IGNORED

Tanglewood Kickstarter

adamchevy

Anyone else had an update. Nothing my end as of yet.

There was a tracking link in the update I got last week saying mine shipped. As of Sunday it was in Chicago. As I am in WI, I expect it should be at my house in the next day or two.

The USPS Informed Delivery site automatically adds packages to my tracking list when it has my address on them. It is saying as of midnight, it is in transit to next facility.

• Like 1

There was a tracking link in the update I got last week saying mine shipped. As of Sunday it was in Chicago. As I am in WI, I expect it should be at my house in the next day or two.

The USPS Informed Delivery site automatically adds packages to my tracking list when it has my address on them. It is saying as of midnight, it is in transit to next facility.

The only response I've had is receipt of my payment. Nothing else as yet. No shipment coming my way as yet.

The only response I've had is receipt of my payment. Nothing else as yet. No shipment coming my way as yet.

To be fair, it looks like you just placed your order like 2-3 business days ago. There were a large number of us who placed them between the end of the Kickstarter and some presumed cut off date late last year where they counted up all the orders and ordered everything they needed to complete those orders.

They probably need time again to get caught up to a point where they can ship copies on demand, or are letting orders build up to do another mass assembly/shipment. Keep in mind you are dealing with an indie/home brew developer here. They create these games in batches as demand dictates to keep overhead low and not sit on a large number of unsold copies. This isn't EA or Ubisoft who can afford to sit on thousands of unsold copies of a game ready to ship at a moments notice.

Of course you can always reach out to them to get an estimate on when you might be able to expect yours to ship.

To be fair, it looks like you just placed your order like 2-3 business days ago. There were a large number of us who placed them between the end of the Kickstarter and some presumed cut off date late last year where they counted up all the orders and ordered everything they needed to complete those orders.

They probably need time again to get caught up to a point where they can ship copies on demand, or are letting orders build up to do another mass assembly/shipment. Keep in mind you are dealing with an indie/home brew developer here. They create these games in batches as demand dictates to keep overhead low and not sit on a large number of unsold copies. This isn't EA or Ubisoft who can afford to sit on thousands of unsold copies of a game ready to ship at a moments notice.

Of course you can always reach out to them to get an estimate on when you might be able to expect yours to ship.

I understand exactly what you're saying. And your right I only recently placed my pre-order, I'm sure it's just a matter of time until it gets processed. Their website still says pre-orders are open for end of march batch. For the minute I'll take that as I hope to get a copy in the short term rather than having to wait for another batch run.

Out of interest, their website doesn't seem to include a contact link/page should I wish to chase at any point, how are you communicating with them? (Bearing in mind I'm not on any form of social media).

I understand exactly what you're saying. And your right I only recently placed my pre-order, I'm sure it's just a matter of time until it gets processed. Their website still says pre-orders are open for end of march batch. For the minute I'll take that as I hope to get a copy in the short term rather than having to wait for another batch run.

Out of interest, their website doesn't seem to include a contact link/page should I wish to chase at any point, how are you communicating with them? (Bearing in mind I'm not on any form of social media).

I can't speak to what it looks like on a desktop. But on my phone, right below the Tanglewood logo near the top of the page are 3 icons, Facebook, Twitter, and mail. Clicking on the mail icon opens up a new email preaddressed to them.

• Like 1

I can't speak to what it looks like on a desktop. But on my phone, right below the Tanglewood logo near the top of the page are 3 icons, Facebook, Twitter, and mail. Clicking on the mail icon opens up a new email preaddressed to them.

Now I feel stupid. Completely missed those icons. I was looking for a contact us page or something like that. Thanks.

I've no intention of contacting them as yet, as you pointed out they have a lot of fulfillment to complete, and I know I'm at the end of that list. All in good time.

• 3 weeks later...

Now I feel stupid. Completely missed those icons. I was looking for a contact us page or something like that. Thanks.

I've no intention of contacting them as yet, as you pointed out they have a lot of fulfillment to complete, and I know I'm at the end of that list. All in good tim

According to the Sega-16 Forum all of the pre-orders have shipped and the game is now available at the Tanglewood website with a 7 day wait for dispatch. I ordered my copy a day or so after yours and I have not received a shipping notice although my payment was processed. Just wondering if you received a shipping notice.

According to the Sega-16 Forum all of the pre-orders have shipped and the game is now available at the Tanglewood website with a 7 day wait for dispatch. I ordered my copy a day or so after yours and I have not received a shipping notice although my payment was processed. Just wondering if you received a shipping notice.

I still haven't received anything. I sent an email and received a reply stating all orders were going out yesterday and I would receive a shipping ID.

As yet I haven't received any tracking or shipping ID. I'll probably wait until early to mid week next week too chase it up, in case it does just turn up in the post as stated.

Am I right in saying Big Evil Corps are UK based?

I still haven't received anything. I sent an email and received a reply stating all orders were going out yesterday and I would receive a shipping ID.

As yet I haven't received any tracking or shipping ID. I'll probably wait until early to mid week next week too chase it up, in case it does just turn up in the post as stated.

Am I right in saying Big Evil Corps are UK based?

Indeed they are UK based as are the blokes who are releasing Xenocrisis which I did back on Kickstarter. In case you haven't seen it here is an interview with man responsible for Tanglewood.

Edited by LaserCat
  • Like 1

Indeed they are UK based as are the blokes who are releasing Xenocrisis which I did back on Kickstarter. In case you haven't seen it here is an interview with man responsible for Tanglewood.

https://youtu.be/fJjyFWemFeQ

I've also backed the Xeno Crisis kick starter.

Looks pretty cool so far. Looking forward to that one too.

Any luck and Tanglewood will drop through the letter box next week.