IGNORED

FS:Entire Run of all 41 issues of Electronic Games Magazines from 1981-1985

MrRetroGamer

Up for your consideration, an instant collection of 41 Electronic Games Magazines from 1981-1985, all bagged and boarded, all in very good OR BETTER condition.

This contains the Premier Issue #1 - Winter 1981 and EVERY OTHER PUBLISHED ISSUE thereafter. At the end of the run, the title was changed to Computer Entertainment, and the final 4 issues of that are also included. The magazine was generally published monthly in it's heyday, however the videogame crash of the early to mid 80's had it's affect on the industry and the magazine, so they went to a bi-monthly schedule for a while there.

Also included are three VERY HARD TO FIND bonus issues: the 1983 Buyers Guide, the 1983 Software Encyclopedia and the 1984 Software Encyclopedia.

I've had these in my collection for many years, but I've made the decision to sell them - now it's time to pass the torch to someone else who will enjoy them like I used to.

After viewing the pictures please send me a PM, as I will consider REASONABLE offers for the ENTIRE LOT. If you have interest in purchasing an entire full collector set of any of the other 80's videogame magazines, because right now I have them all in my collection, please let me know and perhaps we can work something out.

post-41-0-22553100-1480627768_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-39298700-1480627783_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-46837800-1480627800_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-71818300-1480627817_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I would be interested, but I hate making offers. I wouldn't want to offer too low and offend. Can you give us an idea of what you are looking for? I have zero knowledge on the rarity or value of magazines to be honest.

yes, yes - to eightbit you listen

These are very nice but I have no idea of real value.

I mean, what is considered a "reasonable offer"? Reasonable to whom? Because what would be reasonable to me for magazines would be a buck a magazine. I understand they are video game themed from the 80's, but I have 70's playboys that given to me free over the years...so I have no value estimate on mags at all. But you see, I suspect if I offered you a buck a mag ($41 total for the collection) you would get offended...or maybe not?

This is why asking for offers is bad for the potential buyer, and bad for the seller. It makes the buyer feel like shit when his/her offer is turned down or maybe even mocked. It agitates the seller because I suspect all along he/she had a round about price point.

I really believe the BEST way to avoid all of this is to have a price point from the get-go (however high) and state that is your price or "best offer". At least with this method people will know where to start and you will be able to better gauge the value of what you are selling (or at least the value to the folks in these forums)

So that said.... I'll take the chance of getting flack for my offer. My offer is $41 plus shipping for the entire lot. I just want to read them :)

• Like 2

OK, well I would not consider anything less than $25 per issue, and the 4 special ones are worth about $100 each. It's an instant collection, so I guess you are paying a premium for all the work that was involved in assembling them into one cohesive collection. I bought many of the issues on eBay many years ago, and bought most of them a second time to get better copies, because I am very picky about condition.

Maybe I am crazy :twisted: and no one will pay that much, but maybe there is someone out there that really wants to have this in one shot, easy peasy. Makes a great gift! :-D

• Like 1

I really hate to say this and I really don't want to take anything away from your sale, but from what I am seeing just looking at prior completed auctions for these magazines I can't find a single issue that went for $25. In fact, all I am finding are lots of 8-15 issues for around...$25. I am not telling you this to be rude (please don't take it that way) but just to inform you that the possibility of getting $1000 for this lot may be pretty slim. I understand sentimental value of course, and they are obviously worth a lot to you and you have taken great pride in this collection.

Maybe it might be a good idea to try to split them up and sell them individually with a buy it now for $25 each and see what happens on ebay with the really large audience that brings. If they sit and have to keep getting relisted it will at tell confirm that these aren't worth that much and you can slowly adjust the price until you receive bites. Or, put the lot up with a reserve and see where it goes.

I can't speak for anyone but myself of course, but I just can't see anyone laying out that kind of dough for 41 magazines. Again, just being honest and not trying to be hurtful here.

• Like 2

I really hate to say this and I really don't want to take anything away from your sale, but from what I am seeing just looking at prior completed auctions for these magazines I can't find a single issue that went for $25. In fact, all I am finding are lots of 8-15 issues for around...$25. I am not telling you this to be rude (please don't take it that way) but just to inform you that the possibility of getting $1000 for this lot may be pretty slim. I understand sentimental value of course, and they are obviously worth a lot to you and you have taken great pride in this collection.

Maybe it might be a good idea to try to split them up and sell them individually with a buy it now for $25 each and see what happens on ebay with the really large audience that brings. If they sit and have to keep getting relisted it will at tell confirm that these aren't worth that much and you can slowly adjust the price until you receive bites. Or, put the lot up with a reserve and see where it goes.

I can't speak for anyone but myself of course, but I just can't see anyone laying out that kind of dough for 41 magazines. Again, just being honest and not trying to be hurtful here.

As a non interested 3rd party, I can give you an idea on what I paid completing my collection in the past year. Individual issues not including #1 or the 3 specials I paid from $10 - $20 each for what I needed. #1 I paid around $80 if I recall correctly. The 3 specials I paid in the neighborhood of $70 - $80 each. It's true you can probably find many filler issues cheaper buying in bulk on eBay, but you're not going to find the 4 other issues very often ever popping up. Took me several years to get those.

• Like 2

So that said.... I'll take the chance of getting flack for my offer. My offer is $41 plus shipping for the entire lot. I just want to read them :)

Well then just go here and do that! Electronic copies of them all

https://archive.org/details/electronic-games-magazine

And lots more too:

https://archive.org/details/gamemagazines

I recently started collecting these old EGM's and have paid between $15-$20 per issue. Never over $20..but the seller here sounds like they are in very good condition.

Same lot for sale on EBay for $2,000......http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-Games-Magazine-Collector-Lot-ENTIRE-41-Issue-Run-1981-1985-/332041699683?hash=item4d4f3a4163:g:KSEAAOSwmfhX4Rlb

I recently started collecting these old EGM's and have paid between $15-$20 per issue. Never over $20..but the seller here sounds like they are in very good condition.

Same lot for sale on EBay for $2,000......http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-Games-Magazine-Collector-Lot-ENTIRE-41-Issue-Run-1981-1985-/332041699683?hash=item4d4f3a4163:g:KSEAAOSwmfhX4Rlb

That's my auction! I figured I'd give you guys here a break! LOL

As a non interested 3rd party, I can give you an idea on what I paid completing my collection in the past year. Individual issues not including #1 or the 3 specials I paid from $10 - $20 each for what I needed. #1 I paid around $80 if I recall correctly. The 3 specials I paid in the neighborhood of $70 - $80 each. It's true you can probably find many filler issues cheaper buying in bulk on eBay, but you're not going to find the 4 other issues very often ever popping up. Took me several years to get those.

I would echo this. I completed my collection a couple of years ago and I think I paid roughly $15-$20 per issue for most of them, $100 for a copy of #1 in really near mint shape and between $75 and $100 for the three specials. Of course, that also involved some bulk buys and double and triple buys to get really nice VF/NM copies that were newsstand editions as opposed to ones with mailing labels, so I am certain I spent well over $1,000 getting the complete set. I don't think $1,000 is totally crazy for this lot although the condition is below what I ended up with and I've seen full runs go for $600 - $750 two or three years ago, but not recently.