IGNORED

WELTENSCHLÄCHTER

Der Luchs

received my copy of the game on Saturday! I'm totally hooked! I do have a question though that I didn't see mentioned in the manual...

Why is it that many times my shots only cause a slight pause and flash of the boss at the other end and not outright kill him? and then other times one shot does him in? The issue I have with this, is that I have more instances of this happening than outright killing him. In one level I hit him like 4 times with him only doing the flash and not die at which point I would always run out of time. In fact that is largely why I get killed is from running out of time on the level and not from getting hit from enemies.

And yes it sounds great and looks even better on my 48" LED HDtv through VGA! LOL

received my copy of the game on Saturday! I'm totally hooked! I do have a question though that I didn't see mentioned in the manual...

Why is it that many times my shots only cause a slight pause and flash of the boss at the other end and not outright kill him? and then other times one shot does him in? The issue I have with this, is that I have more instances of this happening than outright killing him. In one level I hit him like 4 times with him only doing the flash and not die at which point I would always run out of time. In fact that is largely why I get killed is from running out of time on the level and not from getting hit from enemies.

And yes it sounds great and looks even better on my 48" LED HDtv through VGA! LOL

From memory it takes 1 shot to kill him on level one, 2 on level two and so on.

• Like 1

From memory it takes 1 shot to kill him on level one, 2 on level two and so on.

That would make sense, except I've never gotten past level 4 in the game and that is including the asteroid level 3 in there. I have killed him several times in one shot on the first level, but I've seen it where he just flashes when I've hit him on the very first level before also. Nah, I'm thinking that your shot just literally has to hit him straight in the middle to take him out, else his sides act as 'armor' that only managed to waste your shot and freeze him for a split second.

I really like the game, but just can't seem to get much further than level 4 due to how inconsistent taking out the boss ship really is.

Also the manual does a good job of telling you what each thing in the game is via referencing the objects in the game by the matching number on the manual. However, the Asteroids are in fact object #7 in the manual and aren't listed directly as such. The manual mentions dodging asteroids in the asteroids level, but doesn't explain that #7 in the manual is the asteroid graphic.

Still, this is an excellent twitch shooter that the Lynx doesn't really have in its library of games.