mizapf

New MAME release

When did the mamedevs actually decide to split BIOS files into ROM and BIOS folders?  Is there a slight chance to change this when arguing otherwise?

While the TI BIOS files are covered, of course 👍, it is very inconvenient to update your BIOS files by having to download all MAME ROMs again and again. 😡

• Like 2

playing around with the 99/2 with the memory expansion got a odd ,error?

to see how much memory you have left in 99/4a BASIC you can run this little program:

1 A=A+8

2 GOSUB 1

you eventually get a MEMORY FULL error then print A gives you the memory left. If run the same program on the 99/2 with no 'memory expansion' get about 2k in A. But if you run that same BASIC program with the expansion the program never stops.

No guarantee for using the memory expansion on the 99/2. It is very likely that the operating system of the 99/2 has a good deal of bugs in it, and I don't know if anyone has a real 99/2 with this expansion to check.

Concerning ralphb's question, I've been discussing this with him by private message because I did not understand his question.

53 minutes ago, mizapf said:

No guarantee for using the memory expansion on the 99/2. It is very likely that the operating system of the 99/2 has a good deal of bugs in it, and I don't know if anyone has a real 99/2 with this expansion to check.

that's what I figured about the 99/2 thus the ?

On the other hand the 99/8 seems to work well. thx.