IGNORED

My Retro Gaming Set Up

SoulBuster

Okay, that gives me some serious Drive envy.

also ATR8000!!!!!

I actually have 2 of them along with:

1. a spare motherboard.

2. The Co Power 88

3. Hard Drive Interface.

I will be setting it up with 2 1.2 MB 5 1/4" floppies (acts like 8" drives, 1 meg ea.)

I have my 720 XF551 Hyper OS

Standard XF551 Hyper OS

2 Happy 1050s

The Percom DSDD (actually not sure if it is DS)

and the Indus

The unit you see on top of the Percom is an IDE drive (not sure how big it is) along with the MyIDE Interface, first MyIde rev 3.

The combo drive you see is for the ST

Edited by SoulBuster

Do you have any pictures of the ATR8000 Hard Drive Interface? I'd like to get one for my ATR8000.

I actually have 2 of them along with:

1. a spare motherboard.

2. The Co Power 88

3. Hard Drive Interface.

I will be setting it up with 2 1.2 MB 5 1/4" floppies (acts like 8" drives, 1 meg ea.)

I have my 720 XF551 Hyper OS

Standard XF551 Hyper OS

2 Happy 1050s

The Percom DSDD (actually not sure if it is DS)

and the Indus

The unit you see on top of the Percom is an IDE drive (not sure how big it is) along with the MyIDE Interface, first MyIde rev 3.

The combo drive you see is for the ST

What kind of drives would you use for it?

360s

720s

or Like I am doing 1.2 mb to get 1 meg on em?

I'd actually do my best to hunt down a compatible 8-inch drive...because big technology is cool.

I might also shove the highest density 5 1/4 drive I can muster for practicality purposes.

Note, I'd need to consult the ATR8000 docs to reacquaint myself with the possibilities.

I'd actually do my best to hunt down a compatible 8-inch drive...because big technology is cool.

I might also shove the highest density 5 1/4 drive I can muster for practicality purposes.

Note, I'd need to consult the ATR8000 docs to reacquaint myself with the possibilities.

I'm in the exact same boat. Sure I could put a 5.25" or 3.5" drive on my ATR8000, but I never used 8" drives. That would be a lot cooler.

I know nothing about 8" drives though.

I'm in the exact same boat. Sure I could put a 5.25" or 3.5" drive on my ATR8000, but I never used 8" drives. That would be a lot cooler.

I know nothing about 8" drives though.

Yikes on the price: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Vintage-Parts-Accessories/175690/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=8+inch+floppy+drive

disks are not as bad as I thought: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Floppy-Zip-Jaz-Disks/80136/i.html?_from=R40&_oac=1&_nkw=8+inch+floppy+disks

Just an Idea of how expensive 8" would be.

I was able to buy 200 1.2 meg floppies for $50. and the drives were $10 ea. brand new old stock.

Yikes on the price: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Vintage-Parts-Accessories/175690/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=8+inch+floppy+drive

disks are not as bad as I thought: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Floppy-Zip-Jaz-Disks/80136/i.html?_from=R40&_oac=1&_nkw=8+inch+floppy+disks

Just an Idea of how expensive 8" would be.

I was able to buy 200 1.2 meg floppies for $50. and the drives were $10 ea. brand new old stock.

Oh yeah, it's not a cheap undertaking.

I grabbed 100 HD 5.25 floppies, New in Boxes for a grand total of $10 a few months ago. I wish I could find DD disks so cheap!