IGNORED

Sinclair ZX80 Special

Nice video! If I remember correctly, the first home computer Jeff Minter (among thousands of other people, of course) used was a ZX-80, after having been introduced to computers by the Commodore PET at his school. He was quite delighted when his father upgraded it to a ZX-81, to get rid of the constant blinking, and as you know made a few games sold by DKtronics I believe. Though his career didn't really take off until the ZX-81 was replaced with a VIC-20, which had both colours, redefinable graphics, sound and joystick input.

Also, perhaps you have someone else who could be your camera (wo)man while you're soldering, so they can shoot the footage for you to edit later?

• Like 1

Nice video! If I remember correctly, the first home computer Jeff Minter (among thousands of other people, of course) used was a ZX-80, after having been introduced to computers by the Commodore PET at his school. He was quite delighted when his father upgraded it to a ZX-81, to get rid of the constant blinking, and as you know made a few games sold by DKtronics I believe. Though his career didn't really take off until the ZX-81 was replaced with a VIC-20, which had both colours, redefinable graphics, sound and joystick input.

Also, perhaps you have someone else who could be your camera (wo)man while you're soldering, so they can shoot the footage for you to edit later?

There is really no space with all the camera equipment, lights and field monitor around my desk for a camera woman. ;-)

Were there any 'official' games released way back for the ZX80? With 'official', I mean games from UK software houses to be purchased at WHSmith or computer shops.

Like Automated Simulations (Epyx) in USA did games for the A2 from 1978 onwards.

Yes accroding to Paul Farrow´s web page there were a few at least:

www.fruitcake.plus.com/Sinclair/ZX80/FlickerFree/ZX80_SpaceInvaders.htm

Edited by vectrexroli
  • Like 1