IGNORED

Apple IIe Educational Game: Miner's Cave?

StanJr

I'm trying to hunt down an old Apple IIe learning game that I used as a kid, and would like to use again in my schools. The game was called Miner's Cave and dealt with simple machines (pulleys, inclined planes, etc) and mechanical advantage. I thought maybe somebody around here might know of it and where I could get access to a copy? Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about?

Simple Stan

[ 05-29-2002: Message edited by: StanJr ]

• 8 months later...

Hmmm. Didn't see it in the list.

I know that its not limited to the Apple II, but I do know I used an Apple IIe AND an IBM computer from way back to use the program before.

Thanks for the link, Nukey, I'll try and contact them.

Grateful Stan

Are you looking for the actual disk for use on an actual Apple2/2e/+? Or are you just looking for the disk image to use with an emulator like AppleWIN

I can't help you with an actual diskette but there are a bunch of Apple 2 images at: ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/images/ Just go there, browse to the "educational" directory and take a look. However I didn't see a "Miner's Cave" there. Are you sure that was the name?

By the way now that we're talking about it, if you haven't tried it, Applewin is easy to use and it makes your pc look like it was a good old Apple 2 (especially when run full screen). Highly recommended for you to try if you're an oldtime Apple fan.

I am 100% sure it is called Miner's Cave. I used to have a floppy (3.5") with the program on it. So I also know it can be run on something other than an Apple, like the IBM PC's we had in high school.

I'm working on contacting my old high school, junior high, and grammar schools to see if they have a copy as well.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

quote:

Originally posted by Noble Kale:

Yup, that's the right name. We had this game at school, but for pc. Stan's right - you had to use pulleys, wheels, levers, gears, etc... to move a cart full of gemstones onto a higher level of the cave.

I remember that game.

Ah, the horrendous memories of unrivaled torture with that game. Worse than having an Annual Performance Review. Almost.