IGNORED

Tanglewood Kickstarter

adamchevy

Don't know...I really really want to back this project, but with only 15 days to go and only about half of their goal met...I'm not sure?

I don't understand this logic. If you back the project and it doesn't raise enough funds, you don't get charged anything. There's no need to be worried about backing a project you are interested in, no matter how close to the goal it is.

There's only 5 days left now and it's 75% funded.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Today is the last day to acquire a copy. I really wanted a copy but I just cannot justify spending $96 on a new game.

$96? Where did that figure come from? I know I backed for a full case, cart, and manual and it wasn't $96...

I swear I saw a total of $96. I just assumed the exchange rate was horribly skewed against the dollar and I withdrew my purchase without any further investigation. So looking at today's exchange rate of 1.29 dollars per sterling pound I arrive at a price of $77.40. Is shipping additional? That is all I can think of other than the scenario that I misread the invoice. Unfortunately since the Funding window has closed I can't double check which is correct. It would suck if I was in error because I really did want a copy.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like it is available for pre-order. I think I will have to grab this one as I love 8-16bit platforming games.

http://tanglewoodgame.com/index.html

$75 bucks plus shipping....yikes..haha.

I feel your pain… I was really gung-ho to pick up a copy of Tanglewood when it released, but the British pound to US dollar conversion rates are pretty rough at the moment. Too bad it didn't go up for pre-order right after Brexit, I remember buying a bunch of custom Game Boy parts from the UK a couple days after that happened and I recall the dollar being worth actually slightly more than the pound at that point in time.

Ah well, maybe conversion rates will shift around a bit and make it more affordable at some point. I'd be down to pay $40 or so for a copy of Tanglewood but any more than that is getting into questionable value territory.

Yeah, $75 plus shipping is pricey. I love seeing new releases for the Genesis, but that's considerably more than other new releases the Genesis has received in the recent past (e.g., Coffee Crisis, L'Abbaye Des Morts, the Piko releases).

I may eventually buy it, but for now, I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.