to get the GENMOD to work on the old 198 which I want.

Geneve.zip

• Like 3