IGNORED

The Atari Jaguar 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway

Clint Thompson

Greetings everyone!

This is primarily a Facebook giveaway but over the 12 Days of Christmas, from December 25th to January 5th, we'll be giving away Jaguar gifts every day that include physical games, unreleased items, hardware and more. Check out the link for information to enter and I'm trying to find a way where being a Facebook member isn't required but am definitely encouraging photo submission upon gift receipt so we can share with everyone to enjoy.

https://www.facebook.../AtariJaguar64/

Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up in case you're interested!

The Jaguar wrapping paper is real and if you win, your gift will come wrapped in this awesome Jaguar wrapping paper!

post-985-0-63656100-1481206369_thumb.png

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 8

Maybe you could do an AA giveaway for those of us not into Facebook? I have an item or two I'd be willing to donate to participate...

I'm evaluating 3rd party platform options that will make it not completely tied to Facebook but that will be where I primarily focus on posts and such. It's open to anyone and everyone, worldwide.

How does one get Jaguar wrapping paper made? I want to give all my presents in this from now on.

Believe it or not it's not as easy as one would think but it is super cool and worth the extra effort for this time of the year! The places online will flag it as copyright infringement with a quickness though, which I was sad to learn.

I deactivated my Facebook account a couple of weeks ago. 98% of the content I was consuming was trash I wouldn't voluntarily seek out. So I wondered why I would sit and look through it just because it's in my Facebook feed. I have to stop wasting time looking at that garbage. It also served to degrade my relationships with friends and family as opposed to fostering improved social interaction. It simply didn't serve any positive role in my life and so I decided to excise it completely. The only way I could truly do that was to deactivate my account. Good riddance.

Anyway... this is what I get when I go to the page.

post-2962-0-98281900-1481315380_thumb.png

• Like 2

Ok, so here goes a quick 33ish-hour test and there are a few ways to enter, most easy being just answer the question - it obviously doesn't matter.

but... someone will win and actually receive a small Jaguar-related token of appreciation gift for participating. Open to any and all feedback. Thanks!

https://gleam.io/Lfgpy/atari-jaguar-12-days-of-christmas-test

post-985-0-83804300-1481738264_thumb.png

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 2

It looks like I'm going to disable the entry option by Twitter and Facebook altogether on the future entries. I've noticed 2 twitter entry accounts that basically do nothing but enter giveaways and I don't want someone that is just out to loot freebies winning. I've noticed a few concerns regarding it being a scam, which is understandable but even leading to identity theft. For further clarification, I don't get access to everyone's name and/or e-mail address. Once the giveaway closes for that day, I hit the select random winner button and then it will reveal one persons name and email address to contact and claim their prize. Same platform that The Dreamcast Junkyard uses, which is why I opted to give it a try. Hopefully that clears up any uncertainty.

There are a lot of 3rd party people and vendors involved in all of this which I am thankful for, because it really makes for a fun event and a lot of really cool items available, especially for those who don't have them.

Some complained about the continue button not working but it appears to be isolated to phones and works fine on regular PCs. I'm not sure but it could be a flash or java related requirement.

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 1