IGNORED

SGM...I have to wonder how this guy has twelve

eightbit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colecovision-ADAM-Supergame-module-with-SD-wafer-drive-factory-new-/112214370977?hash=item1a207f6aa1:g:HvoAAOSwB09YNgyL

How on earth does this happen? Was there no limit per item per customer? If not, for shame.

EDIT: I did not notice the Atarimax cart (which also begs to question....twelve?) also included....but still....twelve?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colecovision-ADAM-Supergame-module-with-SD-wafer-drive-factory-new-/112214370977?hash=item1a207f6aa1:g:HvoAAOSwB09YNgyL

How on earth does this happen? Was there no limit per item per customer? If not, for shame.

EDIT: I did not notice the Atarimax cart (which also begs to question....twelve?) also included....but still....twelve?

Don't know this seller, but that doesnt mean its not legit. Then again there's no pic of 12 SGMs all stacked up nice together.

If these were from the first run anything is possible, I believe you could have ordered as many as you wanted as those funds most likely went to financing the whole project.

It happens because one person bought 12 of them and now has 12 of them to sell.

Limit-per-customer usually doesn't work as intended. You can just get friends to purchase whatever is being limited. Unethical? Probably. But so are a lot of business practices.

Edited by Keatah

Did Opcode have a limit? Personally, I have no issue with reseller practices. At most, it can be annoying, but it also helps a small company like Opcode sell bigger batches and do other things that give life to the system. Dude could buy 200 for all I care, that's his risk to take.

Edited by Crystallas

Man I hope one day it gets to the point where these are readily purchasable at retail price. I guess it's the whole trend of buying everything up and reselling at super high prices which especially recently is really starting to bug me. I can't get a NES Classic for my one daughter for Christmas because of all of these ass clowns. I can't get a Hatchimal for my younger daughter for the same reason. And I can't get one of these for my brother for Christmas. Well....I can do all of these things....if I want to go broke :(

I'm only taking a wild shot in the dark here, but from the way the description is written and the use of different text fonts, etc., I think the seller is AtariAge member HDTV1080. They only thing that throws off this theory is that Minnesota is listed as the seller's state and HDTV1080 lives or lived in PA when we dealt with each other back in the 90s.

It's a big investment on the seller's part if he actually has stocked 12 SGMs and Atarimax carts and the listing that started with 12 has been up for weeks already and now sits at 11. I'm sure there wasn't much of a discount from Opcode or AtariMax on these items and after eBay and PayPal fees, the profit margin is pretty slim and really not worth the effort as far as I can tell.

The seller would probably be better off just selling the SGMs alone and then provide info to AtariMax's products.

If they are still in current production I would only pay what they are selling for from opcode. Any higher than that is stupid. If they were no longer made thats different.

Well, that's assuming you can get one (or wait extremely long for one)... for me, I snagged one at 2x the normal price off EBay because I wanted one to use now, before I die, not getting any younger :)

I'm only taking a wild shot in the dark here, but from the way the description is written and the use of different text fonts, etc., I think the seller is AtariAge member HDTV1080. They only thing that throws off this theory is that Minnesota is listed as the seller's state and HDTV1080 lives or lived in PA when we dealt with each other back in the 90s.

It's a big investment on the seller's part if he actually has stocked 12 SGMs and Atarimax carts and the listing that started with 12 has been up for weeks already and now sits at 11. I'm sure there wasn't much of a discount from Opcode or AtariMax on these items and after eBay and PayPal fees, the profit margin is pretty slim and really not worth the effort as far as I can tell.

The seller would probably be better off just selling the SGMs alone and then provide info to AtariMax's products.

You just pegged the seller Niad........................

Man I hope one day it gets to the point where these are readily purchasable at retail price. I guess it's the whole trend of buying everything up and reselling at super high prices which especially recently is really starting to bug me. I can't get a NES Classic for my one daughter for Christmas because of all of these ass clowns. I can't get a Hatchimal for my younger daughter for the same reason. And I can't get one of these for my brother for Christmas. Well....I can do all of these things....if I want to go broke :(

It's a free market. And the best defense against such tactics is to simply not buy the item at an inflated price. We don't. Switch your interest to something else.

• Like 1

It's a free market. And the best defense against such tactics is to simply not buy the item at an inflated price. We don't. Switch your interest to something else.

I get it, and I don't go for it for myself (obviously or another one of those $299 jobs would have been sold!) but I am not just referring to only videogames. The Hatchimal nonsense for example. I have a six year old girl who's wish is to have this for Christmas. It's easy to just say "I won't do it", but when it's your little kid's Christmas wish it throws a curve ball in your philosophy on the subject.

This time a few years ago I could have bitten the bullet and purchased it for an inflated price (like I had to do for that stupid zoomer dog for my first kid) but nowadays it is out of hand. Can't pay $300 for a $70 toy....and she doesn't get the one thing she wants because of some snapperhead teenager that works at Target and loaded his vehicle with a crate of these things to flip on ebay.

I saw this rant the other day (a mom here in NJ) which pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Pretty funny I must say:

https://youtu.be/5XEplf97xpQ

Well, that's assuming you can get one (or wait extremely long for one)... for me, I snagged one at 2x the normal price off EBay because I wanted one to use now, before I die, not getting any younger :)

To be fair, Opcode just posted on their Facebook page that the next run SGM boxes have arrived and will be shipping out to people any day now: https://www.facebook.com/pg/opcodegames/posts/?ref=page_internal

So doesn't that actually make TWO shipments of SGM's that have happened this year? I get that the initial run had a seriously long delay, but can't we maybe try to start to give them a little bit more credit now? After all, please remember these guys have full-time lives and jobs in addition to everything they are doing for the community.

Ed is a very good friend of mine and I know of very few people with his level of dedication and passion for these projects and I am sure he is doing everything he can to get them out to the people and two shipments of the module this year is a great thing. I know they are coming and I have other things to do while I wait (I am waiting on like three projects right now anyway, so I add it to the list!)

I guess I just get sentimental with the idea that this stuff is primarily designed with the thought that it is for other people dedicated to the console...not for people to exploit the current low quantity amount to cash in. But it's the way of the world nowadays unfortunately. Like Keatah said, in this instance it is better to wait and get it at retail.

• Like 1

I get it, and I don't go for it for myself (obviously or another one of those $299 jobs would have been sold!) but I am not just referring to only videogames. The Hatchimal nonsense for example. I have a six year old girl who's wish is to have this for Christmas. It's easy to just say "I won't do it", but when it's your little kid's Christmas wish it throws a curve ball in your philosophy on the subject.

This time a few years ago I could have bitten the bullet and purchased it for an inflated price (like I had to do for that stupid zoomer dog for my first kid) but nowadays it is out of hand. Can't pay $300 for a $70 toy....and she doesn't get the one thing she wants because of some snapperhead teenager that works at Target and loaded his vehicle with a crate of these things to flip on ebay.

I saw this rant the other day (a mom here in NJ) which pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Pretty funny I must say:

I think it is kinda funny that now a days everyone rants on twitter or the new technologies when back in the day this happened my parents just did whatever they had to do. My parents told me they went to a multitude of stores for many months for both colecovision and cabbage patch dolls (for my sister).

They told me when they finally got a colecovision after months it was standing at this store for 6 hours while the shipment was coming in where they finally got one.

Now a days people just complain instead of hunting and watching for them coming. Just saw news articles of hatchanimals and NES coming to stores. There are still ways to get them.

The buyers keep the price high for resellers. ALWAYS OFFER ORIGNAL PURCHASE PRICE. If everyone did that the seller would have to sell for zero profit.