IGNORED

Yurkie & Doubledown Controller Sets & Virtual Boy HB Game Lot On Ebay

thegamesnotoveryet

Hi guys/gals, as I state in my auction listings, I've recently been hit with some HUGE car repair cost, and due to it being the holidays, it couldn't have happened at a worse time of year. Anyways, I'm selling off some of my more rare gaming items to help get back above board, and help out with the holidays.

I really hate to sell these controller sets, as they are truly great works of art, as well as being functional controllers that shows a great love and passion for these classic systems and games.

Doubledown Pac-Man & Ms. Pac-Man Controller Set for the ColecoVision:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2223443962441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=222344396244&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Pac-Man Collection Game(Yellow Cart Version) for the ColecoVision:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2223443912211?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=222344391221&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Mario Bros. Game(Red Cartridge Version) for the Colecovision:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2223443981381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=222344398138&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yurkie Mario Bros. Controller Set for the ColecoVision:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3223580627281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=322358062728&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Vitual Boy Homebrew & Flashboy Game Lot:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3223580661921?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=322358066192&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Chris

Edited by thegamesnotoveryet

You listed PMC (now separate from the controllers) at a starting bid for exactly what I had offered you for it alone outside of ebay and said you weren't interested in splitting it up...which is exactly what you did for the random ebay bidders. Could have avoided the fees and passed it on to an AA collector. Ehhh...I'll pass now. Good luck on the "bay".

• Like 1

You listed PMC (now separate from the controllers) at a starting bid for exactly what I had offered you for it alone outside of ebay and said you weren't interested in splitting it up...which is exactly what you did for the random ebay bidders. Could have avoided the fees and passed it on to an AA collector. Ehhh...I'll pass now. Good luck on the "bay".

The guy is something else. Just move on to the next. You're way better off doing that it seems.

• Like 1

Yes, the starting bid of what you "offered", and now it is over what you offered, which is often the case when people make offers.

I've been selling on Ebay for well over 10+ years, and I often like to give everyone a chance to bid on items, especially rare items like these. Sometimes I open auctions "high" to gauge interest and see what the going rate is, or how much interest there is.

How would it be if someone made an offer before yours for $100 and I accepted it?

Would that be fair to you? Then you would say I would have given you $200, and that's great, maybe someone else will pay $300, I don't know. If I made it a BIN at $200, and someone else bought it, then I think you could complain, but as it is, it's being offered to the highest bidder with an opening bid of $200, not a BIN.

I may have paid more than that when I bought it years ago, should I now sale it for less to you, simply because you contacted me with an offer? I'm sorry that you don't find me selling my own items the way I want as "fair", and I'm sure anyone who buys this will be a collector as well, so why are you more entitled than some one else?

I have 100% positive feedback, with 150 in the last month alone. So I think I'm more than fair to the customers I deal with. You are not a customer, as you have not bought anything, so I don't owe you anything. Please don't paint me in a negative light, simply because you feel slighted becasue I wouldn't sale an item to you for what you offered.

If anyone here doesn't like what I'm selling, or thinks the price is to high, don't bid and move on. Why do people feel the need to make smart ass comments, or give advice that was never asked for in the first place. This is an auction thread, I have some auctions, so I listed them here. Nothing more, nothing less.

Chris

#1: If someone had offered you $100 and you accepted it that would be fine. Great for the person purchasing to get a fair deal, great for you to make some quick cash for your repair(s). It wouldn't phase me at all if I had contacted you offering $200 and you had told me you already sold it for $100. That is the way of the buy/sell game my friend. I only reached out to you thinking I was giving you a really fair offer, an opportunity to make some quick cash and avoid ebay fees (or chargebacks, scammers, etc), and at the same time you would be helping a fellow collector out with obtaining something that I have been looking for a very long time.

#2: This isn't about selling the game to me or not, it's about saying you will not split it up and wanting to only sell it as a $500 set with those controllers... and then doing exactly that on Ebay after nobody bites on that combined auction. No thought of shooting me a message after I had made you an offer for the game individually and giving me an opportunity or even a heads up that you had changed your mind. It is just a courtesy thing in my book, as if the shoe were on the other foot I would have come back to you before relisting it and asking if you were still interested...even if a counter offer were involved which I may or may not have accepted. You could have even replied to me and told me that you are selling it individually but "only" on ebay. That would have been good too.

#3: That is correct, you do not "owe" anyone anything. Being courteous is nothing you should feel you "owe" someone.... it's just the nice and proper thing to do.

#4: If you are not looking for comments to your sales maybe it is a better idea not to post about them at all in an open forum. Just list them like every other ebay flipper does... there are enough bidders scouring for Colecovision stuff there that you'll sell the product regardless.

I will not say any more regarding your sales other than good luck.

• 1 year later...