IGNORED

Homebrew List

dgdgagdae

I there is a "Listing" of Atari 7800 Homebrews and Hacks that are freely available in this thread.

I am not sure if there is a 2600 equivalent thread. If you go to the Atari Age site and go to the rarity guide and search for self published it will generate a list of home brews.

The ones that have ROMS available will have a blue Pac Man icon next to them

Here are the HACKS

Here are the Homebrews

Edited by groundtrooper
  • Like 1

Thanks, that's somewhat helpful. What I don't see there is any mention of the newer PAC-Man 4K and 8k on those lists.

Pac-Man4K

Most of the time when there is a ROM available for homebrews they will be in the programmers thread. Sometimes it is a limited or demo version as they are trying to sell their "wares" in the AA Store. You just have to search for the "Main Thread" about the HB Game and start looking for links in the thread.

Edited by groundtrooper
  • Like 1

I've been looking for a list, too. Not just one of currently available ROM's and games, but of everything known to have been turned into a cart. I actually started making one, but new stuff that was developed and released years ago keeps popping up on ebay, etc, so I don't think it's anywhere near complete.

• Like 1

Is there a list somewhere of homebrew ROMs that are freely available? I've never really wanted to try them out before, but seeing that there are some good homebrew and hacks out there, it sounds like something worthwhile. I don't mind searching for downloads, but I don't even know what to look for.

PM sent

~30 games which are in the AA store are missing. E.g.

• Juno First
  • Halo 2600
  • Pac-Man 4k
  • Space Rocks
  • Star Castle Arcade
  • Stay Frosty 2
  • Zippy the Porcupine

I suppose the list has barely been updated since 2007.

We're talking about different lists.....LOL You're talking about the AA list - not updated since 2005, I was talking about my list - updated daily (nearing 1900 titles).

• Like 1

With help from several of the folks on this thread, I can post my Atari 2600 homebrew list publicly without having to upload it myself after every update. I have edited this list almost daily for over 3 years, and usually upload it to my MS OneDrive once a month as a backup.

"The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." can be found here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArXu52QZivTrgVbQayev1Wc1QprN

• Like 10