IGNORED

TIMXT with NanoPEB Version 1 !

Shift838

All,

Insane Multitasker and I wanted to give all the NanoPEB users something to drool over. I am sure after all of you read this you will be 'Waiting with Bated Breath'.

Insane Multitasker has been working through code to get his TIMXT F18A compatible terminal program to work with the NanoPEB Version 1 (9902 version).

I have been doing quite a bit of testing for him since I have the Nano and was able to obtain the NanoPEB DSR code in order to help with this project.

We wanted to give all the Nano PEB users some hope of being able to use the NanoPEB with a UDS or Modem Serial device and be able to call BBS'. We know this is one of the key areas that many NanoPEB users would like to see.

Insane M. was able to identify a few key changes needed in order to get the NanoPEB V1 to work with TIMXT terminal program.

A couple of issues were identified that caused issues with File Transfers not working as well as a handful of keys (6 of them) would stop working periodically.

This has been fixed! However, the fastest reliable speed for file transfers I have been able to test is 19,200 bps.

Even at 19,200 sometimes a character from a menu or text file being displayed is not in the correct place on the screen. But otherwise it works well very well and it is leaps and bounds past where it was days ago. I have tested with 300 to 38400 baud. 9600 baud and under seems to be rock solid.

Insane will be looking into whether he wants to merge the two versions in one or just keep a NanoPEB version just for Nano Users.

When Insane is ready to post the program please look for it here.

We are ringing the bell, are you all salivating yet?

Insane Multitasker is doing it again!

Check this thread often for updates.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 6

Thank you, Shift838, for testing and helping sort through what is/is not working. I'll share part of what I sent you to pass along to the nanopeb developer:

The nanoPEB hardware is operating under the assumption that the base CRU address bit 0 must be turned on prior to accessing the 9902 and its CRU bits. While this is true for activating the ROM to show up at 0x4000, this is NOT true when you are only accessing the 9902 and related CRU bits.

A peripheral box TI RS232 card will respond to CRU reads/writes/tests without bit 0 turned on. It seems contrary to what is written in DSR literature, so it is easy to understand how this came to be. I suspect the cards are set to respond to CRU operations within the range of the card; since no memory access takes place, this seems logical.

I still want (need) to confirm that the CorComp and Myarc RS232s truly respond in this manner. [Edit: Confirmed with the real hardware that all three card types in my possession operate in the same manner]. It is almost a given, since most terminal emulator code doesn't differentiate between the cards.

The high communications speed is compromised due to the extra instructions needed to activate/deactivate the RS232 card. I'll take another look at running the critical interrupt code in PAD ram and go from there. The good news is we found the problem and can work around.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

All,

This is going to make all of the Version 1 NanoPEB users very HAPPY!!!!!!

Insane Multitasker has released the attahced updated TIMXT for use with the NanoPEB v1.x with the 9902.

Please be aware this of course still requires the F18A video upgrade.

Should be able to use the same cable used with Stuarts Internet Browser.

Attached is EA #5 program image format (#6 on XB 2.7 suite) and a binary for use with the FlashROM99.

Enjoy....

TIMXT_NANO.bin

TIMXT_NANO.zip

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The nano version should be compatible with the TI RS232 - I've used it with both systems. I do not know if anyone has tested TIMXT with a HDX-modified RS232.

Seems the color attributes are not being set, so that at least provides an idea of where the system is hanging.

Share your system configuration and peripheral cards.

The nano version should be compatible with the TI RS232 - I've used it with both systems. I do not know if anyone has tested TIMXT with a HDX-modified RS232.

Seems the color attributes are not being set, so that at least provides an idea of where the system is hanging.

I can verify the latest version of TIMXT works with:

Nano PEB v1

TI RS232 (standard)

TI RS232 with HDX

• Like 1

I do not know if anyone has tested TIMXT with a HDX-modified RS232.

I can't help you answer that first question.

On my configuration I'm using RS-232/1 (Port 2) for the HDX and for the UDS-10 I'm using RS-232/2 (Port 1)

The modem was on RS232/2 (Port 2) but it's not currently hooked up.

Even if I had enough time, I'm not into messing with my cables anymore.

So, I can save this on a CF card, and use my XB 2.7 cart to load/run it?

What is the following in the zip?

TIMXT

TIMXU

TIMXV

Thanks! :)

TIMXT, TIMXU and TIMXV are the serialized E/A5 program files for TIMXT. When you choose E/A option 5 and give it DSKx.TIMXT, E/A loads TIMXT, which contains an indication that another file follows. E/A then looks for a file with the same name except with a terminal character (‘U’) that is one more than the ASCII value of the terminal character (‘T’) of the file just loaded. This process is repeated until a file is loaded that indicates there are no more files in the serial chain (in this case, TIMXV). E/A then branches to the program’s startup code.

...lee [Edit in this color.]

Alright, so was able to fire it up with my NANO.

I wasn't able to get it to talk to anything, out of the box. I need to tinker around..

I am able to get Stuart's browser to work with my UDS-10

I have a F-18 v1.5

Updating right now to v1.8.

Edited by slinkeey

After updating to v1.8, it looks much better... Just need to figure out how to get the UDS to respond. I know that the terminals does recognize the serial port. When I toggle the power on the UDS, I get some symbols on the screen.

double check your UDS settings and make sure it is set to the correct baud rate, parity and stop bits.

My UDS-10 settings I use with the 4A are:

*** Channel 1
Baudrate 38400, I/F Mode 4C, Flow 00
Port 00023
Connect Mode : D6
Auto increment source port disabled
Remote IP Adr: --- none ---, Port 00000
Disconn Mode : 00
Flush Mode : 00
Edited by Shift838

This is what I have..

*** Channel 1
Baudrate 19200, I/F Mode 4C, Flow 00
Port 00023
Remote IP Adr: --- none ---, Port 00000
Connect Mode : D6
Disconn Mode : 00
Flush Mode : 00

I knocked the baud rate down to see if that helps..

Edited by slinkeey

The last time I used my UDS-10 (and it was a while ago) I remember that Stuart & InsaneMultitasker got on the same page and made it so the same settings could be used for both the browser and TIMXT. When I checked mine a couple of minutes ago, I noticed the settings are slightly different from you folks.

Of course if you use a modem... ignore this post.

post-35324-0-98452200-1491353903_thumb.jpg