IGNORED

Why is Adventure so freakin' expensive?

Dauber

Iconic it is. I think it may also be partly because everyone played it so much that it's hard to find a copy in good shape. A mint CIB or NIB is definitely on the list, and I don't normally go after boxes. You're right though, it is spendy for being so common.

• Like 1

I'd guess if you asked, 75% of Atari enthusiasts from back in the day list this as their favorite game. I know I do.

I think most of us tend to keep their copy of Adventure, making it a little more scarce. It took me a long time to find a box at an affordable cost. To answer your question, it's a demand thing.

• Like 2

No denying the great box art and I bet a lot of people are enamored with it being such an early "RPG" type game. Never got into it myself actually, but can see the appeal. And I do keep a boxed copy around, just because and it's such an iconic game. An adventure game, simply titled 'Adventure'. Brilliant! :lol:

• Like 1

It also seems like a lot of people have a history with that game so are probably looking to buy it, if they don't have it.

Myself, That was a game I never had BITD, but 3 friends had it and I played it (Loved it) ...Then around the late 80's or early 90's, I got it loose at a garage sale for 50 cents...Then I loaned it to my old locker partner from Junior High of all things, who I ran into once in 15 years, and I never saw it or him again haha...

FWIW, I just now looked at a box of games a friend gave me and sure enough I have it again!...Also I Do have that hack called Adventure Plus from the AA Store...

• Like 1

It also seems like a lot of people have a history with that game so are probably looking to buy it, if they don't have it.

Myself, That was a game I never had BITD, but 3 friends had it and I played it (Loved it) ...Then around the late 80's or early 90's, I got it loose at a garage sale for 50 cents...Then I loaned it to my old locker partner from Junior High of all things, who I ran into once in 15 years, and I never saw it or him again haha...

FWIW, I just now looked at a box of games a friend gave me and sure enough I have it again!...Also I Do have that hack called Adventure Plus from the AA Store...

Adventure Plus is on my list. It seems well regarded. Do you like it? I'm going to be hitting the store for a small batch here before the new year.

• Like 1

Adventure Plus is on my list. It seems well regarded. Do you like it? I'm going to be hitting the store for a small batch here before the new year.

I like it! I recommend it, but, TBH I haven't played it much...I think it's one of those things where if you liked the description, then you'll probably like the game.

I like the excitement of firing up a game for the first time with no expectations, but some people watch videos and read reviews (which I do too sometimes, if I'm bored), but I rarely put that much thought into it...Or maybe I don't like to know all about a game before I get it...Discovering it is half the fun...I think I was probably destined to like it given it's based off of Adventure :-D

Years ago I worked on a hack called Missadventure. It expanded the kingdom from 30 some rooms to 112 rooms. It also added new castles and dragons. Yorgle did the design and I just finished it up.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/119860-missadventure-revised-adventure-hack/

• Like 5

Years ago I worked on a hack called Missadventure. It expanded the kingdom from 30 some rooms to 112 rooms. It also added new castles and dragons. Yorgle did the design and I just finished it up.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/119860-missadventure-revised-adventure-hack/

Very cool that you made this. Is there a label?

Very cool that you made this. Is there a label?

There is a label in post #71 (note the different spelling).

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/119860-missadventure-revised-adventure-hack/page-3

And a text label in post #85.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/119860-missadventure-revised-adventure-hack/page-4

And yet another label in post #102.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/119860-missadventure-revised-adventure-hack/page-5

• Like 1

Earlier this year, when I decided that I wanted to get an Atari before its 40th birthday, I set out to recoup CIB copies of my modest library that I had as a kid - of course, Adventure was one of them. Let me tell you, while it's not too difficult to find a decent number of games complete (some a little more than others), it seems like everyone tossed out their boxes and manuals for Adventure! :-o It was the very last game that I acquired after a few months of looking.

FWIW, though, if you asked anyone who owned it back then, chances are they would tell you that it was their favorite Atari game. It was definitely much more complex than its implied simplicity - and yeah, that cover art... :)