IGNORED

SpartaDOS X system calls via CC65?

Hello everybody, am trying to figure out the best way to do SDX system calls from C via cc65?

For example, there is a routine that can be called to get the current date and time:

void timedate(TimeDate* td)
{
  struct regs r;
  assert(td!=NULL);
  r.pc = 0x703; // KERNEL
  r.y = 100;    // GETTD

*(byte*) 0x0761 = 0x10; // DEVICE

_sys(&r);     // Do Kernel Call.

td->day     = *(byte*) 0x77B;
  td->month   = *(byte*) 0x77C;
  td->year    = *(byte*) 0x77D;
  td->hours   = *(byte*) 0x77E;
  td->minutes = *(byte*) 0x77F;
  td->seconds = *(byte*) 0x780;

return;
}

Is it possible to use a similar mechanism to get access to the other SpartaDOS X functions? For example, I need to be able to set errno, when one module of my program goes byebye, so that I can call the next program module to load (and to cut down on footprint. I do not want to write a whole overlay system when I can use the OS to do it reliably).

What I _want_ to do is have an overreaching TSR program (which I'd LIKE to be able to write in C), which will provide serial routines that I can call (open, close, read, write) from the other system modules (LOGIN.COM, BULLETIN, MSGBOARD, FILBOARD, BYE, etc.) and thus not only keep the memory footprint down, but to maximize modularity/flexibility.

-Thom

• Like 1

You could use JFSYMBOL function accessible at $7eb. Look at http://sdx.atari8.info/sdx_files/4.48/SDX448_Programming_Guide_EN.pdfchapter 16.1 "Looking up the symbols (S_LOOKUP)".

A number of information is accessible by COMTAB structure addressed by DOSVEC vector.

Edit: Main trouble is CC65 is not supporting relocatable SDX format, so making TSRs will be hard.

Edited by mono